Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:21:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the logo to be changed?
Yes, a new logo sounds great - 10 (66.7%)
No, current logo is the best - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][66] ★Coin 66★ - Hard Fork - Mandatory Update - 2014/04/04  (Read 41031 times)
gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:15:57 PM

Dear all,
after having verified the feasability of your initiative, I'm now more than doubtful. In essence, without having the developer's full credentials (i.e. without a complete handover by pikimunga / menzo) you can't take over the development and support of the coin, so you cannot update the wallet as you want and assume that your 66 coins are recognised by the network. On the contrary, you'll create a new coin, or an unrecognised clone of it, and of course the distribution of those coins will start from scratch. As already shared with all of you, a fork of 66 coin - a project dying because of the disappearance of the developer - is not a good idea, first of all for marketing reasons.

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaintFrantic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:32:50 PM

Dear all,
after having verified the feasability of your initiative, I'm now more than doubtful. In essence, without having the developer's full credentials (i.e. without a complete handover by pikimunga / menzo) you can't take over the development and support of the coin, so you cannot update the wallet as you want and assume that your 66 coins are recognised by the network. On the contrary, you'll create a new coin, or an unrecognised clone of it, and of course the distribution of those coins will start from scratch. As already shared with all of you, a fork of 66 coin - a project dying because of the disappearance of the developer - is not a good idea, first of all for marketing reasons.

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.
  It's not about the developer. Developer is nobody without his community no matter how innovative and new tech is the coin. I believe If we threaten them to abandon everything day might start thinking what they about to do with their shit useless coin and premine and start actually work for their money. As far as I know there are programmers that can do you one of the standard coins quickly and cheaply without you being knowledgeable of any  programming.
  What I don't like about your project is it sound pretty standard and not a bit innovative, and attractive. I wish luck with it I hope I'm wrong about it.
   I believe that 66 has potential. Just need to be revamped. I wrote to menzo to see what his opinion is about him giving up his premine coins. I'm still waiting for response. While we waiting we can assemble new team and see what the CRF can help with they sound pretty knowledgeable.

Juniortw

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:58:33 AM

66coin was the greatest deception, i entered the project, i developed the site with access to graphs of values​​, with own forum, i started desolvolver marketing project, paid hosting from my pocket and I see the ships, all are gone and not respond more was, I lost with my money, my time wasted, and a coin that died and nobody says anything about it  Angry
gwopr

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:57:07 AM

Dear friends,
I would be more than happy to let 66 survive, as you: we all will lose money and time when this coin dies. But to me it's best to start working on a credible project that offers real opportunities than chasing ghosts. Anyway, I wish you good luck.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:13:47 AM

Dear all,

You're wrong. Coins are just like open source where you can take the code and make changes. If everybody accepts this new version, it's not a copy, but simply the new direction of the existing coin (old blockchain in there). We did this with quarkbar and it worked out great!:-)

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:26:40 AM

Dear all,

You're wrong. Coins are just like open source where you can take the code and make changes. If everybody accepts this new version, it's not a copy, but simply the new direction of the existing coin (old blockchain in there). We did this with quarkbar and it worked out great!:-)

Come on Jonesd find us some programmers so we can change the Algo and open our own pools.  Who's the person I can speak with? We will collect some funds.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:30:19 AM

66coin was the greatest deception, i entered the project, i developed the site with access to graphs of values​​, with own forum, i started desolvolver marketing project, paid hosting from my pocket and I see the ships, all are gone and not respond more was, I lost with my money, my time wasted, and a coin that died and nobody says anything about it  Angry

It won't die If we don't let it die. I tried to warn people about that before pikimunga was gone but all of you were just happy to keep mining and prey for miracles. They  don't happen on their on you need to make them. Tell us what this you pay for the website, hosting and so on. How long is the hosting paid for? When the domain expire?

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:12:35 AM

Changing coin to another one will crash its position on voting system on mintpal which is now mostly valuable thing of this 66 coin. So please just make 66 going forward...!

I am voting for three months on mintpal everyday few times and other people do same as I could see votes are going up!
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:29:02 AM

Dear all,

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

Come on Jonesd find us some programmers so we can change the Algo and open our own pools.  Who's the person I can speak with? We will collect some funds.

I will talk with the team today and maybe we can arrange an IRC meeting. We might be able to offer some assistance.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:53:38 AM

Dear all,

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

Come on Jonesd find us some programmers so we can change the Algo and open our own pools.  Who's the person I can speak with? We will collect some funds.

I will talk with the team today and maybe we can arrange an IRC meeting. We might be able to offer some assistance.

We will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Jonesd

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:09:54 AM

Dear all,

We will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Jonesd

You're welcome Smiley Team members are pretty busy, so could also take till Friday, but I'll let you know.

Obfuscode

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:11:48 AM

IRC meeting sounds good.

Give us a PM of when & where, I'll be glad to join and give some advise.

- f0o
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:32:02 AM

IRC meeting sounds good.

- f0o

Thanks, guys. You give me hope that not everyone is that selfish around here. I do believe one day we all going to have enough of everything and money want be need it anymore. Today's financial world is corrupt and unjust for most people. Cryptoz give some hope that we can build new world. I do dream of those days.

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:58:43 AM

IRC meeting sounds good.

- f0o

Thanks, guys. You give me hope that not everyone is that selfish around here. I do believe one day we all going to have enough of everything and money want be need it anymore. Today's financial world is corrupt and unjust for most people. Cryptoz give some hope that we can build new world. I do dream of those days.

Smiley

Maybe you can already specify some of your questions and we can plan an open4all IRC meeting this Friday?

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:49:47 PM

Ok. Let's see what questions the community has. I do have some questions already.
- How can we deal with the premine
-Change of Algo
-Establishing Pools
-UI for the wallet - I'll specifically talk about few features.

Anyone who wants to submit they question for the CR, please do here.

gwopr

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

Dear all,

I would be more than happy to realise I was wrong: this would mean that my 66 coin investiment is still valuable and fruitful. We'll see. Keep me updated, as I will do with you.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:24:33 PM

Dear all,

I would be more than happy to realise I was wrong: this would mean that my 66 coin investiment is still valuable and fruitful. We'll see. Keep me updated, as I will do with you.
Thanks, gwopr.We will.

Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:11:43 PM

My questions:

What is strategy of 66 after revive? Afterall we need purpose to make difference of most coins on the market!

Could we make strategy of coin with some goals - small, middle and long goals?

Is there a chance to be just focused to make this coin very high? We need few weeks of focus with good strategy on "paper" Smiley

These are questions for having agreement that we need methodology to make this coin up. We need system here, not just organizational but operational with clear goals (in numbers), so we could measure it. We dont need breakup coin with leader who want to call himself leader, dont want to insult nobody - just want to add something new into coin. Methodology with coin purpose on a market (virtual-internet or real world) could attract investors.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:33:22 PM

My questions:

What is strategy of 66 after revive? Afterall we need purpose to make difference of most coins on the market!

Could we make strategy of coin with some goals - small, middle and long goals?

Is there a chance to be just focused to make this coin very high? We need few weeks of focus with good strategy on "paper" Smiley

These are questions for having agreement that we need methodology to make this coin up. We need system here, not just organizational but operational with clear goals (in numbers), so we could measure it. We dont need breakup coin with leader who want to call himself leader, dont want to insult nobody - just want to add something new into coin. Methodology with coin purpose on a market (virtual-internet or real world) could attract investors.

I think we should just focus on technical aspect of the coin when we ask the CR. We the team and the community will decide on the question you have. Let's first establish stable pools and software support. I hope that this answer you question partly of course. When we know what they'll say about my ideas and your questions we will focus on the operational and purpose goals.

Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

ok, deal. I thought for answer after technical things. After thah, we need marketing background with detailed goals!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: