Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the logo to be changed?
Yes, a new logo sounds great - 10 (66.7%)
No, current logo is the best - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][66] ★Coin 66★ - Hard Fork - Mandatory Update - 2014/04/04  (Read 41029 times)
SaintFrantic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:08:03 PM

ok, deal. I thought for answer after technical things. After thah, we need marketing background with detailed goals!
Good don't forget to raise those questions when we start discussing further development and the goals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:10:35 PM

no problem, this is essential after technics so question will raise by them self Smiley
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:15:45 PM

There was so many people mining this coin and I'm sure they still hold most of them as well why they don't say something is quite baffling.
We need you now.

cgt99

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:07:31 PM

Dear all,
after having verified the feasability of your initiative, I'm now more than doubtful. In essence, without having the developer's full credentials (i.e. without a complete handover by pikimunga / menzo) you can't take over the development and support of the coin, so you cannot update the wallet as you want and assume that your 66 coins are recognised by the network. On the contrary, you'll create a new coin, or an unrecognised clone of it, and of course the distribution of those coins will start from scratch. As already shared with all of you, a fork of 66 coin - a project dying because of the disappearance of the developer - is not a good idea, first of all for marketing reasons.

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

You're wrong. Coins are just like open source where you can take the code and make changes. If everybody accepts this new version, it's not a copy, but simply the new direction of the existing coin (old blockchain in there). We did this with quarkbar and it worked out great!:-)

Yes, I think this is the best thing to do for 66coin, reviving the coin with a new popular algo like energysaving X11 and help to set up a pool to the community. If dev(s) can be found  for this they can be paid with funds from donations and fees from pool maybe?
66coin have potential to be listed at mintpal and we had some action already at cryptorush before it went down.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:41:37 PM

Dear all,
after having verified the feasability of your initiative, I'm now more than doubtful. In essence, without having the developer's full credentials (i.e. without a complete handover by pikimunga / menzo) you can't take over the development and support of the coin, so you cannot update the wallet as you want and assume that your 66 coins are recognised by the network. On the contrary, you'll create a new coin, or an unrecognised clone of it, and of course the distribution of those coins will start from scratch. As already shared with all of you, a fork of 66 coin - a project dying because of the disappearance of the developer - is not a good idea, first of all for marketing reasons.

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

You're wrong. Coins are just like open source where you can take the code and make changes. If everybody accepts this new version, it's not a copy, but simply the new direction of the existing coin (old blockchain in there). We did this with quarkbar and it worked out great!:-)

Yes, I think this is the best thing to do for 66coin, reviving the coin with a new popular algo like energysaving X11 and help to set up a pool to the community. If dev(s) can be found  for this they can be paid with funds from donations and fees from pool maybe?
66coin have potential to be listed at mintpal and we had some action already at cryptorush before it went down.

Nice to hear from you, cgt99.
Any question for the CR Foundation?

cgt99

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:09:34 PM

Dear all,

If POS could be implemented that might attract new investors, but my question is how much work from DEV it takes to do it, doable or not? if not now maybe later?
new algo and pool is prio 1 though
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:11:27 PM

Dear all,

If POS could be implemented that might attract new investors, but my question is how much work from DEV it takes to do it, doable or not? if not now maybe later?
new algo and pool is prio 1 though

Good. Noted.

gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:58:08 PM

Dear all,

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

I would be more than happy to realise I was wrong: this would mean that my 66 coin investiment is still valuable and fruitful. We'll see. Keep me updated, as I will do with you.
Thanks, gwopr.We will.

Anyway, I have set the 66 coin wallet 24h/7d active, so to contribute to keep the coin alive...
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:32:23 PM

Dear all,

Consequently, I won't join in, but of course I respect your legitimate point of view. In parallel,  I and my team will go on with the development of the new coin, providing you with all info and news and asking for your opinion as so far happened. And once more I can confirm that the possibility to exchange 66 coins with the new coin will be offered to the whole 66 coin community.

I would be more than happy to realise I was wrong: this would mean that my 66 coin investiment is still valuable and fruitful. We'll see. Keep me updated, as I will do with you.
Thanks, gwopr.We will.

Anyway, I have set the 66 coin wallet 24h/7d active, so to contribute to keep the coin alive...

Thank, you gwopr for your support.

gwopr

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:34:51 PM

You are more than welcome. And finally, a little part of my mind hopes you are right to believe in 66 coin revive.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:51:54 PM

You are more than welcome. And finally, a little part of my mind hopes you are right to believe in 66 coin revive.
Believe and dreams are what push us forward.

Juniortw

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:06:54 PM

Hosting for 1 year with unlimited everything, I spent days searching developing inplantar updates to the site by contacting the pool's pikimunga who claimed to be partners for a possible incorporation, working late at night because I'm from Brazil and the schedule that was pikimunga online was morning here in Brazil to reach the end, it's time to link in the dominio he has the guy gone, no reply email, facebook, forums or even a fucking

i lost almost 3 btc with the promise of 1 66coin (which was worth 10btc) i received 0

do not care one hour the world turns and each pays for what he did with the other
smoky001

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

Astrum

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:15:51 PM

havent been here for a while and im glad to see some new activity!

I support the new project this coin deserves more for sure
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:17:04 AM

Hosting for 1 year with unlimited everything, I spent days searching developing inplantar updates to the site by contacting the pool's pikimunga who claimed to be partners for a possible incorporation, working late at night because I'm from Brazil and the schedule that was pikimunga online was morning here in Brazil to reach the end, it's time to link in the dominio he has the guy gone, no reply email, facebook, forums or even a fucking

i lost almost 3 btc with the promise of 1 66coin (which was worth 10btc) i received 0

do not care one hour the world turns and each pays for what he did with the other
Ok. You have the hosting or not. Do you have the pool and the files and everything? What is the deal there? Can we retrieve it and use it maybe? What's inplantar updates?

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:18:23 AM

havent been here for a while and im glad to see some new activity!

I support the new project this coin deserves more for sure

It's more about what people deserve. The coins can be made same with everything material in this world.

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:47:39 AM

MEETING

This afternoon at 4PM UTC (10AM EST, 6PM Paris/Berlin) the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation will have a meeting at  irc.freenode.net/coinrevival to discuss the following things:

1. 66Coin technical support
2. Quarkbar promotion
3. Quarkbar next steps
4. Frycoin next steps
5. Support of other coins.

Feel free to join!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

MEETING

This afternoon at 4PM UTC (10AM EST, 6PM Paris/Berlin) the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation will have a meeting at  irc.freenode.net/coinrevival to discuss the following things:

2. Quarkbar promotion
3. Quarkbar next steps
4. Frycoin next steps

Feel free to join!

Great news.

Juniortw

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:33:12 PM

hosting this it, I paid for a year, until April 2015
gwopr

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:36:28 PM

MEETING

2. Quarkbar promotion
3. Quarkbar next steps
4. Frycoin next steps

Feel free to join!

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at that.
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:39:41 PM

will show on IRC Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: