Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:53:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs vs. STOs?  (Read 97 times)
squanhin (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:44:46 PM

I've heard a lot about ICOs and some of the risks it comes with if you don't do your due diligence. In the more recent months, I've been hearing security tokens pop up more and more, like Corl (https://corl.io) who are close to becoming the world's first public token. What are your thoughts on STOs and the companies choosing to use these? Is this going to be the next ICO?
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:12:13 PM

Interesting. I have not heard about this project and this model of ICO. I will investigate this. Thanks for the info. In general, security tokens definitely a good thing Roll Eyes

gabrielkings

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 09:50:53 PM

I don't think so... I think security tokens are a different thing entirely just like utility toekens. We have security tokens and ustility tokens and Security tokens derives its value from an external, tradable asset, it is classified as a security token and becomes subject to federal securities regulations. This is what I understand security tokes to be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: