Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Manipulator  (Read 4882 times)
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:24:32 PM

Awww, look at puppy Blitz, before he became all callous and cynical about the markets... He even complained about a "manipulator" who's "keeping the price down" ... just like the new noobs are doing now :3

Don't ban me please Cheesy

Several names still posting regularly on here. Why not rich?! Smiley

Weak hands *cough* Cheesy

Or not rich enough Wink

Can you ever be too rich? Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:39:07 PM

Awww, look at puppy Blitz, before he became all callous and cynical about the markets... He even complained about a "manipulator" who's "keeping the price down" ... just like the new noobs are doing now :3

Back then, at least until 2012, you actually had absolutely blatant manipulation, putting up scare walls and pulling them which was relatively common. Nowadays, it's actually the exception. The markets have become relatively deep (compared to the past!) and much harder to move, particularly when you consider how distributed the exchange volume is nowadays. If you'd been there, you would have probably viewed it the same – ask WA, he's least susceptible to such delusions and even he saw the manipulation.

There's no doubt I attributed the manipulators too much meaning though, particularly in 2012 when there were 50k walls. The manipulators pass with time.

You think no rich people waste their time on forums? Tongue
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:11:26 AM

Manipulators still exist, even last year they were still rampant on BTC-e. Manipulators just need bigger pockets nowadays.

And to the other posters, if you're rich and no longer need to work.....posting on the forum for your hobby sounds like a good pass-time to me Smiley

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:18:17 AM

Perhaps Blitz is the manipulator  Shocked

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:18:09 AM

It's fun to see how things aren't changed after three years, btw I wish I would be here in 2011...

If you are still here in 3 years i think you will be happy as it is Wink

time to buy!  Grin
How? I never sodl!!

Hodling since 2011.®
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Borsche

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:24:24 AM

what else would a rich person do inbetween cocktail party and a foot massage? other than read newbies on btctalk and smile nostalgically Smiley

i am satoshi
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:49:20 AM

Hahah, this necro thread gave me a nice laugh! LOL, thanks!

2011, what a year!

BTW: do you miss Atlas? He was like a diamond compared to today's trolls! : )
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Borsche

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

BTW: do you miss Atlas? He was like a diamond compared to today's trolls! : )

yeah, at least he was intelligent and could respond to a follow up question, unlike the current bullshit spewing automatons.

i am satoshi
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:56:47 AM

Manipulators now only need 1/100th of what they had to have back then to manipulate.

Society doesn't scale.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

what else would a rich person do inbetween cocktail party and a foot massage? other than read newbies on btctalk and smile nostalgically Smiley

It sucks being a boat miser. Here I am, with barely 1 BTC, where if I arrived a bit earlier, I could be retired myseld and my entire family from this rat race. The only thing I have to look forward is to work, bald and die, being an early adopter could have saved me from this torture. If BTC ever goes high enough per coin to have a life changing impact on me I will be too old to enjoy the benefits anyway (or dead). Im 25, so unless 1 BTC is like 100K in 2034, im fucked, any older than 45 and it's just not the same.

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 09:37:30 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

It sucks being a boat miser. Here I am, with barely 1 BTC, where if I arrived a bit earlier, I could be retired myseld and my entire family from this rat race. The only thing I have to look forward is to work, bald and die, being an early adopter could have saved me from this torture. If BTC ever goes high enough per coin to have a life changing impact on me I will be too old to enjoy the benefits anyway (or dead). Im 25, so unless 1 BTC is like 100K in 2034, im fucked, any older than 45 and it's just not the same.
Just trade dude. Learn how to.
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:00:43 PM

Back then, at least until 2012, you actually had absolutely blatant manipulation, putting up scare walls and pulling them which was relatively common. Nowadays, it's actually the exception. The markets have become relatively deep (compared to the past!) and much harder to move, particularly when you consider how distributed the exchange volume is nowadays. If you'd been there, you would have probably viewed it the same – ask WA, he's least susceptible to such delusions and even he saw the manipulation.

There's no doubt I attributed the manipulators too much meaning though, particularly in 2012 when there were 50k walls. The manipulators pass with time.

Now you can all see what the manipulator looked like. But the manipulator back then was even more aggressive.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 09:16:20 PM

It's fun to see how things aren't changed after three years, btw I wish I would be here in 2011...

time to buy!  Grin

Good call bro, I think you all said that around $800 too! You're making the community lose more money!!
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:25:59 PM

time to buy!  Grin

Good call bro, I think you all said that around $800 too! You're making the community lose more money!!

in 10 years when the price hits 100,000$ we will look back at this thread and laugh.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 12:05:32 AM

time to buy!  Grin

in 10 years when the price hits 100,000$ we will look back at this thread and laugh.

Im sure bro, People have been saying that all year but we have 11 months of losses. Who exactly is laughing right now?  Huh
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:59:38 AM

time to buy!  Grin

Im sure bro, People have been saying that all year but we have 11 months of losses. Who exactly is laughing right now?  Huh

People who are patient and don't think so incredibly short term?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:08:20 AM

Blitz, why you such a conspiracy nut? 
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:19:02 PM

Now you can all see what the manipulator looked like. But the manipulator back then was even more aggressive.
I nominate Blitz for the first Best Necro "I Told You So" Award.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:21:19 PM

Because of The Manipulator  Undecided

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 09:00:51 PM

anybody is still watching "The Manipulator" these days?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: