Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] Mazacoin pool at maza.cryptoADHD.com  (Read 3972 times)
owlhooter (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

We've only had 10 orphans since the launch of Mazacoin which is just slightly less than 1% which seems to be on par with the other pools.  The difficulty definitely has a lot of wild swings to it and the luck of the pools have some to play into it as well.  Coinwarz seems to put the number of coins you should earn per day at a best possible scenario at the current difficulty, and can't really take into account pool luck, but I do find that when I put my hash rate into Coinwarz the average over the last 24 hours gets pretty close.

The block explorer will let you see all the difficulties of the blocks, but doesn't chart it out.

http://explorer.mazacoin.org/chain/MazaCoin
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

I find that when I use the 4 week average difficulty number from the cryptoADHD site and my total number of coins, I get an average hashrate of 39.7 GH/s, which compares reasonably with the 41 GH/s.

My real question is whether the calculation at coinwarz is valid.  It shows mazacoin as very profitable for mining right now.  (edited)  Well, it did last night when I started the calculations.

I try to be respectful and informed.
owlhooter (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:37:43 PM

Yeah, with the difficulty changing every 4 blocks and people switching coins based off what is showing as most profitable there have been wild swings in the difficulty, I've seen it go up to 13 million for a few sets of blocks before finally coming back down slowly into the 1-3 million range and then shooting right back up when it shows profitable again.   
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: