Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Once again, bitcoin investors hold their breath for an ETF approval  (Read 252 times)
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:31:59 AM

I have decided not not be bothered by the continuous ETF hanky-parky. Am just seeing what I can make out from this current market before the bull run turns in, as we stand, if the mainstream don't believe in bitcoin, this won't have given them some-much concern and sleepless night. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:19:38 PM

I don't know if we can consider it as price manipulation. Manage your expectations that it will be delayed again. Bitcoin doesn't need ETF. It will continue to exist without it.

This we bitcoiners know it but this new traders and users of crypto currency dont know it. They are just needing it in the hope that market will bounce back and move just like last month. Market is not reacted much so i think it should not get lower if it got rejected.

xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:26:57 PM

Before ETFs bitcoin was trading rugged and stayed bullishish! In the last major bull run, price wasn't determined by ETFs, it was determined by the ease with which bitcoin made moving of monies possible, those who paid for properties in Dubai, bought landed properties in other places made the bull possible. I see that happening again, bitcoin will rise when all the noise about regulations die down. ETFs were over hyped. Bitcoin controls its own price that's what I think.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:31:18 PM

I don't know if we can consider it as price manipulation. Manage your expectations that it will be delayed again. Bitcoin doesn't need ETF. It will continue to exist without it.

This we bitcoiners know it but this new traders and users of crypto currency dont know it. They are just needing it in the hope that market will bounce back and move just like last month. Market is not reacted much so i think it should not get lower if it got rejected.

Yes for the long term outlokk this ETF is just a blip, another chapter in Bitcoins
life story. Its the short term outlookers who are focusing on the ETF to make a
gain on the announcement.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Lionheart001

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:05:18 AM

This is just pure manipulation by the big players. They are just scooping up cheap Bitcoin, and when they are done they will pump it to the high heavens. Stop panicking about this whole ETF saga mates. Crypto was fine without ETF or the SEC for a long time. Why does it seems suddenly that the very existence of crypto is dependent on that ruling. Wake crypto enthusiasts, stop playing into their hands... Just exercise a little patience and all will be well
giacatluong

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:15:41 AM

This ETF supported by Bitcoin may be owned by the CBOE, VanEck and SolidX trio. And when it comes to Bitcoin bulk custody services hosted by three companies, there is a bakkt solution coming out in November as well as some other custodial services around. With Bakkt launched in November, we can clearly see that the ETF supported by CBOE will most likely be postponed again by the SEC.
So we have to wait in November again, right ?

zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:18:18 AM

If approval from SEC will pass, then those who hold Bitcoin will be a plus in connection with the growth of its price.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:19:27 AM

this recent one had no price manipulation, the fact that price doesn't rise is just because people are afraid of that manipulation that can come.
we have had manipulation because of ETF in the past though. the first time it came out and the none of them was rejected a couple of months ago we had a wild swing up and down. and we may see another wild one when Solidx ETF is rejected next month but I wouldn't expect such a big deal out of it yet since these delays made most investors realize how pointless their concerns about ETF approval have been.

Only Bitcoin
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:20:17 AM

Yes for the long term outlokk this ETF is just a blip, another chapter in Bitcoins
life story. Its the short term outlookers who are focusing on the ETF to make a
gain on the announcement.
For those who's believing that Bitcoin will gain adoptions in the long run won't worry about this concerned, as time will come and usage will be broader, I think you are correct when you said that only those who's aiming for short term gains are the people who's leaning with this ETF decision but for supporters it won't be bothered.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:24:19 AM

Every few weeks this summer, bitcoin bulls have gotten a ray of hope from U.S. regulators.

This week, that optimism is coming from the possibility a bitcoin exchange-traded fund, or ETF, will be approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

What would be the first-ever bitcoin-based ETF is being decided on by the SEC on Thursday, the deadline according to the Federal Register.

ProShares, which has about $30 billion in assets under management, filed for two bitcoin ETFs in September. The ETFs plan to track bitcoin futures contracts traded on the Chicago Board of Options Exchange and will trade on NYSE Arca, according to the SEC filing. ProShares declined to comment on the status of its application.

The biggest bitcoin news of the year, says Brian Kelly   The biggest bitcoin news of the year, says Brian Kelly 
6:28 PM ET Fri, 3 Aug 2018 | 06:15
Exchange-traded funds track an index or group of assets but trade like stocks. The approval of one could bring in a wave of institutional buyers and, because bitcoin has a fixed supply, theoretically push up prices.

Hunter Horsley‏, CEO of Bitwise Asset Management, which submitted its own ETF proposal to the SEC in June, said investors shouldn't read into Thursday's deadline.

"An SEC filing hitting a deadline is a procedural reality — it doesn't change the odds of it getting approved, it just draws our attention to it," Horsley said. "Just because we hit the deadline doesn't necessarily give any indication that the SEC has changed its tune."

Struggling bitcoin prices jumped ahead of other SEC deadlines for ETFs this summer. The cryptocurrency rallied 20 percent, above $8,000, in late July on rumors that another ETF, proposed by VanEck, would be approved in August. That decision was later postponed by the agency.

This week, price moves have been more subtle. The cryptocurrency rose roughly 3 percent to a high of $6,858.61, according to data from CoinDesk. Bitcoin is still down more than 50 percent this year and more than 65 percent from its high near $20,000.

“You do not want to give Jeff Bezos a seven-year head start.”
Hear what else Buffett has to say

Brian Kelly, CEO and founder of BKCM, said investors are getting more cautious and have stopped betting big ahead of these SEC deadlines.

"My view is still [that] this does not get approved tomorrow, but I feel we're making large steps and getting closer to it," Kelly said. "There's a better chance this gets approved than anything else."

One reason the ProShares ETF might be more appealing to regulators is because it's based on futures trading. The agency has cited the lack of regulation in bitcoin exchanges. But bitcoin futures trade on the SEC-regulated CBOE.

Winklevoss twins rejected
 SEC rejects Winklevoss bitcoin ETF proposal for the second time   SEC rejects Winklevoss bitcoin ETF proposal for the second time 
6:17 PM ET Thu, 26 July 2018 | 01:35
ProShares is hardly the only group looking to list an ETF.

In late July, the Securities and Exchange Commission rejected a second attempt by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, founders of crypto exchange Gemini, to list the first-ever cryptocurrency ETF on a regulated exchange. The same week, the SEC delayed deliberations on five other bitcoin ETFs filed by NYSE Arca, Inc. Asset manager Bitwise joined the list of hopefuls in July and filed for an ETF that would track a basket of cryptocurrencies.

After the Winklevoss rejection, the agency reiterated its mission to prevent fraudulent or manipulative acts or practices and to protect investors. The agency has repeatedly mentioned the possibility of fraud and manipulation of bitcoin, particularly since this is done in a largely unregulated offshore market.

The financial watchdog emphasized in the Winklevoss decision that the disapproval did not rest on whether bitcoin or blockchain technology had value as an innovation, or an investment.

SEC Commissioner Hester M. Peirce was the lone dissenter in the agency's decision on the Winklevoss ETF. She published an open letter that bitcoin bulls saw as a positive sign for an eventual approval.

"More institutional participation would ameliorate many of the Commission's concerns with the bitcoin market that underlie its disapproval order," Peirce wrote. "I am concerned that the Commission's approach undermines investor protection by precluding greater institutionalization of the bitcoin market."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/22/once-again-bitcoin-investors-hold-their-breath-for-an-etf-approval.html

I don't care about ETF approval. I care about regular people using cryptocurrencies and therefore getting the control of their own finance instead of being controlled by centralized institutions.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:19:08 AM

Most people don't care about an ETF and don't expect anything from. Only the newbies or the wannabe traders because they want to look smart here, or have no others future signal to give for the near future outside. I mean they don't know what to say anymore so they try everything left on the table
In a way i agree. i've noticed many newbies trying to show off and play it off.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:33:02 AM

I'm not surprised that ETF rejected. First you need to eradicate manipulation in the market. This requires vermya. We need to wait.
One major reason for the SEC not refusing to approve the ETF last year was due to the unregulated Bitcoin market. But by the end of 2017, Bitcoin futures started trading as big investment banks like Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan started leaping into the money-market. If the SolidX Bitcoin Shares ETF was approved on August 10th, it could catalyze a massive Bitcoin price explosion in particular and electronic money space in general.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: