Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We will see $850 by March 3rd.  (Read 7332 times)
Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

We will see $850 by March 3rd.

This is my prediction. I have been watching this market like a hawk since December and I am sure that the only thing keeping the price from being in the mid 800s is the MTGOX fiasco. The smoke is clearing and all of the people who now know about Bitcoin from the publicity will realize that this is a great chance to get into the market.

If I were you, I certainly wouldn't be buying based on some newbie...but I want to come back to this thread at the end of the week and say "told ya!"  Grin

Soon, I will be known as 'Obi-Wan Coinobi the prophet'  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

This is my prediction. I have been watching this market like a hawk since December and I am sure that the only thing keeping the price from being in the mid 800s is the MTGOX fiasco. The smoke is clearing and all of the people who now know about Bitcoin from the publicity will realize that this is a great chance to get into the market.

If I were you, I certainly wouldn't be buying based on some newbie...but I want to come back to this thread at the end of the week and say "told ya!"  Grin

Soon, I will be known as 'Obi-Wan Coinobi the prophet'  Wink

May the force be with this estimate !
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:13:26 PM

You may want to have a little read of TA 101A, and come back to us with another 'prediction'.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:17:05 PM

You may want to have a little read of TA 101A, and come back to us with another 'prediction'.

One of my observations over the past couple of months about you MatTheCat is that you think WAY too much and you are very seldom correct.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

interesting, bold prediction

lets see if ur right Cool
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:22:40 PM

One of my observations over the past couple of months about you MatTheCat is that you think WAY too much and you are very seldom correct.

but some how his predictions seemed to work out all the time.... while I was blind and listening to noobs like you shooting out "to da moon to da moon" and ignoring all the TAs, these people were making real profits.

I know you bought your bitcoins high and now you are "wishing for the price to go up to break even" but wishing doesn't change anything nor change the price, now if there will be huge volume and less resistance pushing the price up for days or at least keeping it at this level for days, i will reconsider my position.

but now my FIAT is waiting calmly on exchanges Wink

also if you are so convinced why don't you prove that with some charts ?  or is it a feeling ?
Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:29:27 PM

but some how his predictions seemed to work out all the time.... while I was blind and listening to noobs like you shooting out "to da moon to da moon" and ignoring all the TAs, these people were making real profits.

I know you bought your bitcoins high and now you are "wishing for the price to go up to break even" but wishing doesn't change anything nor change the price, now if there will be huge volume and less resistance pushing the price up for days or at least keeping it at this level for days, i will reconsider my position.

but now my FIAT is waiting calmly on exchanges Wink

also if you are so convinced why don't you prove that with some charts ?  or is it a feeling ?

Definitely based on a feeling.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:51:35 PM

Unless you are about to pump BTC by injecting $1M or so it will not happen that fast.
I wish it would go to $850...  Wink

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:53:01 PM

Are you fucking shitting me?

Cheesy

March 3rd is in like 2 days.

Whilst there are signs of an inverse head and shoulders forming.

Current volume momentum indicates a strong move down from here which would rather suggest that the inverse head n shoulders break out aint gonna happen.

And even if a break were to occur, $850, taking out several major resistance points, in 2 days?

Keep dreaming you damn bag holder.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:59:25 PM

Cheesy

Current volume momentum indicates a strong move down from here which would rather suggest that the inverse head n shoulders break out aint gonna happen.

And even if a break were to occur, $850, taking out several major resistance points, in 2 days?

I'm not trying to start something with you MatTheCat...but you are always wrong.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:06:29 PM

I'm not trying to start something with you MatTheCat...but you are always wrong.

Yes. u are of course correct.

Weeks ago, I predicted a bottom at $380. I placed 60 BTC worth of buy-ins at $391. Bitcoin only went to $400. Got that one totally wrong! (always buy in with tranches)

And there was the time when Bitcoin fell from $995 down to $890, I predicted bear market and much lower prices from that point on. But Bitcoin actually rose to $942 (before crashing utlimately to $400). Wasn't right that time either was I.

Yesterday, I recommended $578 as an excellent shorting opportunity. Bitcoin is now $561  (although shorters could have easily cashed out in $540 range)....not that great a short, was/is it?

Totally fkn wrong all the time me. I am surprised I still have any capital left on the exchanges at this rate.

Cryptobro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

lol, them's fight'n words!

Seriously though, from one noob to another, my take is we'll be around 530 on the 3rd March.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:08:03 PM

Seriously though, from one noob to another, my take is we'll be around 530 on the 3rd March.

Obi-Wan-Coinobi is an $800 BTC bag holder.

He merely wishes that Bitcoin gets to this price point so he can finally cash out without having taken a kicking from the market.

Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:17:00 PM

Obi-Wan-Coinobi is an $800 BTC bag holder.

He merely wishes that Bitcoin gets to this price point so he can finally cash out without having taken a kicking from the market.

I really don't want to argue with you MatTheCat. You will get all wordy and say all this jibber jabber and pretend to know what you are talking about. I will continue to just say that this is a prediction and nothing else.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:21:37 PM

Based on what I read Matthecat is a day trader who makes several short term predictions on a daily basis. Of course when you make that many predictions you will come up wrong at a higher rate, but overall his predictions have been good.

Others who make long term predictions about the market look more accurate because they make few predictions and the price can hit a wider range for that person to look correct.

At the same time, its not a pissing contest. Obiwon if you think it will hit that price in 2 days better throw alot of fiat on the exhanges and buy, can make a very quick return on it apparently. And now since you have judged others analysis expect the same to happen to you (if you dont disappear on March 4).

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:22:30 PM

I really don't want to argue with you MatTheCat. You will get all wordy and say all this jibber jabber and pretend to know what you are talking about. I will continue to just say that this is a prediction and nothing else.

But it isn't a prediction. It is just a bit of fluff picked from the top of your head.

If you are saying that it is a prediction of the genuine intuitive variety, then I would suggest that mental strain of being a bag holder has gotten into your head and you have become delusional.

Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:23:35 PM

Based on what I read Matthecat is a day trader who makes several short term predictions on a daily basis. Of course when you make that many predictions you will come up wrong at a higher rate, but overall his predictions have been good.

Others who make long term predictions about the market look more accurate because they make few predictions and the price can hit a wider range for that person to look correct.

At the same time, its not a pissing contest. Obiwon if you think it will hit that price in 2 days better throw alot of fiat on the exhanges and buy, can make a very quick return on it apparently. And now since you have judged others analysis expect the same to happen to you (if you dont disappear on March 4).

I'll be here. I admit I was a little harsh with you MatTheCat. I hope we all profit!
Yololintian

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

Cheesy

Matt is there a good book/textbook on beginner TA that you can suggest? You say you've been reading one haven't you? I'd like to really get into the TA thing, even though I find bitcoin price trends really dominated by news and bubbles which are caused by adoption in certain countries.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:39:34 PM

Matt is there a good book/textbook on beginner TA that you can suggest? You say you've been reading one haven't you? I'd like to really get into the TA thing, even though I find bitcoin price trends really dominated by news and bubbles which are caused by adoption in certain countries.

I use Martin Pring's 'Technical Analysis Explained'.

Not really for reading through page to page but more as a reference book for as and when chart situations develop. If you are investing in Bitcoin, you definitely need to get into reading technical indicators. I have been fortunate enough in being able to largely 'smell' a general trend out and I am usually correct. My market entry and exit points however, have often been fkn terrible due to a lack of a awareness of TA 101 basics.

For example, having bought 30 BTC at $490, I sold them all for a tidy profit at $550. I looked at a 5K wall on Bitstamp standing in between $550 and $560, and thought, "It's a sell!". However, at the very point that I sold, the 4hr MACD was crossing up the way (I knew about this rule but impulsiveness and negligence often gets the better of me), but yet more significantly, the 4hr PSAR had just switched from signal short, to long position trend. Literally two minutes after I sold, 6K of buying power swallowed that 5K wall on Stamp whole on the tails of Huobi where the move was instigated. Bitcoin double topped at $610. I missed out on the potential for doubling my profits all due to ignorance of school boy TA principles.

If I had known even the little bit of TA that I know now, when I first came as a speculator to Bitcoin in mid-late November 2013, then I am in no doubt that I would have turned 2-3 times more profit than I have done. I wouldn't have made all the stupid shitty little impulsive trades that I also make (which eat into profits) and would have capitalised much much more on my successful trades.

Get yourself a good TA book and learn TA as you trade!

Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:12:04 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: