Question: Should Bitcoin replace Fiat?
Yes
No (Bitcoin is not a payment tool)
They should both exist side by side
There is another cryptocurrency which has to replace fiat
Another opinion

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Fiat  (Read 834 times)
breadwinners

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

I don't think Bitcoin should or might replace Fiat just because they have a different nature: one is virtual, another one is physical. I'm not sure we can use them exactly the same way.
However, with time, I believe, when BTC becomes more stable and protected and people will trust in it, they will use it a lot more often then they do now or even more often then they use fiat.
shouldbelieve

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

I think bitcoin should not replace fiat and the truth is that it is hard to happen. Although bitcoin already accepted as payment currency in some countries, i think will never replace fiat.
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:27:26 PM

Bitcoin is digital currency. Stocks are as securities traded on the stock market from which individuals or a party who purchase them and become shareholders get dividend or capital gain. Fiat money is physical money.
Windmoney@1

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 03:28:53 PM

I can proudly say bitcoin can never replace flat but it can be more acceptable than flat as it has been serve is various way as internet means of payment...in the next couple of years be expecting bitcoin ATM to be ramperd
northcoin2018

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:35:54 PM

Although Bitcoin exists for almost 10 years, its role in our life is still unclear. One of the theories states that Bitcoin was created to solve the problems which fiat money cannot overcome. We can see how so many Governments have huge debts and how some countries cannot support their own currency (Venezuela might be the best example now), so Bitcoin looks like a possible option nowadays. Getting rich was never the goal for Bitcoin. It was meant to become the currency of the digital world and provide an alternative to the dying economy.

So the question is, how do you think, should Bitcoin replace Fiat money, or there are other options of how it could be useful to the society?

Edit: To give you more food for thought, there is a nice article about the history of the creation of both Fiat and Bitcoin and their detailed comparison.

Fiat is getting so boring and things now are done in a more advance and not in conventional way such as through fiat. It is just a matter of time when people will start to realize how easier faster and safier it is to use bitcoin or cryptocurrency.
ladyinredcoins2018

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

Although Bitcoin exists for almost 10 years, its role in our life is still unclear. One of the theories states that Bitcoin was created to solve the problems which fiat money cannot overcome. We can see how so many Governments have huge debts and how some countries cannot support their own currency (Venezuela might be the best example now), so Bitcoin looks like a possible option nowadays. Getting rich was never the goal for Bitcoin. It was meant to become the currency of the digital world and provide an alternative to the dying economy.

So the question is, how do you think, should Bitcoin replace Fiat money, or there are other options of how it could be useful to the society?

Edit: To give you more food for thought, there is a nice article about the history of the creation of both Fiat and Bitcoin and their detailed comparison.
Possibly the fiat right now is more preferred by many because all over the world their is less knowledge or understanding what is bitcoin but if people around the globe will start to understand this advent of technology fiat for sure will be left behind.
HeXecutor

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

Well, in my opinion the advantage of paper money is only one ... they can be found on the street and put in your pocket. With crypto currency, this can not happen ...
However, in the rest I can not find any disadvantages in using crypto currency instead of fiat. With the level of technology and mass of the places with the support of payment for everything using crypto currency, the choice in favor of this in my opinion
ir.yance

Activity: 354

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:31:57 PM

yes you are right, bitcoin has been created for almost 10 years and until now the position of bitcoin is unclear in everyday life. bitcoin often experiences problems from several countries that prohibit bitcoin.
I often hear bitcoin will become a global currency but until now bitcoin cannot become a currency that has functions like fiat uag, in my opinion it takes a very long time for bitcoin to become a currency that we can use in our daily lives.
annaso

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:02:26 PM

We cannot rule out the possibility that some bitcoin will eventually be more widely adopted and fulfill more of the functions of money in some regions or private e-commerce networks. In five years, if you try to use fiat currency they will laugh at you. Bitcoin and other cryptocurriences will be so relevant ... there will be no reason to have the fiat currencies.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:58:38 PM

To be able to  replace fiat money by bitcoin it should be  accepted by all. Todays generation is digital but there are more who still dont know bitcoin and how it works. If that happen it takes more and long time to adopt by many specially the government and understand more about bitcoin.
Irfansyed

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:50:47 AM

If you look at the foundations of fiat currencies, you find loose sand, not bedrock. Massive mountains of phantom wealth have been created by central-bank inflated bubbles, bubbles based not on actual expansion of net income earned from producing goods and services, but on financialization, the pyramiding of debt and leverage on a small base of real assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: