Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with Dead Tokens?  (Read 1868 times)
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

Out of interest, what dead tokens are they?

Someone mentioned that they could be exchangeable later on DEXs? Is this a market that could exist in the future? The buying/selling of unusable tokens, almost like antiques Smiley ?

Antiques are rare that's why they've become valuable but shitcoins aren't rare and its developers just used that to create money. So even you keep those shitcoins it won't have a decent value unless its developer is active and paying attention to their product but if it's not, don't hope for nothing.

But you can keep it and look at it so there's something that will remind you to be cautious in buying. Treat it as token of appreciation. Grin

SUBSCRIBE NOW
adding715

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:29:12 AM

Theres nothing we can do about it mate specially if the project is abandoned or not listed to any exchange the coin will remain in your wallet forever ! If you are annoyed to see those dead coin then make another private wallet
Candycrush22

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:36:24 AM

no, there is nothing you can do with them. you could trash them or you could store them in your wallet and wait for some miracle. Maybe those tokens worth something in the future, it isn't impossible that people will buy it.
kpd918@ra

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:07:43 PM

Maybe the development team has not continued or is it a phishing project. You hold them a while longer to see how
hungter34

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:46:40 PM

You keep it because it's free. Many people think dead tokens but the development team is still working. We should follow TW, FB, Telegram for more information.
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:36:32 PM

Such dead tokens in your wallet may be as a result of failed project, scam project, both bounties and airdrops. All or some of them may remain dead forever, especially when they are no longer on coinmarketcap.com. If you got these tokens free of charge, then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, your money may have gone finally.
baki22

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:09:05 AM

i don't think you can do anything with dead tokens, maybe you can store them in your wallet and somehow those tokens may worth something. that is the way to do with the dead token, or you can trash them.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:33:07 PM

Dead tokens is dead tokens ,nothing to do with em any longer ,I will say you should leave them where they are and just move on with your life ,moreover its free money
mistersehmuz

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:44:21 PM

Due to scam and failed projects of last two years, eth, wave and neo wallets will be the cemetary of death tokens in the long term. For now holding them at your wallet is the best choice. They may have a small value in the future. Who knows? Some people also like to see hundreds of worthless token at their wallets.
Dreamace7

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

: ”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:23:18 PM

I don't think there's is anything to be done with dead tokens or coins.
For a project to fail, either the team is inexperienced or negligent or did an escape scam, if such tokens were to get listed at any point, I doubt they would garner any interest in the market.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
boysthanos12

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

Buy more tokens and sell it in exchange.
Just let the token in your mew if not in exchange list or design in your myetherwallet.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:06:09 PM

These tokens are unuseful because you can't sell them and you can't have any income from them so you can't do anything with dead tokens
DenCho?

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:12:35 PM

Do they annoy you? If yes, you can hide them in your MEW or send to a random adress.

As for me it better to collect them and May be one Day they Will be listed and worth some thing) at least wait till the next crypto boom. And don't waste your time Wink

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
john.macgregor

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

Just keep them for now, do not send them to anyone, do not delete anything, just save everything and bury it somewhere on the cloud. We all heard too many stories about people having lots of bitcoins in start and just abandoning ton of them on old PCs. So you never know  Grin
StellaMakk

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:23:13 PM

I have dead tokens too and I hope that  one day the coin will grow.
I think there is nothing more to do with them)
halpi

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 05:23:19 PM

I can recommend how I work. I have 2 wallets, the first one is public, I receive bounty tokens there, the second one is my cold wallet.
As I see the token as a good one, I send tokens from the first wallet to the second one.
Such way i don`t have trash in my wallet and it is secure protected

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
itsik78

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:49:53 PM

Hi all,

I have some dead tokens in my MEW wallet that I don't know what to do with them.

any ideia?

Thank you all

I do not quite understand what you have under the dead token. In the case of fraud, the tokens of the scam project are turned into dust, but there are also such projects, but the flight of the project team does not always mean the imminent death of the token. For example, the Confido project's coin, which is recognized as a scam in the crypto community, is still being played on the stock exchange. So, as of the end of January, the capitalization of the CFD coin was $ 1.5 million, and for one coin they gave about $ 0.13
jurasic17

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:39:26 AM

Hi all,

I have some dead tokens in my MEW wallet that I don't know what to do with them.

any ideia?

Thank you all

let them be in your wallet, if one day the price will be there then sell it quickly but if there is no save keep it until you don't know when it will stop to play bitcoin
petyang12

Activity: 352

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:22:38 AM

There's nothing you can do about dead tokens in your wallet. If only the tokens you have are from airdrops then you can get rid of the tokens in your wallet by buying more of it and eth for transaction fee.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
Wiwendefak

Activity: 350
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:51:50 PM

What did you actually mean by dead coins? Scam coins or what? If your coins don't have any exchange and the coin's team is gone away, then I think those coins are nothing. Though you may try on decentralized exchanges to sell them. Forkdelta, Etherdelta is good for selling this types of coin, but you will not get good money!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: