Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone use a colocation service for their miners?  (Read 959 times)
pjviitas (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

I was wondering how many miners out there use a colocation service for mining.

It sure would make powering and cooling my miners a lot less of a pain in the ass.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:15:29 AM

It sure would make powering and cooling my miners a lot less of a pain in the ass.

I hear ya, I know what that was like all too well.  I have some spare rack space that is available if you're interested for $60 a month per miner (payable in either Bitcoin or creditcard/paypal), you can check the website contractmine.com for more information. Only asic colocation though, I don't want to deal with home made rigs suspended by PVC.  No offense to those who build home rigs, but too much to deal with from a support perspective. PM me if you have other questions... There's also bitcoinasichosting.com, they charge by the BTU but you have to mine on their pool.

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:16:53 AM

I hear ya, I know what that was like all too well.  I have some spare rack space that is available if you're interested for $60 a month per miner (payable in either Bitcoin or creditcard/paypal), you can check the website contractmine.com for more information. Only asic colocation though, I don't want to deal with home made rigs suspended by PVC.  No offense to those who build home rigs, but too much to deal with from a support perspective. PM me if you have other questions... There's also bitcoinasichosting.com, they charge by the BTU but you have to mine on their pool.

Does $60 include electricity and network bandwidth?

Yes, the exception is if the miner uses more than 1,200 watt power supply, then I need to charge an extra $20 a month for the additional amps. Most miners though are using 850w or 650w power supplies. Oh, also the power supply need to support 208v as an input too, but nearly all of them do.  Bandwidth is included as part of a 10mbps connection. 
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:43:19 AM

I know Dalkore has set up a service, not sure how busy it is yet:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=275768.0
Bonio

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:46:52 PM

I run my miners in alongside my servers, however the new miners that are coming out now obviously have larger cooling and power requirements. It seems as servers get more and more 'green' our miners are going the other way.

Many colocation services offer in the region of 1/4 amp per U, which isn't much even for an average 1U server! Also most datacentres cant or wont offer space other than for rack mount equipment, however Im starting to see more an more companies move towards cloud hosting services which might mean more cheap slots available in 'local' datacentres.

I'm in the UK.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:00:56 PM

I know Dalkore has set up a service, not sure how busy it is yet:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=275768.0

Usually they're very busy, but I can highly recommend them!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
pjviitas (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:08:08 PM

I run my miners in alongside my servers, however the new miners that are coming out now obviously have larger cooling and power requirements. It seems as servers get more and more 'green' our miners are going the other way.

Many colocation services offer in the region of 1/4 amp per U, which isn't much even for an average 1U server! Also most datacentres cant or wont offer space other than for rack mount equipment, however Im starting to see more an more companies move towards cloud hosting services which might mean more cheap slots available in 'local' datacentres.

I'm in the UK.

I have been pricing out colocation to run 10 antminers...which consumes around 34A of power and produces around 4kW of heat.

I have at least one colocation provider that says they can do this for 800CAD/month...I am still shopping around though.
Bonio

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:07:21 PM

I would think in the UK you would be looking at over £1000 a month +vat for 34 amps.

You could save money by not having to use more than 1 IP I guess and you might be able to do a deal on not needing much bandwidth unlike most busy webservers or game servers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: