Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs from 2017 were scams.  (Read 1131 times)
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:50:07 PM

2017 ratings with 80% scammed ICO was too much, i think 2017 is a good one.
unlike this year we are having now, ICO is really a bunch of scammers only few are real.
i think this is one effect why we are down now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yavorskiy616

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:06:44 PM

hello I think it's true that 80 percent of ICO is fraudulent but most of the investors are in positive territory after the investment. bought tokens on the ICO and sold immediately after the release of the exchange crypto-currency.
adiebitsler

Activity: 1106
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:14:12 PM

actually to filter it all must see the team that composes the Ico project, so it doesn't close the possibility that if you see it from pre sale it could be 50% softcap can be achieved, then we can follow it.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:19:18 PM

Numerous number ICO from 2017 were reportedly scams, if not those project that were able to raise just enough funds to start the project died off after 4 months of its operations. There are some reports that numbers of scam projects from 2017 have surpassed the total number in volume despite just halfway through the year of 2018. It’s quite alarming. Is there any possible way to filter or screen projects before running their ICO’s to avoid scam?

Do you count projects that raise investments in ETH , BTC and choose to hold them instead of USD / EUR . And when btc drops from 20k to 6k they have less funds for development and there is no chance to continiue project at the moment . Do you count them as Scams ? I dont think so , its just a risk you take before investing . If you study every part of the Whitepaper and count the all factors that can happen in every situation then you can seperate, lets say good project from scam kinda project
Bich011

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:23:39 PM

In 2018,scam projects not decrease, even it increase with larger number.
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:25:06 PM

this is a very bad indicator! the whole world is afraid of legalizing bitcoin just for these scammers of companies! these companies spoil the reputation of the entire crypt industry! The faster the government regulation in the appearance of new projects, the faster new investors will invest their money in the crypt world!
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:30:17 PM

Numerous number ICO from 2017 were reportedly scams, if not those project that were able to raise just enough funds to start the project died off after 4 months of its operations. There are some reports that numbers of scam projects from 2017 have surpassed the total number in volume despite just halfway through the year of 2018. It’s quite alarming. Is there any possible way to filter or screen projects before running their ICO’s to avoid scam?

Do you count projects that raise investments in ETH , BTC and choose to hold them instead of USD / EUR . And when btc drops from 20k to 6k they have less funds for development and there is no chance to continiue project at the moment . Do you count them as Scams ? I dont think so , its just a risk you take before investing . If you study every part of the Whitepaper and count the all factors that can happen in every situation then you can seperate, lets say good project from scam kinda project

I'm wondering is that the projects when Bitcoin reaches the $ 20000 mark, and the altcoin market is at the highest price, ICO projects only achieve soft-cap, then the cryptocurrency is now reduced from 80 to 90 percent. How to keep the money back enough to maintain the team and product?
Memeicomel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

Projects really were a lot in 2017, but I can say that already now in 2018, the number of projects has not decreased, but it seems to me that it has only increased due to what is happening on the market. People believe in crypto-currencies.
in 2018 ico scam and ico failed is increase. and just small ico reach the softcaps
i think triumph of ico is over and just wasting time to join and following ico

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 07:24:59 PM

I don't consider a project scam, if it gathers the funding and tries to develop their product. I mean not at least "full scam". Maybe a "semi scam". It takes longer to show that they don't have any good intentions to actually run and complete their product. But if an ICO dumps their tokens right after ICO is completed and sells them for cash, yes, then I consider it "full scam".

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:28:51 PM

There is not much to do, we cannot change the way this market works, if even governments are unable to do something about it then we cannot do much, so the only thing you can do is to read about the icos in which you are interested, I know that with the amount of icos in the market this soon becomes a full time job but if you really care about getting profits then that is something that you will have to do.
tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 08:30:28 PM

It is not difficult to reason that out, 2017/2018 was the year of ponzi schemes by way of lending coins, chief among them was bitconnect
tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 08:33:38 PM

I'm wondering is that the projects when Bitcoin reaches the $ 20000 mark, and the altcoin market is at the highest price, ICO projects only achieve soft-cap, then the cryptocurrency is now reduced from 80 to 90 percent. How to keep the money back enough to maintain the team and product?
The market boom covered a lot of things, investors had less need to be very diligent in their research as even scam projects raked in profits,I personally believe ICOs are too expensive now
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:36:54 PM

It's not a lie,  you've said the fact,  most especially those lending ICOs that came out around December last year leading to pump of bitcoin and the entire market generally,  I think regulations needs to come in place
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:38:10 PM

Maybe some are scams but mostly the reason is the lack of funds. With these the ICO wouldn't make a foundation to their project also by adding competitors it could make it worse. With almost the same concept of project is one factors of competition. Some scams like bitconnect are only just a few on 80% percentage you've said that are already on its roadmap and then sudden shutdown because of the scam they've made. As a concern forum member please know the ICO you're trying to enter to prevent involving in these cases.
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:42:23 PM

It seems most of these ICOs are resurfacing again with a new name but the same concept and team anonymously behind it. Though most ICOs are scam but yet there are ICOs that are serious and team will make everything possible for it to succeed.

gela888gela

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:45:53 PM

Many projects built with new ideas show that more and more people are believing in crypto progress in the future. However, this is not offset by the benefits of the results generated, especially many fraudsters who take advantage of the situation. However, I'm sure of the many projects now, one in five projects is a legit project.
baureksa

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:48:00 PM

Indeed, many projects fail in developing their projects, even frauds that occur. Because it is rampant with anxiety, so they are clever to cheat, but if you are wise and smart, you will be able to choose a good quality ico and avoid fraud.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:49:19 PM

Already, there are services that mediate between bounty hunter and ICO. This service takes a deposit in ETH for the amount of the bounty pool.

We know most of this ICO are not worth it anytime but we don't know in the starting stage this is not worth but the experience that you had will always be helpful for choosing the best one for your future that's why many people says experience will very helpful for you to get better income I also agree with that point.
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:07:32 PM

I knew that a lot of scam projects, but 80% is an unexpectedness for me.
Unfortunately, this situation will have to do something in the future.
On the one hand, legislative regulation limits the freedom of the team and investors. On the other hand, "official" ICO's will be accountable to the law for their promises.
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:25:25 PM

This scam ICO is everywhere and I come across this scam related post almost everyday on the forum, I have actually thought at a time that scam ICO is one of the factors drowning crypto, so many have got ripped off their funds, majority of the ICOs are just to raise fund and disappear into the thin air.... To identify good ICO from fake ICOs is becoming hard because after researching and analysing, checking ICO rating websites some still turn out to be scam, it's looking like luck is needed to find some genuine ICO
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: