Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Wallet Keys and Passwords should be known to you and you alone. Yes! But...  (Read 2640 times)
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 01:27:47 AM

I have all my wallet keys and password saved in a USB stick with a couple of notes. If anything ever happens to me my family will eventually find it and use what I have in my cryptocurrency wallets. I trust my family more than anyone because no matter what happens they will still be my family.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 01:41:24 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2018, 05:50:14 AM by KrishaBitcoin

Yes! You need to protect your wallets against any possible theft or hacking. You must protect your private keys and wallet passwords. This is a must for everyone, else your coins will be stolen.

The frequent warnings of ensuring you protect your private keys from anyone seems to have eaten too deep into almost everyone of us in cryptocurrency. Some of us have forgotten certain realities of life and cryptocurrency wallets which I want to warn you about. My warning is mainly targeted at anyone who has a family, or at least, a child. You must leave a means or trace that your family will be able to access your wallets when you are gone. I mean when you are below 6ft. Each one of us will die some day. No one wants to hear this, but it is the absolute truth. If you suddenly die today with your secret keys and passwords unknown to your family, your coins are lost forever. Your crypto wallet is not a regular bank, so no way your family can claim your many crypto wealth online.
Don't be selfish. Your family or wife or children must not suffer when you have so much Bitcoin or other coins trapped in an inaccessible online wallets.

Remember your family and loved ones.

You have a very strong and uneasy decision to make today.

It is right that we should keep our keys, passwords and accounts to safety in which part of that precaution is to share them only to your trusted love ones which is your family or your wife and children to ensure that they could use them whem we are gone. I have already instructed my family on what they will do in case there is any untoward bad incidents that may happen to me.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
nikki4

Activity: 496
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:55:12 AM

That is really true that the wallet keys and passwords of our crypto wallet should be only know to ourselves because it is the only way to make our own money at safe. Well, in case of emergency and you wanted some to have access to it in case of something bad happen something like you die, you need to  give it to your wife, parents or to your most trusted person. No one is to be blame if you lost your crypto because you are the only one that is responsible for this.
easycoin995

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:09:46 PM

Trusting family member can also be a bad idea given that the family members can also backstab you. I am quite sure we have all witnessed such incidents in our life. So, it would be really better if we can actually include the pass in our will or keep it in a vault where it can be accessible only after our deaths.
JohnHendry

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:36:53 PM

The key of the wallets are the major thing because it will going to contain our crypto so , we should make a very unique key and write it save it and hide it from others.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:59:00 PM

I feel  your wallet keys is better know to you alone or your wife, that is if you can trust her, in order to avoid a waste or loss of your portfolio which has lots of value in the space, Most importantly let yourfamily get to know you are involve with cryptocurrency, if the unfortunate happen sure when they have access to your laptop they should be able to locate the keys base on instructions.
2408AAY

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:50:05 PM

Exactly. I agree with you. Your wallet keys should be known to you alone because you don't know who your enemy is. Just be careful of people you trust and keep your password and wallet safe from hackers and theft cases.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:49:38 PM

I feel  your wallet keys is better know to you alone or your wife, that is if you can trust her, in order to avoid a waste or loss of your portfolio which has lots of value in the space, Most importantly let yourfamily get to know you are involve with cryptocurrency, if the unfortunate happen sure when they have access to your laptop they should be able to locate the keys base on instructions.
Family is the most trusted one where they can keep even your secret because it is for their own security for the future. Private when lose can be access by hacker or maybe forgotten to access the account. If that happen all your work and effort can be wasted and turned your family to be nothing. Tell your wife first and on your siblings when they on right age to understand it.

KINGCHACHA1

Activity: 489

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 11:01:01 PM

It is the norm in blockchain world to keep the private key and password extremely secret for only your consumption. Let me share my little experience, last month I went to the hospital for what I see as a minor surgery but after the surgery it escalated to a very  serous issue and along the line I finish the money in my fiat account and the only money remaining were my digital asset and someone I trusted have to bring it out as fiat. In conclusion make sure someone you trust like family member have access to your private key and password.
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:23:31 PM

Of course yes why you need to trust others on your accounts we know some people that in terms of money they are greedy and we need to protect it and no one can knows. Private keys, password even your userid is for you alone. We know their is so many hackers today and greedy in money so that you should know how you protect your personal account.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:50:33 PM

At least backup passwords and Private Keys to people we trust. Because that will increase your confidence as a coin holder, if the worst possibility in life occurs.
RustyBits

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 05:25:54 PM

I located a very good article on this subject with some ideas of how to handle cryptos and mortality. This has some good tips that I intend to follow up on. The author even includes a sample letter that you can customize to your own situation and leave for your family members. It is definitely worth reading, even if you already have plans in place or you don't intend to take any action.

Visit GetPaid! for ways to earn money online - You won't Get Rich Quick... but you will GetPaid!
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:41:39 PM

Yes it's the fact that the codes and passwords have to be kept secure for any financial instrument. Basically, these details have to be stored upfront without having somebody knowledge on this aspect. I have seen many people asking for the same advice about hiding the details, I always suggested to share with your near and dear ones to avoid any exigenxy in the future.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
rabinot

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:31:19 PM

not the most positive article, but the author wrote the absolute truth this must not be forgotten!

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018
QualifiedDraft25

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:59:43 PM

Wallet is the most important thing and because it only open through password and if anyone get this they can open it so we need to make it secure and hide it always.
Tszone

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:17:37 PM

Keeping your wallet keys and passwords safe is a daunting task to be done because of hackers. I feel that those details should be made known only to a small circle of family members that can be sincerely trusted incase of any impromptu situation.
Mrconnect

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:20:39 PM

I think your advice is valid. Death is both inevitable and unpredictable. As much as you have to safeguard your wallets, thereis that one person in the world that you can trust. Maybe you can share your wallet passkey with them. Just incase any eventuality happens. That way someone will be able to lay claim to your cryptowealth. Good topic !
maksimukr1989

Activity: 511
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 08:20:03 PM

Yes You are right.But before you leave the passwords from their wallets to his family that they need to be instructed how these passwords to use and where to enter them)
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:32:20 PM

Id made a notebook where i can put all my passwords and private key into ot. So what ever happens to me my family will see it and used what ever i had into it.
TobMarshall

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:10:07 PM

Yes to you and only you. Against hackers and other unwelcome guests. One has to be very careful, your wallet is where your investment lies, lose it and know what it feels like. I know nobody hopes for death, but hoping that this currency goes for a long term it is necessary to keep all records of password in written form both for yourself against forgetting and in a case of worse moment to ensure your family help you in securing till.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: