Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Wallet Keys and Passwords should be known to you and you alone. Yes! But...  (Read 2643 times)
pro army

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:50:19 PM

I always save my wallet key  in safety place because it is the most important to all the crypto user.On the other hand we should teach our family member about wallet key and password. Grin Grin
Austino1

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:04:47 PM

It is meant to be known by the user cos is a private stuff,just like bank debit card's pin etc but there should always be backup ,because one can forget his keys but if there's a backup there will be no worries
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:22:49 PM

Yes, your wallet keys and passwords should be known to you alone but I believe in life there must be someone to trust. So i think aleast one of your family member should know for the future.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:20:35 PM

Thanks for your advice. I heard that cryptocurrencies, particularly bitcoin, of so many dead people are gone for ever. This can be quite painful, especially when the family members are suffering. The best thing to do is leave a way for your family to have access to your cryptocurrency. You have to do it right though.
Ike.daniel

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:11:50 PM

It is risky to have anyone know the private key to your wallet as it can make you lose all your coins. So, I will advise you keep it to yourself beyond the sight of anyone.
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 09:14:14 PM

Everyone should always have a trusted partner or ward you could give value information or access to your assets should you unfortunately be unable to reach them. cryptoassets are not like the bank where your wards or next-of-kin will be able to get your money should you pass way, your private keys should be in a vault that your relations can access just in case
Blackpanther399

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:45:29 PM

Of course, private key is very delicate as anyone that gets the control of the private key owns the coins in the wallet. This is why, private key should be owned by one person and it should be known to only one person to avoid theft
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:50:09 PM

The people I'm related to are all loaded so I don't really give a shit if they have access to it after I'm gone. They might suddenly develop a crack addiction and drain me if they had details of my wallets so I'll take me chances.

Before I'm gone, say around 75 if I make it, I'll distribute whatever I feel like distributing. Anything left will be blown completely solely by me. Saves all that arguing about wills shit.
Qeupe

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:26:02 PM

Yaa, you are right, sometimes I think about this because there are no eternal humans. Now I am young and have not thought far about death even though death can come at any time, but I will explain to my brothers about this and share whatever they want to know.
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:02:57 PM

It is a good thing to let your family members have a way of accessing your cryptocurrency wallet after you are no more. This is because it may remain unclaimed forever. This however must be carefully done because it can also lead to a huge loss if not done properly as some family members can take advantage of this.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:54:51 PM

This is truth, however i would prefer people leave some kind of will or instructions to follow for them. Otherwise they would just panic sell in the next crash after they got them which would lead to a total waste.

I  believe this is a really important aspect to consider. For example, you could tell them that if something happens to you the coins are theirs and you decide how many coins for each, also leaving a minimum year for them to sell - Let's say 2028 for example.

That would not allow them to panic sell and waste a lot money in vain, if they listen to you or a lawyer firm is involved.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:31:53 AM

Yes! You need to protect your wallets against any possible theft or hacking. You must protect your private keys and wallet passwords. This is a must for everyone, else your coins will be stolen.

The frequent warnings of ensuring you protect your private keys from anyone seems to have eaten too deep into almost everyone of us in cryptocurrency. Some of us have forgotten certain realities of life and cryptocurrency wallets which I want to warn you about. My warning is mainly targeted at anyone who has a family, or at least, a child. You must leave a means or trace that your family will be able to access your wallets when you are gone. I mean when you are below 6ft. Each one of us will die some day. No one wants to hear this, but it is the absolute truth. If you suddenly die today with your secret keys and passwords unknown to your family, your coins are lost forever. Your crypto wallet is not a regular bank, so no way your family can claim your many crypto wealth online.
Don't be selfish. Your family or wife or children must not suffer when you have so much Bitcoin or other coins trapped in an inaccessible online wallets.

Remember your family and loved ones.

You have a very strong and uneasy decision to make today.

A possibility is to give your lawyer a letter explaining how to get the money back without revealing the private keys, that way your lawyer cannot steal your money but you will leave your family and loved ones a way to get that bitcoin, it's not perfect but is the first thing that comes to my mind.
AfterHot542

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:10:12 PM

First of all we need to choose best wallets and also we need to make the pass word and privet key secure for our security and also always try to make it privet.
Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:28:50 PM

Yes! You need to protect your wallets against any possible theft or hacking. You must protect your private keys and wallet passwords. This is a must for everyone, else your coins will be stolen.

The frequent warnings of ensuring you protect your private keys from anyone seems to have eaten too deep into almost everyone of us in cryptocurrency. Some of us have forgotten certain realities of life and cryptocurrency wallets which I want to warn you about. My warning is mainly targeted at anyone who has a family, or at least, a child. You must leave a means or trace that your family will be able to access your wallets when you are gone. I mean when you are below 6ft. Each one of us will die some day. No one wants to hear this, but it is the absolute truth. If you suddenly die today with your secret keys and passwords unknown to your family, your coins are lost forever. Your crypto wallet is not a regular bank, so no way your family can claim your many crypto wealth online.
Don't be selfish. Your family or wife or children must not suffer when you have so much Bitcoin or other coins trapped in an inaccessible online wallets.

Remember your family and loved ones.

You have a very strong and uneasy decision to make today.

It is too common and of course you need to leave some letter about the info you have and not to tell them because if you tell them about this then of course they can get or way to view on how many money do you have.   The tendency was they rely on you, and this is not selfish because it is the way you prepare for future and causes by your hard work.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
Taronet-division

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:46:52 PM

I also think that what we have will not be brought later. but for now if I am no longer there in the near future it will not matter, because it is empty at this time. lmao
if I had enough coins to make the foundation, which accommodates abandoned children I would build it with people I believe have the same goal. that way I will give what is needed without exception
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:42:11 AM

The answer is yes and no!

Yes. Your private key and password should be known to only you....this is to prevent your wallet from being hacked.

No. You should also consider sharing your private key and password to a  trusted close relation ....so that in the event of unforseen circumstances, your digital assets could be recovered.
there are two answers yes and no. the answer is yes, your password and account must be the one who knows it to be safe from hackers. No answer, you should also be able to share your password and account with the person you really trust to continue while you are still busy.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 04:39:46 AM

it's true, I always record all the assets that I have, and lock them in a closet
where in the closet, only one of my family members told me, namely Mother
then you can make sure all my family members can also access my secret cabinet, because it's easy to reach and I hold the key always
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:59:08 AM

I have all my access files on my laptop but I still did not tell them about crypto. I will just assume that any of my family member is smart enough to know how to use my files so they can use my funds that I left for them.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:25:39 AM

Yes it should be know to you and you alone but not a secret to your loved ones because nobody knows what might happen tomorrow that one might not be able to talk and write something down, such person children or family will be able to access the wallet or thr exchanger for some token or coins to sell for some cash.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:28:26 AM

Usually, most people register a nominee (one of their most trusted family member) with banks and other institutions who gain access to funds after their death. In the crypto world, we can also do the same by trusting someone with our secret keys etc..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: