Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is here anyone holding large amounts in MyEthWallet.org?  (Read 583 times)
TRS-HARDWARE (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

I want to invest in good quantity. but it is very hard to rely on hardwallets. MyEthWallet seem good in terms of ease of availability. I need to know if it is enough safe to use MEW?
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:36:49 PM

MEW is an interface, technically speaking u're not storing ur tokens on the MEW site... e.g., u store ur data on some harddisk, microsoft windows is the interface via which u interact with ur info. having said that though, i wld recommend metamask at least (also another interface, but has better security, can interact with MEW too), if u have a sizeable am of eth or erc tokens. for highest form of security, go for hardware wallets. google them online.
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 281

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:39:00 PM

Myetherwallet holds nothing. It's just a window to your private key. Util and unless you keep your private key safe, your balances would be totally safe.
But you need to be continues about putting your private address anywhere. There are a lot of MEW clone that would steal your private key and hence your balance.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:41:00 PM

MEW is safe if you take precautions not to click on phishing links and/or by using metamask with MEW. It is a good wallet to use if you like to store lots of ETH tokens but I don't feel comfortable storing large amounts there.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
odessit1377

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:44:44 PM

I used this purse for a rather long time, but then I got stolen tokens from it, I switched to metamasк and exodus.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:44:28 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2018, 09:06:04 PM by Gabb

No, I must admit that the amounts of ethers that I have managed to accumulate are very small, at most I have only had a couple of them, but in case of accumulating at least 5 ETH, I would definitely look for better alternatives to store them, because I do not think MEW is as reliable as many think.
mmacool

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:08:30 PM

MEW is a great purse for use. But all you need to read is how to keep it safe. You must keep it on a separate computer, or on a hardware purse. These are the safest views on how much I know.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:36:11 AM

First, MEW is not MyEthWallet.org --- it is https://www.myetherwallet.com/ . If you will be confused with the URL and make even a 1 letter mistake, for sure you'll be a victim of Phishing in the future.

Second, what project do you plan to invest in? As long as it's an "ERC-20" Token(s) you can use MEW to create wallet and access it.

Third, being SAFE depends on you.
  • You'll be holding your Private Key / JSON file / UTC file which can be used to open your wallet - keep it in a safe place
  • You'll be the one to visit the MEW site - make sure you are in the correct URL before unlocking your wallet

If ever your files were exposed or you visited a Phishing site, expect that your funds will be stolen and it's your fault.

Helpful MEW blogs:
Getting Started on MyEtherWallet.com
Protecting Yourself and Your Funds
dangwapo311

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:41:39 AM

I don't stored huge amounts on mew but yes I have a couple of tokens that I have been holding that are just in my mew. They say that it is not safe to store your holdings in mew but I think that is all up to the user. I have been using mew for a while now and I haven't have any issues or hacks happened to me. Those reports of hacks and missing tokens are more on user error.
HerreraMJ

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:43:50 AM

Well, most of the coisn I receive on myetherwallet are from bounty campaigns and airdrops and most of them are sold after little time, so no, I don't hold large amount in wallets.

P H I L A N T H O R  ▾  Revolutionising the Philanthropy World  ▾  https://www.philanthor.com/
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:58:58 AM

I want to invest in good quantity. but it is very hard to rely on hardwallets. MyEthWallet seem good in terms of ease of availability. I need to know if it is enough safe to use MEW?
according to what I feel, wallet hardware is safer than Myetherwallet. but myetherwallet is also safe enough to store your assets, you can also use metamask to protect the security of your account.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:01:54 AM

Do you think the $ 2000 number is big, or is it still small?
I have saved that amount in a few weeks, before I finally withdraw from MEW. and nothing, everything is safe.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

You are not storing anything in MEW, no one is storing anything in MEW, this has been explained several times and it is mentioned on their website as well, you can use MEW if you like but take the time to understand very well what you are doing, in order to avoid a surprise in the future in which a hacker is able to steal your coins just because you were careless.
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:53:54 AM

why is it so hard to use a hardware wallet? they are extremely simple and easy to use
banks38

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:56:15 AM

You can hold large sums with the MEW interface.  It's perfectly safe as long as your careful and go to the correct site and such.  No need for fancy hard wallets. 
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:58:14 AM

all ethereum wallets can be opened on myetherwallet because that website only interfaces.
SPENz09

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:05:15 AM

I think you should be careful when saving your assets, many fraud sites will get your private key, I advise you to use Metamask when you want to make a transaction, it will keep your assets safe from phishing sites, you can visit phishing sites that are still active until now https://etherscamdb.info/scams
bkrobottc

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:46:39 AM

You have money but you can't buy a hard wallet  Grin?  In investment, preserving capital is the most important thing. Holding a large amount on MEW is not safe for you. You can hack all asset when you access in phishing site or something like this. Be careful. Let's get a hard wallet.
Lacoste

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

Lacoste

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

Safe or dangerous use is up to you.
Rather, you are the holder of your account and must know how to protect yourself.
Do not expose private keys, passwords, and keystore / json files.

quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:52:14 PM

i hold around 25 grands on my ethereum wallet. combination of token and ethereum. it is safer than any other wallet.
I advice to use hardwallet and secure your privatekey.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: