Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mexican pursuing Colombians...Are hatred and fear leading people??  (Read 195 times)
Helana (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 71

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:13:35 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (2)

DISCLAIMER: This thread has been originally made in the Fit to Talk project (https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php?topic=189.0) and received some good corrections before being posted in here. If you don' t know about this project, I encourage you to take a look at the link, this is meant to be a place in where we non-native-speakers are helped to develop better English skills and to create some good discussions. Thanks, @jackg for helping me with my poor English

Well, this is really difficult for me to write in English about such a difficult topic, but I will try my best.

Recently, we have seen how the Colombians are being persecuted by Mexicans. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, a man was killed in a town called "Tetela del Volcán" just for being Colombian. But why are Mexicans taking this attitude? What's behind such massive hate?
Well, on the basis that there is no justification for irrational hatred, the "justification" they claimed to be the base for such an atrocity was the "invasion" of the Colombian mafia in the State of Morelos. Yes, there is an "invasion", and the mafias and cartels are fighting for respect. But how does it affect the common people? How in the world can it be possible to kill someone just because of his race?
Let's take a look at the present state of things:
- Colombian mafias are lenders: they give loans to people and then they ask for the money in a bad way, threatening people, even killing some.
- Mexican mafias do more or less the same.

- Colombian mafias are also drug dealers, mostly cocaine.
- Mexican mafias and cartels used to be the ones selling cocaine here.

So, why do the Mexican common people not attack their fellow Mexicans? Why only Colombians, if they are both harming the people?
Because of the government. Yes. The government is the Mexican mafia. So, the police officers - corrupted as hell - have been told to stop any Colombian they see, and the news are spreading a large amount of news -fake or not- related on how the Colombians are the enemy. So the people think Colombians are their enemies, but they don't realize that actually they are being influenced by their own government and that this government is making people find another place to fight their "enemies".

Now, I have some good Colombian friends here, they are very scared, even their neighbours talk about them as if they were selling drugs or doing any imaginable illegal action. They are being persecuted by the police every time they got into their cars whenever they to go to work. It is sadly usual for them to be attacked by the police officers, to be punched, to be private of their freedom just for being Colombians. And they are such nice and beautiful people. They have been told that they need to "pay a quote" for the police to protect them if not, they can "disappear".

Yes, that is nasty as hell. Yes, it reminds me of a place in central Europe, maybe in the first half of the 20th century, in which a man with an ugly moustache was running things. But also, makes me wonder: what's going on with humankind? What is in the heart of the people willing to kill others just by fear? Where is justice? How it is possible to kill someone -even being recorded- and to get away with it just because of the ethnicity of the people that they don't know?

Haven't we evolved even a bit since WWII??
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 11:15:44 AM

It seems there are a lot of problems in that part of the Americas. The Venezuelans escaping from their country, and moving into Columbia can't help matters.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:06:23 PM

Not sure I understood you 100% but are you sure this is a race thing and not just a turf war between rival cartels or gangs? Mexican cartel members will kill anyone who is in direct competition with them regardless of race. I'm sure the bigger killers of Mexicans in Mexico are just other Mexican gang members but they will treat rival Colombian cartels just the same. It's an absolute bloodbath in some of the cartel run parts as they're all vying for business and turf and it's even spilling into some of the once popular tourist destinations there which isn't going to be great for their economy.

Regardless of that, racism and xenophobia are as old as mankind and it is never just a black and white thing (both literally and figuratively). Some people just fear strangers or outsiders, but xenophobia does actually have some basis in evolutionary biology and long ago there were evolutionary benefits to distrust strangers or those 'different' from you just like wild animals distrust other wild animals even of the same species. There's really no way to know whether a stranger is a fend or foe initially but being naive and trusting of strangers was a quick way to get yourself beaten, robbed, killed, or if you're an animal; eaten. Obviously we've moved on from the cavemen and wild west days but some people sadly still have a caveman mentality. With that being said, most people still won't just let a random stranger into their house and some people will go even further and just distrust certain people because of their race.

I think that the root of racism these days though is just misplaced anger and hatred. You will usually find that the vast majority of racists are uneducated lower/working classes and are angry about their shitty life and they need somebody to blame but deep down they hate themselves the most. They're sadly too stupid to look in the mirror and see that the only person they need to blame for their shitty lives is themselves but it's easier to blame others and immigrants or someone of a different race are a very easy target for them. They often believe in the propaganda that is spread due to ignorance like immigrants are all criminals, and are raping women and come over and 'tuk their jerbs' and so forth. This sort or rhetoric really is poison and it essentially got a president elected.

Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:24:10 PM

For all the technological achievements and scientific breakthroughs we have had, i do actually wonder if we have evolved since world war 2 as a species.

I hear what you are saying about Mexicans and Colombians, but this is happening all over the world too. I'm from the UK and i'd say we are very liberal here (mostly) and certainly diverse with many people from all cultures and creeds living in harmony. However, since Europe have been in the Schengen agreement, where you can move freely throughout Europe without a passport, i think things have drastically went downhill. We have all the trouble going on in Syria and the Middle East, Islamic State massacring innocent folk, the mass migration of refugees and other people who have jumped on this 'bandwagon' who are simply economic migrants. There is trouble all over the place, hatred is brewing and a lot of it is being swept under the carpet by the Mainstream Media. We have an epidemic of drugs on our streets, which causes gang related violence and death. This creates more hatred and i fear we are spiralling out of control as there is a shortage of police and public services to deal with this.

Social media plays a big part in creating hatred too. You have people on the far left and people on the far right with huge amounts of support for either side- more hatred!

Its being bred everywhere and i think a lot of it is a clash of cultures/beliefs/education. As guybrushthreepwood said in his post, a lot of hatred and violence is to do with a lack of education, or it has been bred into them from a young age from people with twisted and bitter ideology. I don't think there's an easy fix for it either....unfortunately! I fear for my 2 young sons growing up in this world i really do.
deerlion

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:35:00 PM

If they just made all drugs legal most of this violence would stop.  Its ridiculous that governments can tell people what they do to themselves, its a victimless crime.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 08:06:07 PM

Not sure I understood you 100% but are you sure this is a race thing and not just a turf war between rival cartels or gangs? Mexican cartel members will kill anyone who is in direct competition with them regardless of race. I'm sure the bigger killers of Mexicans in Mexico are just other Mexican gang members but they will treat rival Colombian cartels just the same. It's an absolute bloodbath in some of the cartel run parts as they're all vying for business and turf and it's even spilling into some of the once popular tourist destinations there which isn't going to be great for their economy.

Regardless of that, racism and xenophobia are as old as mankind and it is never just a black and white thing (both literally and figuratively). Some people just fear strangers or outsiders, but xenophobia does actually have some basis in evolutionary biology and long ago there were evolutionary benefits to distrust strangers or those 'different' from you just like wild animals distrust other wild animals even of the same species. There's really no way to know whether a stranger is a fend or foe initially but being naive and trusting of strangers was a quick way to get yourself beaten, robbed, killed, or if you're an animal; eaten. Obviously we've moved on from the cavemen and wild west days but some people sadly still have a caveman mentality. With that being said, most people still won't just let a random stranger into their house and some people will go even further and just distrust certain people because of their race.

I think that the root of racism these days though is just misplaced anger and hatred. You will usually find that the vast majority of racists are uneducated lower/working classes and are angry about their shitty life and they need somebody to blame but deep down they hate themselves the most. They're sadly too stupid to look in the mirror and see that the only person they need to blame for their shitty lives is themselves but it's easier to blame others and immigrants or someone of a different race are a very easy target for them. They often believe in the propaganda that is spread due to ignorance like immigrants are all criminals, and are raping women and come over and 'tuk their jerbs' and so forth. This sort or rhetoric really is poison and it essentially got a president elected.

smart americans arent afraid if mexicans want their jobs.

the smart americans create jobs so they can take infinte mexican immigrants.

americans want the wall to prevent the usa becoming like mexico.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 02:37:06 PM

If they just made all drugs legal most of this violence would stop.  Its ridiculous that governments can tell people what they do to themselves, its a victimless crime.

If they made them legal, then their mass appeal would drop. Drugs create apathy in the population, and that is what the governments need to push their slavery agenda.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Helana (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 71

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:49:09 PM
Merited by guybrushthreepwood (1)

Yep, what I was trying to explain is that the public opinion influenced obviously by the media is that the Colombians are the enemies. Of course, this is a built speech, which the only goal is just to move the people' s attention, hate and fear to the other side, instead of actually seeing that all this violence is directly provoked by the Mexican government. The "common people" is actually killing Colombians just for being Colombians, for they are so influenced that they deposit all the fear and the hate they have into another nationality now.

I couldn' t have explained that better. That' s what is going on: a propaganda focused on how the Colombians are "ruining" a country already ruined by their own people.

Social media plays a big part in creating hatred too. You have people on the far left and people on the far right with huge amounts of support for either side- more hatred!

Its being bred everywhere and i think a lot of it is a clash of cultures/beliefs/education. As guybrushthreepwood said in his post, a lot of hatred and violence is to do with a lack of education, or it has been bred into them from a young age from people with twisted and bitter ideology. I don't think there's an easy fix for it either....unfortunately! I fear for my 2 young sons growing up in this world i really do.

Yes, and also by a corrupted government. To me, the darkest side of this case is the fact that is actually the common people being controlled by the state's propaganda. Of course, they got away with the colombian' s assasination, so the underliner message is just that: you can actually kill a Colombian. This is a really dangerous state of things, I'm afraid. And, yes, I agree with that being a kind of global epydemic.
What is truly scary is the people being so naive to believe anything in the TV. And, also, all the hate they have inside them to be able to punch a guy to death just because he' s from another part of the continent.

Of course not. There is not a magic solution to educate the people to not kill others. Besides, this case is not even about drugs only, but about money, influence and racial hate. This is beyond the drugs and cartels issue, it just shows what the people have actually inside their minds: the will to kill, regardeless if the victim deserves it or not, the justice corrupted system, in wich the word "justice" sounds like a bad joke, and all the national speeches ruining outsiders lifes, while murdering their own people.
How the propaganda can reach a buch of brutes, and how they can act without consecuences, without giving a second though to what they are doing... this is the big WTF here, not the drug mexican issues.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: