Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CH caught lying about SC 2.0 hashrates  (Read 3298 times)
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 09:44:04 PM

@Spacy,

Why don't you just go ahead and login as Coinhunter? Nobody's fooled anymore, you look even more ignorant than you are. Grin Grin Grin

Coinhunter's CPU only chain was nothing more than a bait and switch scam to get people interested and then introduce GPU mining as a method to poach Bitcoin miners. Covered more here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49474.msg589109#msg589109

There is no way to actually tell what the true hash rate is until he releases the source code.

He said his beta 2.0was accurate, then broke, then fixed in SC 2.0, then wrong, then fixed.....

No way to take anything serious or no what is what until people can what's inside the code.

So wasn't he supposed to release the source a few days ago?   Got to say I'm super shocked that didn't happen Smiley    

He obviously needs time to alter it to make it look like all this was intended from the start. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 09:53:21 PM

These threads really are comedy gold. Thanks BTCEX, without you nobody would even be talking about SolidCoin!

Thanks also for mentioning the new GPU mining feature of Solidcoin 2. Yes, we do expect to soak up some of the GPU power leaving Bitcoin in its droves. All are welcome to come and mine SolidCoins, even you Cheesy

You do raise a somewhat valid point though and a non-troll such as myself should take the time to explain the story so far in terms of the mining hashrate displayed in the client:

The SolidCoin 2.00 public beta showed a hashrate in the client, but Coinotron was showing a much lower rate in his stats. The "arrogant" Realsolid assumed that he was wrong and "corrected" the hash rate for 2.00 to more closely match what Coinotron was showing.

When mtrlt developed Reaper - the new SolidCoin GPU miner - using the now infamous SOURCE CODE given to him by Realsolid, OMG! Shocked - he had to create his own hashrate calc based on the SolidCoin source, which came out much higher than the rate shown in the official 2.00 client.

Realsolid knew they should be much closer, as he had designed his algo to be roughly equally effective on GPU and CPU, so he went back and examined 2.00 again in much closer detail. He found that the hashrate displayed was actually correct in the public beta, so changed it back for 2.01.

The issue is now corrected, you never lost any hashrate with your CPU mining, you have always been hashing at the higher rate.

So now you know.

Confusing, unfortunate and unnecessary, sure. But hey, nobody's perfect, not even our dear leader.
So I guess this was some long in-depth discussion you had with CH when he explained all this in detail to you.
Coz otherwise I'd take that as written by CH himself or someone who knows closely what he thinks and does?
The way you know what he knew and how he felt ... and ... and ... the acolyte has had divine inspiration bestowed upon him Smiley

Anyway, um, hashrate ... yeah that can be a difficult one to work out ... count the number of times it did something ... in threaded CPU code ... not even having to understand something with a bit more complexity like OpenCL threading ...

Though for anyone with CH's extreme abilities to code without any peer input required and produce perfect code (at something like $300,000 a year in Melbourne - gotta wonder what that job is) - counting should be pretty simple right ... ?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
simonk83

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 02:51:33 AM

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy Smiley  Well done BTCE.

You should upload all the contents somewhere for people to have a pick through.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 03:00:58 AM

These threads really are comedy gold.
Wait, what did you just say?
simonk83

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 03:19:58 AM

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy Smiley  Well done BTCE.

I did, several days ago

https://rapidshare.com/files/4174919259/rminer.zip

@Ten98
Did you verify that was a real path on his drive?

Do you really expect them to confirm it? Wink
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:14:21 AM

I did, several days ago

@Ten98

Yeah, you noticed we haven't heard a peep from him since.

Yes that is/was a real path on mtrlt's PC but you didn't download anything from it. It was just a path accidentally left in the initial build of reaper.

If you really did have the encrypted source code or any of the other bullshit why would you not post it on RapidShare as well for all to see?

You can tell your imaginary "guys" working on decrypting the imaginary source code you don't have to stand down, as we are expecting the full source very soon.

Any more lies you'd like to try on everyone?
johnj (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 01:54:22 PM

I did, several days ago

@Ten98

Yeah, you noticed we haven't heard a peep from him since.

Yes that is/was a real path on mtrlt's PC but you didn't download anything from it. It was just a path accidentally left in the initial build of reaper.

If you really did have the encrypted source code or any of the other bullshit why would you not post it on RapidShare as well for all to see?

You can tell your imaginary "guys" working on decrypting the imaginary source code you don't have to stand down, as we are expecting the full source very soon.

Any more lies you'd like to try on everyone?

Very intersting that you know so much about how/why CH fucked up designed SC 2.0's hashing things, and if this dude has certain paths on his computer...

Just sayin  Cool

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 02:27:52 PM

I think CH is having sock pupper overload.  Can't keep the sock puppet personalities straight.  The sock puppets know things they shouldn't be able to know.  They all need to drop references to how great of a programmer CH is.  What's next every socket puppet telling us they know CH is an amazing lover?

I'm starting to think that CoinHunter is actually Kim Jong Il, and whoever started the Glorious Leader joke is also one of his sockpuppets...
Ten98

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 04:18:42 PM

Very intersting that you know so much about how/why CH fucked up designed SC 2.0's hashing things, and if this dude has certain paths on his computer...

Just sayin  Cool

It's not really that interesting. I talk to RS and mtrlt on IRC and they openly discuss this stuff. So erm, yeah.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 04:25:52 PM

Just sayin  Cool

It's not really that interesting. I talk to RS and mtrlt on IRC and they openly discuss this stuff. So erm, yeah.

Wait you talk to yourself?  You might want to consult professional help for that.
MSAvenger

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 04:35:54 PM

[Wait you talk to yourself?  You might want to consult professional help for that.
Yeah, he has also learnt the ability of bilocation - he is in UK and Australia in the same time.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 07:08:23 PM

[Wait you talk to yourself?  You might want to consult professional help for that.
Yeah, he has also learnt the ability of bilocation - he is in UK and Australia in the same time.

VPN

Bitcoin is the future !
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 03:21:27 AM

I find it interesting that Ten98 can comment on the inner thoughts, whims and desires of Coinhunter on the fly as well as know exactly the detailed path on someone Else's hard drive.

Cheetah, I'll give you a cookie if you guess my winblowz username and how many partitions I have.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 03:41:56 AM

Thank GOD! You said(and posted a screenshot) the same sometime ago, yet you keep responding to me...

I guess you lie in everything, even on the users you (pretend to)ignore...
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 04:07:44 AM

Thank GOD! You said(and posted a screenshot) the same sometime ago, yet you keep responding to me...

So ... you've never used ignore? You don't know how it works Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 04:20:13 AM

So ... you've never used ignore? You don't know how it works Tongue

Oh, that's how you use ignore? You say you are ignoring but then you press the uningnore link because you get itchy on your ass for not knowing what the ignored person is saying? Why press it then? Or why say you press the ignore link if you can't keep yourself from unignoring the person? only to make a fool of yourself? FFS, STFU...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: