Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Discussion]What You Think Abaout "imode" For Bitcointalk  (Read 264 times)
my dream2021 (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 61

︻┳デ═—

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:02:41 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 07:23:03 AM by my dream2021

Are you type of person who is some times annoyed when you see too much decoration on a thread? like bold, italicized, image, avatar, signature, etc like that.
Just add code after (ending part) link of topic
Code:
;imode
And results will be like this

From topic sir John (John K.) I use code
Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0;imode

So what you think about [;imode] for Bitcointalk whether you want to use it or something else, lets Discussion Smiley

Edit:
Correction: Should be "after (ending part)" instead.

"BTC Bitcoin is a man-made, open-source technology – not a gift handed down from the heavens"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 10:18:17 PM
Merited by TheBeardedBaby (1)

Not many people would use it, a lot info maybe invisible in that mode. I think pictures can't be viewed in that mode. But doesn't hurt to use it, when required. There's another mode called wap. That's much better, it has no colors:

Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0;wap

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:29:50 AM

Looks like these mode were used at that time when data packs were costly and speed is slow. It might help to page load faster and save precious data if you are here to read only. I am not sure if these read only mode have any practical benefit now because even mobile device are getting unlimited data  (or very large Data pack).
Anyway interesting to know them.

Edit: Forget to add that, Meta is not the point of discussion for it. may be Off topic.

I am alive
Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:45:39 AM

I saw "imode" when i used java mobile on 2012-13.Actuall, i wasn't aware that this called "imode".You will see this when you are using uc mini like low configuration web browser.I really didn't like this because it has no great featurs like actual bitcointalk.Also using the " imode" is tough IMO.               
demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:04:10 AM

That's perfect for viewing this site on mobile or when you have a slow internet connection, faster loading of pages but its quite boring and lacks something. This reminds me of those Wapsites that I've been visiting on early 2000's.

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 09:37:18 AM

Just add code behind link of topic
Code:
;imode
Correction: Should be "after (ending part)" instead.

So what you think about [;imode] for Bitcointalk whether you want to use it or something else, lets Discussion Smiley
It's a mode that I always avoid (whenever google gives me such links, I immediately change them into "normal mode").

There's another mode called wap. That's much better, it has no colors:

Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0;wap
It lacks few other functions compared to "imode". "Wap 2" is a bit better (has similar functions to "imode" + different colors for each reply [easily distinguishable]):
Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0;wap2

Edit: Forget to add that, Meta is not the point of discussion for it. may be Off topic.
Since it's about how users view this forum, it belongs to "meta":
Meta
Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:22:14 PM

I don't see any reasons to use this mode. With this mode I feel like visiting website which was made almost 20 years ago Cheesy. It's not convenient to use forum without images, styling and similar features - it's difficult to navigate, identify who posted and without images you may miss some important content.
WAP version is great for old Nokia phones or for users who have very limited internet plans on their phones.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:23:42 PM

I guess its good for users that are on data or have internet caps. Personally though, I would still prefer to use the default forums layout even when I have data restrictions. I'm quite regularly traveling about the place, but have yet to use it.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:26:41 PM

Wait, What? Really? With the progress of technology and design right now, and other example of forums out there, I feel like our bitcointalk is already an old thing to see, yet you OP, want to use imode in here. I salute you bro.

Back to the discussion. For me, i would not use that mode anymore, even though i got a slow connection. Picture, bolded word, italized word, avatar, and even signature is an imortant information you can get from someone. So i dont want to miss a thing.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:41:07 PM

Hey OP, I think it's not needed ;imode or ;wap2  but the reponsive forum. I am waiting to see responsive web design to be added in new forum update and need some rest for my two thumbs Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: