Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Virtual Reality Change the Future of Gaming?  (Read 1269 times)
IndigoRed (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:58:44 AM

Virtual reality gaming seems to be trending now with the increasing number of games with better graphics and storylines being developed. Prices for the gear however, like the Oculus Rift, could be steep. A great way to dabble with VR is with your iPhone. All you need is a Google Cardboard Headset to experience the immersive, engaging and thrilling adventures, the likes of which you’ve never experienced before on flat screens. Here are sample games:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-iphone-vr-games?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

Have any of you tried these games? Do You think VR gaming is the future?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rohitkaira

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:52:03 AM

I have seen many of those VR headset on display or for trail but dont know if anyone really using VR for gaming, other thing is to use VR technology you might need very powerful systems because the amount of data processing required for VR games will be very high, i think its very difficult at present given the costs and infrastructure required for VR games.

I think in future it can be realty depending on how quick we improve infrastructure for VR games and also how quick the cost for playing or buying VR games comes down or become affordable for majority of gamers.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:57:24 AM

I have seen many of those VR headset on display or for trail but dont know if anyone really using VR for gaming, other thing is to use VR technology you might need very powerful systems because the amount of data processing required for VR games will be very high, i think its very difficult at present given the costs and infrastructure required for VR games.

I think in future it can be realty depending on how quick we improve infrastructure for VR games and also how quick the cost for playing or buying VR games comes down or become affordable for majority of gamers.

I agree. The technology is awesome, but so far, it's too expensive for it to become fully adopted. But I do believe it does elevate the gaming experience. I've tried a couple of games using the Oculus Rift and with its immersive quality, you actually feel like you're in the game. So with the right equipment and pricing, I am convinced gaming will be revolutionized.

VR really, has a lot of potential. Not just in gaming, but various industries like education and medicine. It's one technology to watch.
Diyannice

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:45:29 AM

It will definitely and it will change everything how players interact with each other during the game and Virtual reality can improve the gaming industry to a whole new level
kalinina

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:53:32 AM

It looked promising but the adoption is really slow in my opinion. Let us see how it unfolds in coming years.
IndigoRed (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:11:51 AM

Oh.. VR in gaming is gaining so much popularity now. In fact, there are quite a number of brands that have released its own headset now. Examples are Oculus (owned by Facebook), HTC, Lenovo and Samsung -just to name a few. But I agree. VR hardware is quite expensive right now and is keeping the technology from its projected mass adoption. But I'm quite confident it will get there, especially since VR is now also being explored in schools and hospitals.
You should try VR if you can. Doesn't the possibility of being immersed in different virtual worlds, fascinate you?
Sexteh

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:44:55 AM

Virtual reality gaming seems to be trending now with the increasing number of games with better graphics and storylines being developed. Prices for the gear however, like the Oculus Rift, could be steep. A great way to dabble with VR is with your iPhone. All you need is a Google Cardboard Headset to experience the immersive, engaging and thrilling adventures, the likes of which you’ve never experienced before on flat screens. Here are sample games:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-iphone-vr-games?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

Yes, Virtual Reality is the future of gaming, but as of now, it's too expensive and requires a powerful system to run games smoothly and not all people can afford it, so maybe in the future, it will be fully adopt to all people.
RavenousKatana

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:08:17 AM

The entrance of virtual reality itself is the start of new generation for gaming.
Sienna Brow

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:28:18 AM

I didn't tried but I think we should come to somewhat I saw in a SAO - Sword Art Online (it's an Anime).
If VR would be able to give such level of gameplay - that would be the future of gaming.
goldSkylark

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:51:34 AM

It looked promising but the adoption is really slow in my opinion. Let us see how it unfolds in coming years.

I agree! Adoption really is slow. It's quite surprising actually. Do you think it's because of the expensive hardware? The technology is proving to have so much potential and use (not just in gaming). I don't know why VR hasn't gone mainstream yet. Perhaps we need some awesome app/content/experience that would totally appeal to everyone. Remember the Pokemon Go phenomenon? Maybe VR needs something like that. What do you think?
Elporkours

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

Simulation will be so much better as seen on the movies, VR right now is lackluster and boring.
icostairs

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:57:56 AM

I didn't try these games but I do think VR will change the future of gaming, but it's not there yet. At it's current state, it's not really easy to play VR games, but as the technology develops, I think VR will take control over the gaming industry
malikacakep

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:47:38 AM

of course Virtual reality gaming will change the future of gaming and will be more interactive and interesting
vabalkazh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:40:23 AM

Im pretty sure it will. I have played VR-games a bit and it really feels like a different kind of experience. Definetely see it as a big part of gaming industry in the future.
IndigoRed (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:53:53 AM

Im pretty sure it will. I have played VR-games a bit and it really feels like a different kind of experience. Definetely see it as a big part of gaming industry in the future.

Exactly! Once you try VR, you probably won’t go back to playing games on flat screens. It’s the immersive quality that makes it unique and memorable. How can you resist playing a space exploration game such Lone Echo in zero gravity? Smiley
ajrulkenz

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:59:35 AM

virtual reality is a breakthrough in the gaming world and this will become more interesting and good
goldSkylark

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:52:53 AM

virtual reality is a breakthrough in the gaming world and this will become more interesting and good

I agree! No other gaming platform can provide immersive experiences like virtual reality can. In VR, you don't just play the game. You're actually in the game.
StakanchikiMarojni

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:30:53 AM

in my opinion it defenetly will Change the Future of Gaming
RusetsGaedo

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:26:32 AM

I've never tried VR games but I wank to try it. I think VR gaming is future, because with it gamer is a part of the game which he/she is playing. I think it's more interesting.
Jboikoin

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:12:47 AM

V.R you say...Well for me , it will definitely change the world  and future of gaming. How crazy it is for a gaming to look real..Technology advancement is crazy sometimes.Sometimes you play a game online and you feel like you would want to part of the game scenes or characters. This is absolutely perfect for that . Sitting and playing game without you feeling anything like you are part of the characters is becoming boring these days. So i think V.R would truely and definitely change things in the future
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: