Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:53:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin hit a trillion dollar marketcap in the future?  (Read 1263 times)
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:43:58 PM

Bitcoin has been on a constant decline in value ever since 2018 started. Most say it has been a result of government regulations, others say that whales are manipulating the market, and some say that it's the result of FUD within the cryptocurrency markets. However, given that Bitcoin was designed to be scarce or limited in supply, it could become much more valuable in the future.

Nevertheless, do you think Bitcoin will hit a trillion-dollar marketcap in the future? How far do you think this is from becoming a reality? I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smiley
While a market cap of 1 trillion seems to be very high the truth is that the price of bitcoin would have to be something close to 60000 which is not really unrealistic if you ask me, the only thing that you need to ask yourself is when you are expecting that? If you are willing to wait up to a decade to see that market cap then I will say that the chances of seeing it are very good.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:51:22 AM

I seriously believe that bitcoin is going to hit 1 trillion dollars one day in market capitalization.  I also believe that we are still at the early stages of cryptocurrencies development. If we keep moving the ways it has been we are going to hit trillions in around 5 to 8years to come.  I know many people that have said good things about cryptocurrencies and those things are going to come to pass one of this days.

Yes. There's a positive outcome in cryptocurrencies and the whole blockchain ecosystem, as they improve over time. Bitcoin has been the one project that's been the most successful and actively developed today, which means that in the future, it'll become stronger in its technical aspects and user adoption. As such, the next step for Bitcoin to rise in usage and adoption, would be to implement a scalable solution for the masses. This will be achieved with the Lightning Network, as Bitcoin heads to new ATHs.

Nonetheless, for Bitcoin to reach a Trillion-dollar market cap, it would take a couple of years from now. Unless, there's a huge bull market like last year, then the time for Bitcoin to reach such goal would be less. Without a doubt, Bitcoin will reach that goal and beyond as it makes many early adopters millionaires. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:02:34 AM

Bitcoin has been on a constant decline in value ever since 2018 started. Most say it has been a result of government regulations, others say that whales are manipulating the market, and some say that it's the result of FUD within the cryptocurrency markets. However, given that Bitcoin was designed to be scarce or limited in supply, it could become much more valuable in the future.

Nevertheless, do you think Bitcoin will hit a trillion-dollar marketcap in the future? How far do you think this is from becoming a reality? I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smiley
While a market cap of 1 trillion seems to be very high the truth is that the price of bitcoin would have to be something close to 60000 which is not really unrealistic if you ask me, the only thing that you need to ask yourself is when you are expecting that? If you are willing to wait up to a decade to see that market cap then I will say that the chances of seeing it are very good.

Either bitcoin hits a trillion dollar market cap in the next 3 years or it never will. You don't understand it if you think it has a decade to do that.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:16:27 PM

Bitcoin may stay at the same price around $6k and $7k and not move any cent out of those levels for the next 20 years and still become very big in 5 years without moving during that 5 years. There is no rush and there is no need for bitcoin to go up or go down and do anything. Why would it "have to" move in 3 years or it will cease to exists ? It makes no sense.

Obviously, if you see bitcoin as something that would make you more fiat than you get in, than of course you won't be happy about a currency that stays the same for years however not everyone uses bitcoin for the same reason. There are a lot more reasons people use bitcoin aside from "put fiat in, get btc, pull more fiat out".
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

Nonetheless, for Bitcoin to reach a Trillion-dollar market cap, it would take a couple of years from now. Unless, there's a huge bull market like last year, then the time for Bitcoin to reach such goal would be less. Without a doubt, Bitcoin will reach that goal and beyond as it makes many early adopters millionaires. Just my thoughts Grin

I'm not so sure if it's a fantastic achievement to actually become a fiat millionaire with how it keeps losing value. If I at some point want to secure some of the value that I hold in Bitcoin, I will try to buy land or as many properties as I can, and all will be paid for in Bitcoin. I ain't going back to fiat. Selling Bitcoin for fiat is like selling Gold for Copper. Who does that?

The more adoption Bitcoin goes through, and thus the more acceptance there is worldwide, the less incentive there is for people to sell Bitcoin for fiat. People will spend it, and that's how money should be used, because Bitcoin is money at the end of the day.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:10:25 PM

Either bitcoin hits a trillion dollar market cap in the next 3 years or it never will. You don't understand it if you think it has a decade to do that.
Why the hurry? Why do you think that bitcoin has such a short time frame to reach that price? Do you think there is going to be a restriction all over the world against bitcoin or something? And even if that is the case what makes you think its price is going to change anything, I would like to hear your answer to that because a decade to me seems like a reasonable range.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:02:57 PM

I believe the whole BTC market will hit the trillion dollar cap in the future. There are big purchases under the radar which is being done by big players and institutional investors to avoid sudden parabolic rise of BTC price. Those over the counter buyers are just waiting for the right moment before making the big move which will surprise everyone.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:18:19 PM

I'm not so sure if it's a fantastic achievement to actually become a fiat millionaire with how it keeps losing value. If I at some point want to secure some of the value that I hold in Bitcoin, I will try to buy land or as many properties as I can, and all will be paid for in Bitcoin. I ain't going back to fiat. Selling Bitcoin for fiat is like selling Gold for Copper. Who does that?

The more adoption Bitcoin goes through, and thus the more acceptance there is worldwide, the less incentive there is for people to sell Bitcoin for fiat. People will spend it, and that's how money should be used, because Bitcoin is money at the end of the day.

That's certainly true, mate. While Bitcoin is money for our day-to-day needs, it's also an investment just like Gold. Many consider the pioneer cryptocurrency as a store of value, simply because it has characteristics which resembles Gold. At some point, Bitcoin needs to be spent just like Cash, because if most people hoard it, then it wouldn't be of benefit to the crypto economy. When there's a lot of interest in acquiring Bitcoin, we see prices rise like skyrocket within a short amount of time. However, that's not the case nowadays as people seem to be more interested in spending and holding their Bitcoins without buying more in the process.

Eventually, Bitcoin would reach over a Trillion-Dollar market cap as institutional investors come into the crypto space. However, in the meantime, it's best to buy Bitcoin while its cheaper, since there's a high probability that it would go past its latest ATH any time soon. Behind the scenes, developers are working their way through making Bitcoin as scalable as possible for the masses. Even with the current downtrend in the whole cryptocurrency market, the blockchain industry has been improving every step of the way.

Therefore, Bitcoin will hit a Trillion-Dollar market cap in the future. But it is just a matter of time when it will happen whenever it'll be next year, or a couple of years from now. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
thecodebear

Activity: 2142
Merit: 824

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:36:50 PM

Roughly speaking, it will probably pass a trillion in mid-2020, then pass 2 trillion in late 2020. Then drop back below a trillion by early 2021. And in 2022 we'll see stable support above 1 trillion form and a permanent marketcap in the trillions from there on out.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:02:56 AM

For a one million trillion cap market, there needs to be a lot of investors investing in bitcoins. Also institutional money should move into crypto market. US stock exchange and other big exchanges should take crypto with them and that will be the time when we will see a one trillion dollar market cap.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:04:54 AM

When Zimbabwe can have a trillion usd note then why not bitcoin reach a trillion market cap? I have no doubt in bitcoin reaching this price in 5 or 50 years. 
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

Large institutions have not entered the markets yet so the market cap is based on individual holders. When bigger whales join in and compete with one another you can guarantee a trillion dollar market cap

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:26:04 PM

When Zimbabwe can have a trillion usd note then why not bitcoin reach a trillion market cap? I have no doubt in bitcoin reaching this price in 5 or 50 years. 
Zimbabwe does not have a trillion USD note, Zimbabwe has a trillion dollar Zimbabwean dollar note, as they are totally two different things and that was because of how bad their economy has been which to me has even gone down the drain.

Also, a trillion dollar note is totally a different ball game when we are talking about a trillion dollar market cap. In this case, we are talking about new money hitting the space and seeing the value of bitcoin grow in abundance of at least x10 from the present market cap which is something that I believe is achievable actually.
cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 602

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:30:10 PM

A few more years is all it needs and adoption of blockchain products will make it happen. Its going to be a giant market like FOREX market. Blockchain companies cold even be listed on NASDAQ if all these adoption happen. Its going to be big and no one is stopping this technology because even today the banks are starting to develop their own.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:08:34 PM

Zimbabwe does not have a trillion USD note, Zimbabwe has a trillion dollar Zimbabwean dollar note, as they are totally two different things and that was because of how bad their economy has been which to me has even gone down the drain.

Also, a trillion dollar note is totally a different ball game when we are talking about a trillion dollar market cap. In this case, we are talking about new money hitting the space and seeing the value of bitcoin grow in abundance of at least x10 from the present market cap which is something that I believe is achievable actually.

Nice correction, indeed Zimbabwe dollar and US dollar are two different things. 3x2, that`s his username, didn`t notice that mistake. I hope it`s a mistake and not
ignorance.
   Eaglewhite80 I must to make some correction about your comment. Currently it`s like this :
- Market Cap: $209,767,174,491
   Copy/paste from CoinMarketCap. That is a half from x10, it`s x5. It`s more than achievable, it`s a matter of time. Optimistic people believe that next year will be the
one, others believe in 5 years, but all of us believe in that. It`s got to happen.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:35:21 AM

A few more years is all it needs and adoption of blockchain products will make it happen. Its going to be a giant market like FOREX market. Blockchain companies cold even be listed on NASDAQ if all these adoption happen. Its going to be big and no one is stopping this technology because even today the banks are starting to develop their own.
The market as it is today won't stay as well diversified in the next couple of years. We still have to go through a phase where most of the current projects will not manage to survive.

Another thing is that when the hype around the blockchain slowly starts to fade, everyone suddenly starts to realize how it doesn't actually solve many problems at all, especially not problems databases can't solve.

The world has already seen the real innovation concerning blockchains, which is Bitcoin, Ethereum, and so forth. Most of that what's centralized and backed by corporate entities don't need a blockchain at all.

People might not like what I say, but the truth mostly isn't pretty.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:34:38 AM

If we look at the long term it might happen right? looking at total of bitcoin users while still arguably only a few percent of the total world population, if the user has been completely covered, of course marketcaps will be very large, it might happen because bitcoin continues to spread
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:09:06 AM

You are really getting yourself confused. Firstly, Zimbabwean dollar has nothing to do with US dollars, and it is just the currency for Zimbabwe alone. Moreover, this only happened because of the decrease in economic value that has hit Zimbabwe over the years as a result of bad economic policies and it is nothing compared to what we are even talking about here. Like they always say, being a legendary member does not really mean anything in this forum as I would not have expected such a post from someone who is learned enough.

I believe a trillion market cap may be possible to come by in the next bull run, but we just have to be patient to wait for it, and in this case with bitcoin doing a multiple of 10, this is something achievable, which will know this is something we will get to see eventually.
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:03:04 AM

It's not impossible. It's about the potential of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is possible to be as high as 100K and above.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:28:11 AM

Nice correction, indeed Zimbabwe dollar and US dollar are two different things. 3x2, that`s his username, didn`t notice that mistake. I hope it`s a mistake and not
ignorance.
   Eaglewhite80 I must to make some correction about your comment. Currently it`s like this :
- Market Cap: $209,767,174,491
   Copy/paste from CoinMarketCap. That is a half from x10, it`s x5. It`s more than achievable, it`s a matter of time. Optimistic people believe that next year will be the
one, others believe in 5 years, but all of us believe in that. It`s got to happen.
What you are looking at actually is the general market cap of the whole market in all, but the OP asked according to the topic, if Bitcoin will hit a trillion dollar market cap.

Currently according to coinmarketcap, bitcoin has a market capitalization of $112,320,160,729, so at the end for bitcoin to be able to achieve a trillion dollar market cap at the moment, then we are looking at about x9 - x10 or thereabout and in that case, we are looking at about $60,000, imagining the circulating supply is even the same, which we know it is not possible. $60k is achievable in the long term, so I believe it is even possible for Bitcoin alone to achieve such market cap, let alone the whole cryptocurrency market entirely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: