Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin guaranteed to go up?
Hell yes, in a few years ama get my benz mofukazz - 15 (53.6%)
Naw, bitcoin will have security flaws, but another virtual currency like litecoin, feathercoin etc will be there to offer a better protocol - 3 (10.7%)
It depends on adoption by a struggling country - 1 (3.6%)
Only internet nerds like us will ever use btc - 2 (7.1%)
More online places will accept btc and it will become the universal internet currency (or already in line to be)  Fack paypal - 3 (10.7%)
Why you always lock your threads brah?! Hiding something - 0 (0%)
Why you always online, no life brah?! - 2 (7.1%)
I will NOT be wasting my bitcoins on a benz. Are you insane? Where is the option for "debt free and not working for the man" or "sailboat in Cove" or "cruising in my homebuilt plane bitch" etc - 2 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can only go higher. Mining less coins, inflation of fiat, media coverage  (Read 1408 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:27:13 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 01:45:07 AM by bitcoinsrus

The price of bitcoin is most certain to increase in months/years reguardless of where we are now.  [Of course this assumes that bitcoin is not overtaken by another virtual currency (sponsored by a bank etc), breached protocol or forgotten by loyal supporters..

With higher difficulty, miners find less and less coins.  Coins keys can be loss leading to less in circulation.  Every few years, the value of fiat goes down (inflation).  Even though gox was a tragedy, the media coverage and awareness is good.

Bitcoins seems like a good idea and investment for the future.  We have barely scratched the surface.  

The blockchain could be used to display ownership as a public ledger, could act as an escrow itself (payment not made until specific condition met ex: my kid not getting my bitcoins until they turn 18 etc).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:53:55 PM

Fifteen years ago, if I had walked around with something like an iphone in public, people would have laughed. Now all the hot chicks do it. You don't want them to think you are weird for not having a tiny computer in your pocket, do you?

Todays cutting edge tech is tomorrows mundane muggle tool. As it was and always will be.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 08:56:33 PM

I like voting stats Smiley

HELL YEAH!!!!!

It is just a matter of time!! Smiley

skilo

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:58:23 PM

The price of bitcoin is most certain to increase in months/years reguardless of where we are now.  [Of course this assumes that bitcoin is not overtaken by another virtual currency (sponsored by a bank etc), breached protocol or forgotten by loyal supporters..

I don't think anyone would want a crypto coin made by a bank, What are they going to back it with? Fiat toilet paper money? In that case it wont be worth anymore than fiat.

Bitcoin has no banks dictating how far it can go, And contrary to whatever "regulation" plans the governments may have Bitcoin CANNOT BE REGULATED, It would be impossible to stop in person cash to btc transactions from happening.

It would be impossible to prove someone accepted bitcoin for payment or prove someone paid someone with it, Trying to regulate and tax Bitcoin itself would be like trying to regulate and tax cash transactions lol good luck...

The only thing they can regulate are the exchanges because they deal in fiat currency.

knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:59:40 PM

as my female friend used to say ...

"such a bitch"

,  well wtf the newbie want to know in the end of the day Huh

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
DanielVG

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:05:42 PM

The first desktop computers that were sold costed several 1000$, but the only thing you could do with it was play frogger.  
Still all the guys from the neighborhood would visit that one friend who had bought one and sit with 10 other friends around that little monitor all weekend watching the blocks change color.

-comment by Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, winner of Ansari-X price, designer of voyager and Virgin Spaceship One.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:11:07 PM

I will NOT be wasting my bitcoins on a benz. Are you insane? Where is the option for "debt free and not working for the man" or "sailboat in Cove" or "cruising in my homebuilt plane bitch" etc

*sigh*

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:16:13 PM

I will NOT be wasting my bitcoins on a benz. Are you insane? Where is the option for "debt free and not working for the man" or "sailboat in Cove" or "cruising in my homebuilt plane bitch" etc

*sigh*
Yes. Yes, exactly. At $10k I will buy a boat and sail from the frozen north to southern england and stay there under the palm trees over the winter, then sail back in summer. And with a bit of finagling - ironically involving the services of a bank or other loan institution - I could even get my bits out taxfree, in spite of our ~50% taxes. After that it's time to go shopping for an island paradise somewhere outside of the western world.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
skilo

Activity: 321

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

*sigh*

I'm afraid of heights so i don't fly but the being debt free and owning a boat would be cool.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:24:48 PM

Nice!

I think we can all agree on debt free and doing whatever the hell we want  Grin

As long as it doesnt involve a benz. In that case, we are gonna have it out brah! :p

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

Yes we are getting more media attentions, but the good kind.   This is bad PR for Bitcoin, now more people than ever think Bitcoin is a scammed.

When we hit 1200+, is because the media attention we got was good, because Congress didn't said nothing bad about Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: