Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:22:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Activate my $50 gift card by phone or skype, donate $40, and earn $10 (+ karma!)  (Read 2859 times)
StuckDonator (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 06:23:20 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2011, 06:44:02 PM by StuckDonator

Thanks to everyone here being ridiculously paranoid, I had no choice but to trust prophexy (aka gentooxx@gmail.com and MatthewBTC@Gmail.com) to activate my gift card and do the donations on my behalf. Needless to say, I got scammed.

As soon as he got the card's details on November 2nd, he withdrew all the money to his Serve account (SERVE VIRTUAL ENT INC SAINT PETERSB FL reference#: 24110391306816000124859) instead of donating it directly. Apparently his aim was to prevent me from checking the card's statement to see whether he donated or not.

Then he tried to keep me oblivious to the fact that he's a scammer for as long as possible...

On November 2nd, he sent me a PM saying: I have loaded the balance of the gift card onto a physical Serve AMEX debit card of mine, so I can more easily do the donations.  I'll send proof as soon as I get to it tonight (More easily my ass)
On November 5th, he said: I've just been extremely busy recently. It will probably get done tonight or tomorrow morning.  Stop worrying so much, I'm not one to scam.
On November 8th, after my persistent complains for breaking the deadlines which he himself set, he went into the new low of I am doing you a favour, please remember that.. Anyhow, as soon as I do the donation I'll send you screenshots.. He also mentioned here what I consider to be his first official scam announcement: To be honest, another reason I am holding on to the money is to wait and see if there's any way you can scam me

Frustrated, I gave him 48 hours during which he could either make the donations or refund my money.

So finally, I got this polite Fuck You from him just yesterday: The main reason I have not donated yet is the card that was holding the money got stolen.  I honestly don't give a shit if you believe me or not, but that's the main reason.  I tried to hide this fact from you due to the fact you probably wouldn't believe me, but oh well.
He didn't forget to assure me that he'll do his best to make the donations as soon as he can, of course.

For everybody's lulz, the card's details which can be viewed at wellsfargogiftcard.com are:
Card Number: 4167250048584140
Security Code : 719

Fortunately, I have a way to screw him for that, which he'll find out about soon. I lost interest in donating to the projects now though. At least nobody can claim I haven't tried.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prophexy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 07:48:43 PM

Yeah, teach me to trust someone like you.  You stated IN THE THREAD you were giving the person a month to donate.  I asked for a week, and you flip and pull this shit.

The card was probably stolen anyhow, that's how you're going to try to get me.

DogeCoin: DBtBsdvj1simr14ooQCdK5XiFJ76t18Mip
BitCoin: 1LgiBNaDd1xZ8SB3cdMyv3zE5TjQrLwLvJ
LiteCoin LSfmNDyx9MFTuLi278VGDirHJAzcdU656H
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 07:59:03 PM

For everybody's lulz, the card's details which can be viewed at wellsfargogiftcard.com are:

This leads to a site blocked for potential malicious attack. What are you trying to pull here?
prophexy

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:05:47 PM

This leads to a site blocked for potential malicious attack. What are you trying to pull here?

Yeah, I made the mistake of trusting him thinking I was doing a good thing.  Sorry my card got stolen but I offered to donate $70 instead of the proposed $50.  He also gave a month deadline, and it hasn't even been two weeks.  Like I said, I'm sure its a stolen card and he is going to try and pull something.

StuckDonator (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:25:53 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2011, 11:50:27 PM by StuckDonator

Nothing. Just showing I'm not making things up.

It probably got blocked because too many people or bots attempted to access it. It doesn't matter because prophexy acted professionally siphoning every penny on the very first day he got the details.

Like I said, I'm sure its a stolen card and he is going to try and pull something.
Right. So I'm the son of a bitch who steals people's money, not you. Perhaps I'm some sort of a modern Robin Hood who steals cards (which haven't been activated yet, mind you), and ask people to donate all their money to charities. Interesting proposal.

Yeah, I made the mistake of trusting him thinking I was doing a good thing.  Sorry my card got stolen but I offered to donate $70 instead of the proposed $50.
Ah, dear prophexy, so you're donating $70 for my charities huh? I'll tell you something. Why don't you post the screenshots here for everybody to see how honest of a scammer you are? But wait, you poor baby can't donate even a penny now because you've just "lost" your precious card, conveniently just after cleaning up my account. And why did you have to transfer the money to your account in the first place instead of donating directly from my card? Of course, because that would make you "more easily do the donations". Why didn't I think of that? And by the time you get a new card you'll probably be busy again, won't you? How unfortunate.

He also gave a month deadline, and it hasn't even been two weeks. 
If you're such a clever boy who knew that from the start then why did you break your deadlines thrice and kept making up different excuses each time? It would've been perfectly fine had you made the donations after, say, three weeks. But you didn't. You took all the money on the very first day then got conveniently busy thereafter and kept breaking your promises and coming up with weirder and weirder excuses. Sure, you may have had just enough time to exchange excessively long messages with me back and forth to justify why haven't you made the payments yet, but that doesn't mean that you had 15 bloody minutes to make the payments. You were busy. Yeah, that's it. Just a bit busy.

The only thing worse than a scammer is a stupid scammer who can't even think of convincing excuses.
prophexy

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:50:54 PM

Nothing. Just showing I'm not making things up.

It probably got blocked because too many people or bots attempted to access it. It doesn't matter because prophexy acted professionally siphoning every penny on the very first day he got the details.

Like I said, I'm sure its a stolen card and he is going to try and pull something.
Right. So I'm the son of a bitch who steals people's money, not you. Perhaps I'm some sort of a modern Robin Hood who steals cards (which haven't been activated yet, mind you), and ask people to donate all their money to charities. Interesting proposal.

Yeah, I made the mistake of trusting him thinking I was doing a good thing.  Sorry my card got stolen but I offered to donate $70 instead of the proposed $50.  He also gave a month deadline, and it hasn't even been two weeks.  
Ah, dear prophexy, so you're donating $70 for my charities huh? I'll tell you something. Why don't you post the screenshots here for everybody to see how honest of a scammer you are? But wait, you poor baby can't donate even a penny now because you've just "lost" your precious card, conveniently just after cleaning up my account as that would've made it "easier" for you to make the payment. And by the time you get a new card you'll probably be busy again, won't you? How unfortunate.

And you're saying I gave you a month. Then why did you break your deadlines thrice and kept making up different excuses each time? I would've been perfectly fine had you made the donations after, say, three weeks. But you didn't. You took all the money on the very first day then got conveniently busy thereafter. Sure, you may have had just enough time to exchange excessively long messages with me back and forth to justify why haven't you made the payments yet, but that doesn't mean that you had 15 bloody minutes to make the payments. You were busy. Yeah, that's it. Just a bit busy.

Your original thread said the person had a month to make the donation.  You decided to change your mind on that, apparently and give me a week and a half?  "I would've been perfectly fine had you made the donations after, say, three weeks. But you didn't."  It hasnt even been three weeks since you contacted me, it's been closer to a week and a half.

"Ah, dear prophexy, so you're donating $70 for my charities huh? I'll tell you something. Why don't you post the screenshots here for everybody to see how honest of a scammer you are?" Which screenshots are we referring to?  I will happily post the screenshots once I make the donations, but that is not possible at this exact moment.

The fact of the matter is you gave a month, like I've said it hasn't even been two weeks.  You dare to call me a scammer, when you haven't even given the allotted time you promised.  Maybe you should re-read your post, and quit making yourself look like the tool that you are.

Obviously, you have no idea how to tell a scammer apart from a non-scammer.  I'm sorry, I have never scammed anyone and never will.  The way you've been acting, and the threats against me you have made in PM REALLY makes me want to tell you to fuck yourself, but I'm not going to stoop to your level.  I'm still going to make the donations, even with you acting like a little child.  Why?  Because I am an honest person and stick to my word, unlike you.  Go ahead and continue your threats and bullshit against me.  I will make you look like the dumbass you truly are once I post the screenshots of my donations.

PS:  Which donations would you like me to make the extra $10 to, you still haven't told me Smiley

prophexy

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:53:38 PM

Oh, and also.. I didn't 'lose' my card.  It got stolen, along with my debit card, ID, and credit cards.  I have had to reorder them all.  I am so sorry for your inconvenience.

StuckDonator (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 12:01:32 AM

PS:  Which donations would you like me to make the extra $10 to, you still haven't told me Smiley
Given that 70 minus 40 makes 30 not 10, I'd say you should donate them to the Stupid-Scammers-Who-Dont-Remember-What-They-Said-5-Minutes-Ago Foundation.
prophexy

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 12:09:18 AM

PS:  Which donations would you like me to make the extra $10 to, you still haven't told me Smiley
Given that 70 minus 40 makes 30 not 10, I'd say you should donate them to Stupid-Scammers-Who-Dont-Remember-What-They-Said-5-Minutes-Ago Inc.

Incorrect.  I was donating the whole $50, plus $10 to two separate companies/charities.  Maybe as I said before, you should reread what I say.  Also, nice comeback?  So, what grade are you in again? Maybe I'll send you some crayons and kid scissors for your birthday.  I mean, I know mommy and daddy can't afford it..they can barely afford the trailer you live in with all the money they spend on meth, amirite?  

Now, can we both act like grownups or are we both just going to act like children?  I have done everything I can to make this right, even though I shouldn't because you offered a month to activate AND send donations, and like I've stated multiple times...It hasn't been nearly that.  Yet, you keep avoiding that point for some reason.. why is that?  Now, who needs to donate to "Stupid-Scammers-Who-Dont-Remember-What-They-Said-5-Minutes-Ago Inc.", again?  Smiley

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 12:26:53 AM

Ugh... seeing this thread made me disgusted at this community.

(BFL)^2 < 0
prophexy

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 12:43:29 AM

Ugh... seeing this thread made me disgusted at this community.

Im not saying that I am innocent in making it better, but I agree.  Any suggestions on what I can do to make it better, because I tried :/...any suggestions are very much welcomed.

galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 03:59:10 AM

All this over 50$?  Roll Eyes
prophexy

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 11:29:12 AM

All this over 50$?  Roll Eyes

Yes...its over $50 he thinks that I scammed him, which I did not.  He gave a month to make the donations, my card got stolen I should have it in about 5 days, and I will make the donations... its only been 2 weeks at most since I accepted his offer.

My main issue is he said I had a month to do it, threatens me in PM saying he will do things to me, and its only been half the time he gave to complete the task...

StuckDonator (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:04:48 AM

The month is over and prophexy is still waiting for his little new card. How sweet.
prophexy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 06:08:44 PM

The month is over and prophexy is still waiting for his little new card. How sweet.

Actually, prophexy is not waiting on his "little new card."  I received it quite a while ago, but thanks for your concern! Smiley  Perhaps if you would've logged in before today and messaged me you would've found out that donations have been made, and I decided to pick the organizations I would donate the extra amount to, since you couldn't seem to decide.

Yet again, thanks for your concern though Smiley

prophexy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 06:33:10 PM

Now, I am ignoring the rest of this thread.  I think I'm going to act the bigger person and ignore the petty insults from someone who doesn't even post on here except to claim someone is a scammer.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: