Bitcoin Forum
October 12, 2024, 06:32:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PogoPlug Arch - CGminer with HEX16A2 won't start hashing  (Read 832 times)
dogecoin8 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:48:33 PM

Hiiiii,

I build a small PogoPlug (E02) miner running ArchLinux and bfgminer/cgminer/minepeon with 2x Antminer U1.

Now I tried to get a HEX16A2 working with cgminer v3.12.3 rev and patch for cgminer 3.12.3 from technobit.
Patching and compiling cgminer was no problem.
The HEX16A2 is recognized if it's plugged in the additional powered 7-Port USB-Hub.
The HEX16A2 is not recognized if it's not plugged in the additional powered 7-Port USB-Hub ;P

Now comes the Issue:
The miner is listed with an error "*** err: (-9) LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE" using "cgminer -n" until I run cgminer normal the first time to start hashing,
then asking cgminer "cgminer -n" again, it lists the HEX16A2 correctly.

The end result is the miner won't start hashing. But the miner is listed in cgminer if its plugged.
And the miner is correctly detected as HEXc if I don't use the parameter "--set_default_to_c"

I tried to change voltage and hashspeed but nothing helped..
The miner works on Windows XP with Hexminer v1.0.0.2 without problems..
I used the shell to setup/build the cgminer and I made a picture showing ALL the information (highlighted RED) which I described above (Commands, Configuration, Some System Info, Issue "cgminer -n").

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ypfbcm.jpg

I appreciate all the help I could get & THX!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: