Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:28:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will SEC never approve Bitcoin ETF?  (Read 19242 times)
annaso

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:36:47 PM

Bitcoin ETFs are the talk of the market as SEC gathers overwhelming response from the public. However, there’s still plenty of regulatory inertia to overcome. Cryptoslate, citing the sentiment on industry insiders, reports: “If the ETFs turn out to be massively successful in the US market, the SEC does not benefit from it. However, if the ETFs begin to cause problems that cannot be controlled by the agency, the SEC could be responsible for them.” So they are taking steps cautiously and will take time approve bitcoin ETF.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:39:29 PM

My hope is on the application which will be ono September end. Hopefully  it will be accepted and the market will again start to fly as usual.  Hopefully. There is a good probalility
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:17:57 PM

So will there never be an SEC approved bitcoin ETF?

I think they want to see regulated exchanges / brokers -- and especially regulated U.S. exchanges / brokers -- possess more of the market's trading volumes. They've stated that the underlying market is under-regulated and prone to manipulation.

I don't see that position changing until the underlying market structure changes and/or regulated U.S. venues pick up volume.

My hope is on the application which will be ono September end. Hopefully  it will be accepted and the market will again start to fly as usual.  Hopefully.

"As usual?" There are bear markets too, you know! Tongue

micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:25:25 PM

Just read an article in reddit.com.It says that the SEC has not approved ETF as it thinks that unidentifiable people could influence the market.If such manipulation occurs,SEC wishes them to be identified.

So will there never be an SEC approved bitcoin ETF?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/99n8g3/in_case_you_didnt_read_it_the_sec_disapproved_the/

Again for the last time SEC doesn't approved ETF but not doesn't mena that it won't ever approved it maybe there are some things that SEC won't able to see in EFT but soon if there are new ETF proposal again maybe that time the SEC won't disapproved anymore in that case it will also can help to bitcoin system.
davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:28:10 PM

They are yet to decide, but I am sure it win’t be approved just yet. It doesn’t benefit big players and institutional investors as they are just getting in. ETFs are gonna happen for sure it is just matter of time...

tonywangg

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:32:53 PM

They will for sure approve the ETF.  They will do it on their own timeline.  Whatever that may be. it's in the banker/government interests to have the ETF so they will have it.  It's not good for you by any means.  So then you really know it will happen. 
iamwagner

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:20:21 PM

The commission will eventually approve.  I believe they are doing there best to get up to speed and create a level playing field so everyone can be protected and safe during trading. 

Yeah what I wrote above ain't happening.  They are going to approve the ETF so they can print 14 billion Bitcoins and flood and control Bitcoin just like they do with Silver.  And the people on this board are begging for it.  LOL.  We had a nice run boys. 
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:37:34 PM

yes, it is very difficult to identify any market manipulation, and market manipulation has a huge influence on the stability of crypto trading.

besides, the SEC considers that the Bitcoin ETF is HYIP. and that will create lose for everyone.

MTGOX is an exchange that is destroyed by market manipulation.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:03:49 PM

The strongest ETF application is from CBOE and should be reviewed at the end of September and the overall feeling is that it will get accepted, if not in September then at the beginning of next year.
crazybtclover

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:43:10 PM

First of all never believe everything that is posted on Reddit. They just spice things up to create more drama and to make their headlines more popular. Plus our main focus should not revolve around the ETF getting approved or not.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:30:19 PM

I think that much will depend on the popularization of Bitcoin. If many people in the whole world start buying Bitcoin, then the SEC can allow ETF.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 09:30:28 PM

This topic has really become the talk of the crypto market because of how many claims any rise in market would definitely come from such a good news like that of the approval of the Bitcoin ETF. Anyway SEC actually says this approval could go on for long but quite recently japan has announced a possible acceptting of Bitcoin ETF. Let's wait and see whether this is able to influence the US SEC to also approve it.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:31:30 PM

ETFs are just good for speculators, and Bitcoin has enought speculators already. I would preffer if the lighting network software gets much better routing first, then widespread lighting network adoption - this would make Bitcoin super usefull instead. After this I would not mind ETF with physically backed Bitcoins.

Yes thats a good point.
I think there are a lot of people who dont give a damn about ETF's instead
What they are interested in is the expectation that the ETF's will affect the
value of Bitcoin in a positive way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
qwerty1337

Activity: 209

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:44:45 PM

I think that in the near future, when only the top coins remain, and the cryptocurrency will be used as a means of investment, and possibly investment, then ETF will be approved.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
eneifed

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:32:36 PM

Wait does the SEC shut down is the government shuts down???
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 10:34:13 PM

Bitcoin ETF will not be approved in February, but it will positively affect the cryptocurrency market.

I think bitcoin should exist in its law and live by its rules

ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:43:15 PM

As long as BITCOIN will not have development SEC ETF will be hard to be approve.
We need more development on the system for the other country accepts the BTC.
But not far iun the future it will be implemented and signed.
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 10:45:56 PM

Perhaps they wouldn't, because all of the postponements for sure, regardless of all the considerations, would be inevitably rejected due to bitcoin's 'susceptibility to price manipulation' which I think makes sense on the side of SEC's standards. No matter how good ETF proposals are, price manipulation for bitcoin is always present, no matter how hard the regulations are trying to minimize or eliminate it. Perhaps these people could just divert their energy and attention towards other aspects and areas, just not ETFs which we know will never, ever be approved no matter how hard they try.

I agree with you completely
Add to that the market will not be affected much by the refusal decision of the ETF
  Previous decisions have given many signals in this direction
The market is expecting this rejection
But in the long run, ETF will enter the encryption market.
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:10:46 PM

I do not think that this will radically affect the price of cryptocurrencies. Just a positive decision would help us to get new investors in the market, which would contribute to the growth of prices. But if the decision is still not approved, then crypto will continue to develop itself little by little.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:59:19 AM

We will see what their first decision this year, and hopefully it's the best for us.

If ever we got an approval this year, it's gonna create some hype because this will drive investors to put their money with confidence.
In the past, we didn't seek for any government approval because we are decentralize and we think we can live with it, but we got bigger, we are put under their radar, so now they are trying to make things for us to be in compliant with them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: