Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will SEC never approve Bitcoin ETF?  (Read 19242 times)
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:20:48 AM

Just read an article in reddit.com.It says that the SEC has not approved ETF as it thinks that unidentifiable people could influence the market.If such manipulation occurs,SEC wishes them to be identified.

So will there never be an SEC approved bitcoin ETF?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/99n8g3/in_case_you_didnt_read_it_the_sec_disapproved_the/

I dont think SEC will disapprove bitcoin ETF. Soon or later, SEC will approve bitcoin ETF because this is real market. SEC always delaying approval on bitcoin ETF but in near future, BAKKT will launch and if i am not mistake its bitcoin ETF.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:24:26 PM

Can someone explain in ELI5 why would approving Bitcoin by SEC send the prices to the moon?

The bitcoins that are held by the ETF are supposedly going to be bitcoin-settled. This means that there must be a 1:1 ratio for the demand of bitcoins, which means the funds must buy bitcoins and have enough supply for all the clients, and it must be regulated to avoid scams. This is very bullish since it would give access to actual bitcoins to all these old cunts with lots of money out there, which are too computer illiterate to hold their own private keys safely.

Bakkt is a similar product. Anything that is bitcoin settled and isn't derivative scams like futures is positive for the price. Of course they will wait for capitulation to before the pump to $100k+ comes just like they did with gold.
Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 06:33:41 PM

I think that we will never see the approval of Bitcoin futures trading, most likely it was just market manipulation.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:42:27 PM

I think that we will never see the approval of Bitcoin futures trading, most likely it was just market manipulation.

That's the major reason why ETF's have been rejected by SEC and we all know that whales and lots of speculators continue to manipulate the market so it will be difficult for bitcoin to really get the ETF approval. I guess we're doing fine though, people are just looking for a catalyst to push the price again and hoping that ETF will bring that, but again, I don't see SEC approving it because of manipulation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Yoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 01:20:55 AM

In my opinion it will be approved. But to approve will definitely require a long process.
Currently NYSE Arca submits documents for Bitcoin ETF approvals. I hope this can be approved soon. Yeah, they're fighting for Bitcoin ETF approval.

https://www.coindesk.com/nyse-arca-files-paperwork-for-bitwise-bitcoin-etf-approval

Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 02:08:26 AM

In my opinion it will be approved. But to approve will definitely require a long process.
Currently NYSE Arca submits documents for Bitcoin ETF approvals. I hope this can be approved soon. Yeah, they're fighting for Bitcoin ETF approval.

https://www.coindesk.com/nyse-arca-files-paperwork-for-bitwise-bitcoin-etf-approval
More and more are applying for approval,  I think soon the SEC will find what they are looking for and will eventually approve the ETF.
It's good for us because they didn't give up, denied many times but they continue to pursue for that approval, that's how they want crypto to be well regulated.

Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 02:19:55 AM

More and more are applying for approval,  I think soon the SEC will find what they are looking for and will eventually approve the ETF.
It's good for us because they didn't give up, denied many times but they continue to pursue for that approval, that's how they want crypto to be well regulated.
SEC approval is very important in a business as required in order for us to operate according to the laws. I feel difficulties on our side since some government institutions opposing this thing. Once it finally resolve and approve, it surely give a huge impact to the market and it helps to eliminate ghost/scam projects.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 08:58:12 AM

SEC approval is very important in a business as required in order for us to operate according to the laws. I feel difficulties on our side since some government institutions opposing this thing. Once it finally resolve and approve, it surely give a huge impact to the market and it helps to eliminate ghost/scam projects.
That would give a boost in the market for sure, the application is in the US but I believe they have a big influence in some other countries.
Well, if that is gonna be approve this year, I feel that some county will become pro crypto and this will bring our dreams into a reality.
All we want is just to see the price increase but without good news like that, it's not possible.

conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:46:31 AM

- You also know that the SEC has received many applications for approval but until now, they have been continuously refusing and refusing, they do not have time to seek out the common and good points of bitcoin here, they only know bitcoin is not suitable for the government and they will not allow bitcoin to penetrate deeper. So I believe we should understand simply that Bitcoin ETF is just a news to change the value of bitcoin in sensitive moments of the market, submitting documents for bitcoin approval ETF is just a way that big investors create market influence according to their wishes

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:51:16 AM

- You also know that the SEC has received many applications for approval but until now, they have been continuously refusing and refusing, they do not have time to seek out the common and good points of bitcoin here, they only know bitcoin is not suitable for the government and they will not allow bitcoin to penetrate deeper. So I believe we should understand simply that Bitcoin ETF is just a news to change the value of bitcoin in sensitive moments of the market, submitting documents for bitcoin approval ETF is just a way that big investors create market influence according to their wishes

They can delay , but there is final date where you can't delay anymore . I think its end of february . I would like to believe there is big chance it will be approved and then we can see some action in market . Already forgot the feelings that i had in 2017 November , December when everything was shooting up . Good old days ....
Yoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:42:11 AM

They can delay , but there is final date where you can't delay anymore . I think its end of february . I would like to believe there is big chance it will be approved and then we can see some action in market . Already forgot the feelings that i had in 2017 November , December when everything was shooting up . Good old days ....

I'm not sure if at the end of February there will be no more delays. But I believe that sooner or later the Bitcoin ETF will be approved.

I think I will not forget history at the end of 2017, because it is the history of Bitcoin that is able to make a new ATH. Yeah, the price of bitcoin reached $19,665.39 and I really missed that moment.

lesoleil

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 12:25:01 PM

I'm not sure if at the end of February there will be no more delays. But I believe that sooner or later the Bitcoin ETF will be approved.

I think I will not forget history at the end of 2017, because it is the history of Bitcoin that is able to make a new ATH. Yeah, the price of bitcoin reached $19,665.39 and I really missed that moment.

there is no deadline because the etf proposal was withdrawn. so no approval sooner or later...
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 08:13:10 AM

Oh, the SEC will never approve a Bitcoin ETF until the fat whales of Wallstreet get their fill. The top 1% don't stay at the 1% because they are fair and honest businessmen/investors.

H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:36:12 AM

I guess they need more time to evaluate the current condition of cryptocurrency and considering many things that will happening if they approve the Bitcoin ETF. There were many Bitcoin ETF proposals rejected already, and i guess it will be hard for them to approve it after all.
For me, approved or rejected, the most important is cryptocurrency keep developing and won't die.

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:35:59 PM

I just saw these positive news about bitcoin etf.

---> https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-commissioner-jackson-thinks-regulator-will-approve-btc-etf-leaked-interview-shows
---> https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-etf-is-coming-hopeful-us-sec-chief-says-approval-only-a-matter-of-time
---> https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-etf-inevitable-sec-commissioner/

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:36:57 PM
Merited by XCANA (1)

Candidly speaking the whales manipulation landed us here but that's a good one. SEC may not approve Bitcoin ETF but that's just by the way because as for now the ETF approval can cause a major rise in the market. Many are they that wait for the slightest opportunity to act in the market bullish run which we hope ETF will provide.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:06:47 PM

the meetings held to discuss ETF and SEC are all just price manipulations, they try to master the circulation of cryptocurrency so they want to try to be the driver of cryptocurrency prices and that will make the discussion fail because bitcoin will never be able to be controlled by anyone.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:53:56 PM

I guess they need more time to evaluate the current condition of cryptocurrency and considering many things that will happening if they approve the Bitcoin ETF. There were many Bitcoin ETF proposals rejected already, and i guess it will be hard for them to approve it after all.
For me, approved or rejected, the most important is cryptocurrency keep developing and won't die.
Actually we don't need it so people are just speculating with ETF,no real crypto enthusiast want that to happen because crypto is currency not investment so people who are not knowing the result of bitcoin on ETF need to read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-an-etf-is-a-bad-idea-for-bitcoin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Fredomago
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1050

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:04:57 PM

the meetings held to discuss ETF and SEC are all just price manipulations, they try to master the circulation of cryptocurrency so they want to try to be the driver of cryptocurrency prices and that will make the discussion fail because bitcoin will never be able to be controlled by anyone.
In it's real essence it should not be controlled by anyone but everyone, It's all about dominating the market and with this behaviors we are still
far from seeing any positive executions but more on a speculative drive, hopefully this one will be settled for benefits of both parties.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 02:15:43 PM

Just read an article in reddit.com.It says that the SEC has not approved ETF as it thinks that unidentifiable people could influence the market.If such manipulation occurs,SEC wishes them to be identified.

So will there never be an SEC approved bitcoin ETF?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/99n8g3/in_case_you_didnt_read_it_the_sec_disapproved_the/

As far as i know, SEC have not accept any bitcoin ETF yet until now.
Of course, they rejected many bitcoin ETF proposal from some parties already.
But it doesn't mean they won't accept any bitcoin ETF in the future. If they have enough time to conclude the result, maybe they will approve some.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████