Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain comes under increasing pressure  (Read 229 times)
Phlaser (OP)

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 12:46:41 PM

SoftBank and Tencent Holdings deny their involvement in Bitmains IPO.
Competition in the mining chip industry is getting stronger, Halong mining gets better and better and Canaan (who also files for an IPO in May) is expanding too.
Additionally, Bitmain sold most of their BTC for Bitcoin Cash and is now stuck with a highly illiquid and rapidly decreasing asset (we reported about that before).

https://www.coindesk.com/tencent-softbank-deny-involvement-in-bitmains-1-billion-pre-ipo-round/
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:56:24 PM

SoftBank and Tencent Holdings deny their involvement in Bitmains IPO.
Competition in the mining chip industry is getting stronger, Halong mining gets better and better and Canaan (who also files for an IPO in May) is expanding too.
Additionally, Bitmain sold most of their BTC for Bitcoin Cash and is now stuck with a highly illiquid and rapidly decreasing asset (we reported about that before).

https://www.coindesk.com/tencent-softbank-deny-involvement-in-bitmains-1-billion-pre-ipo-round/

halong getting better and better? continue dreaming xD

maybe you mean innosilicon.

even halong = innosilicon in some way..
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:04:12 PM

Yea and the new water cooled miner is going to be a huge flop.  I bought those c1 before I understood what they did. Fomo got the best of me.  Just an over clocked power hog bm1382 or s3.  They must feel they can still dupe someone or they wouldn’t have wasted their time.  Wise up people.  Also with as much heat bitmain has brought upon them. I find the timing of the info. The lack of investors etc. seems maybe bitmain gonna try and dissolve and go underground. Watch and see mark my words

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:08:16 PM

I feel the pressure on bitmain. They've recently been sending me emails about coupons, discount, and all sorts of other desperate promotions. Funny and quite pathetic if you ask me. It's probably so they can maintain the high revenues they promised their IPO investors.

I couldnt care less about bitmain after all the shady shit they've done.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:16:07 PM

Yea and the new water cooled miner is going to be a huge flop.  I bought those c1 before I understood what they did. Fomo got the best of me.  Just an over clocked power hog bm1382 or s3.  They must feel they can still dupe someone or they wouldn’t have wasted their time.  Wise up people.  Also with as much heat bitmain has brought upon them. I find the timing of the info. The lack of investors etc. seems maybe bitmain gonna try and dissolve and go underground. Watch and see mark my words

BR

If I'm a bitmain shareholder I will be worried they are releasing stuff like the S9 hydro, something that big farms won't use, instead of hyping up 7nm miners.

They've lost competitive advantage in all algorithms. Those $55 coupons they sent 2 days ago won't do anything.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:18:59 PM

Yea and the new water cooled miner is going to be a huge flop.  I bought those c1 before I understood what they did. Fomo got the best of me.  Just an over clocked power hog bm1382 or s3.  They must feel they can still dupe someone or they wouldn’t have wasted their time.  Wise up people.  Also with as much heat bitmain has brought upon them. I find the timing of the info. The lack of investors etc. seems maybe bitmain gonna try and dissolve and go underground. Watch and see mark my words

BR

If I'm a bitmain shareholder I will be worried they are releasing stuff like the S9 hydro, something that big farms won't use, instead of hyping up 7nm miners.

They've lost competitive advantage in all algorithms. Those $55 coupons they sent 2 days ago won't do anything.

Yea looks like innosilicon is doing to bitmain what bitmain did to us. I knew this would become a fight between the manufacturers.  Makes we wonder just how low the price can go to shake out a big guy. Have to wait and see how she plays out.

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
0ethereum0

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:32:11 PM

Perhabs we can get some free miners of bitmain Grin. I ordered a z9 mini but this is the last time i ordered something by bitmain.
All the shady things they done
TheronB

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:16:16 PM

I'm hoping for a Lyra miner soon.  The Z9 minis have been an amazing investment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: