Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:33:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmex Future Price vs Spot Price  (Read 105 times)
Swagtoshi (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 03:48:36 PM by Swagtoshi

What are the factors that affect the bitmex future price? How does the future price move in relation to the spot price?

Although I'm nit-picking, but the future price does not allows follow the exact same price movement of the spot price. Below is a chart of the XRPU18 futures and the bittrex xrp price. The future went down significantly more than the spot price in the same time period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:41:01 PM
Merited by Swagtoshi (3)

What are the factors that affect the bitmex future price? How does the future price move in relation to the spot price?

Although I'm nit-picking, but the future price does not allows follow the exact same price movement of the spot price. Below, I a chart of the XRPU18 futures and the bittrex xrp price. The future went down significantly more than the spot price in the same time period.

Future price movements are much more drastical. It is caused by short/long liquidations due to overlavereged positions. Exchange is closing that position adding extra supply/demand what push price even more than spot price. After that price is going back where spot price is.

There is also separate supply and demand on futures and spot and price can be totally different. But most investors are looking on both price and doing their trades in way that those prices are quite the same. (if you see future price going down you know that spot price will go down too so you sell so price is actualy going down too but with big moves price can be different but only for short period)
yla1974

Activity: 700
Merit: 380

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:17:58 PM

Although I'm nit-picking, but the future price does not allows follow the exact same price movement of the spot price. Below is a chart of the XRPU18 futures and the bittrex xrp price. The future went down significantly more than the spot price in the same time period.

Friends you should understand that this exchange is trading in air. There and does not smell real value, except for your personal means. They rent one of the most expensive offices, but I'm sure it's all just a show-off and temporary. Someone is very strong and important behind them, otherwise their existence would not be possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: