Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenland - Readme Please  (Read 642 times)
Effayy (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 05:07:41 AM

Ok so i just signed up so I could offer some advice, unfortuately the post is located in the main Discussion area, to which i don't yet have access...  That said, if anyone with access could just type a nice post in that thread pointing to this this one for him to see, that would be great, thanks. Smiley

Original Thread here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49457.0

Xenland, to determine in which method you should display pagination, you really do need to determine what kind of data you're displaying.  In your case you gave an example of it being an alphabetical order.  In this case, instead of asking the user to guess a page number that corresponds to the letter, it may benefot you to split the pagination in latter increments, and pages within those letters.

A-E F-K L-S T-Z 0-9 for instance.  Within each of those divisions would be standard numeric pages.  Even better if you provide an overarching search function that will allow people to seek out a title directly without having to remember what page it was on.

Sorry, App developer by trade, *and* I've had quite a few beer, so when I read the post I just felt the need to add my $0.02. Wink

- Effayy

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 05:43:11 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2011, 06:31:53 AM by Xenland

Ok so i just signed up so I could offer some advice, unfortuately the post is located in the main Discussion area, to which i don't yet have access...  That said, if anyone with access could just type a nice post in that thread pointing to this this one for him to see, that would be great, thanks. Smiley

Original Thread here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49457.0

Xenland, to determine in which method you should display pagination, you really do need to determine what kind of data you're displaying.  In your case you gave an example of it being an alphabetical order.  In this case, instead of asking the user to guess a page number that corresponds to the letter, it may benefot you to split the pagination in latter increments, and pages within those letters.

A-E F-K L-S T-Z 0-9 for instance.  Within each of those divisions would be standard numeric pages.  Even better if you provide an overarching search function that will allow people to seek out a title directly without having to remember what page it was on.

Sorry, App developer by trade, *and* I've had quite a few beer, so when I read the post I just felt the need to add my $0.02. Wink

- Effayy

Hey cool thanks for shouting out

Thats a great suggestion, it didn't occor to me to paginate with letters instead of numbers when sorting. I'll deffinatly implement this idea for the next updates. I already have updates coming and they are in progress as I write this.

Welcome to the community.
Effayy (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 05:57:11 AM

Hey no problem, glad to be of service. Smiley Best of luck to ya.

and thanks repentance for pushing this forward.

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: