Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:25:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Value based token ideas - let's build  (Read 151 times)
btc4peace (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:07:54 PM

It is possible to build a dApp that holds ether in the contract address and the underlying tokens are valued based on the ETH balance.

With this in mind, I want to build projects that earn USD converted to ETH and dumped into the contract wallet as a truly decentralized profit share.

So far, here are a list of projects I have done in the past that could be rebuilt and fit the profit share model:

-Advertising network (sell banners, interstitials, and visitors)
-Social media & Twitch.tv follower sales (via custom app for Twitch and SociPanel for the rest)
-A blog that earns Adsense earnings and from paid post sales
-PTC/GPT sites

Ideas on a larger scale:
-Solar farm powered Mining operation
-Solar farms that sell energy to the State
-Establish a "tithe coin"
-Implement Crypto as a national currency for a new Palestinian Nation in Israel or Jordan

I will be starting the project in 2019 and would like to know other ideas and also what would it take to get you to invest in an ICO for this? The purpose of the ICO would be small, an allowance for me to live off of so i can quit my job and work on it ($12000/yr for 5 years) and $12000/year for bringing 36,000,000 visitors per year to the site(s).  An additional $30000 for reserve to cover the costs associated with development (ie contractors if needed). All surplus fund would be returned to the dApp profit share.  A total of $150,000 for the ICO and 15,000,000 tokens created.

10,000,000 tokens would be held by investors, 1,000,000 by me and 4,000,000 as blog post writing incentives (get paid tokens to write blog posts)

If the personal support is not a good idea, I can do Lyft or Amazon Flex driving to supplement my needs instead.

Thanks for your input

I am more trustable than you.  Those cbags who trolled me can get bent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 07:21:10 PM

It is possible to build a dApp that holds ether in the contract address and the underlying tokens are valued based on the ETH balance.

With this in mind, I want to build projects that earn USD converted to ETH and dumped into the contract wallet as a truly decentralized profit share.

So far, here are a list of projects I have done in the past that could be rebuilt and fit the profit share model:

-Social media & Twitch.tv follower sales (via custom app for Twitch and SociPanel for the rest)
-PTC/GPT sites

Ideas on a larger scale:
-Implement Crypto as a national currency for a new Palestinian Nation in Israel or Jordan

I will be starting the project in 2019 and would like to know other ideas and also what would it take to get you to invest in an ICO for this? The purpose of the ICO would be small, an allowance for me to live off of so i can quit my job and work on it ($12000/yr for 5 years) and $12000/year for bringing 36,000,000 visitors per year to the site(s).  An additional $30000 for reserve to cover the costs associated with development (ie contractors if needed). All surplus fund would be returned to the dApp profit share.  A total of $150,000 for the ICO and 15,000,000 tokens created.

10,000,000 tokens would be held by investors, 1,000,000 by me and 4,000,000 as blog post writing incentives (get paid tokens to write blog posts)

If the personal support is not a good idea, I can do Lyft or Amazon Flex driving to supplement my needs instead.

Thanks for your input

i dont understand what you are talking about..... why do you need ethereum in this? as some form of backing? or just create confusion so people think you are doing something intelligent.

you could simply also create just a project token, and buy back the token with achieved rewards.

implement crypto as a national currency for palestinians. thats a nice idea, it takes however quite a lot to execute that currency. and use the jobless middle eastern population to develop structures in the region.

earnadoge

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:41:51 PM
Merited by btc4peace (7)

I like your ideas on the larger scale section, I have some suggestions.

More ideas on the larger scale:
Grow massive amounts of food as proof of work for coin mining
Give away food at cost of distribution, but the coin is kept forever
Rebuild the entire food supply for the entire world, the way its grown and profited from
Eradicate world starvation while requiring participants to meet a certian criteria for their offspring, therefore naturally controlling the population
Create online university that rivals traditional one for free for everyone
Also have pre university courses, replacing all schooling
Create free internet for everyone, lower speeds to access  education and other programs from anywhere

Some of these might happen sooner or later, as long as someone can profit from it, I think it can happen, if a coin and advertising is combined.  Free high school texts that exist now, are ad supported, and anything that is given can have advertising on it.

More on your note, the solar farms is a great idea I think, the cheapest places to build solar farms are where no one needs the power, or people are too far,  Wind farms are not bad ither, and in the future I can see floating wind farms in the oceans making crypto currency.  Good luck on your project!

Amine EL Amrani

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:03:28 AM

-PTC/GPT sites

Ideas on a larger scale:

I will be starting the project in 2019 and would like to know other ideas and also what would it take to get you to invest in an ICO for this? The purpose of the ICO would be small, an allowance for me to live off of so i can quit my job and work on it ($12000/yr for 5 years) and $12000/year for bringing 36,000,000 visitors per year to the site(s).  An additional $30000 for reserve to cover the costs associated with development (ie contractors if needed). All surplus fund would be returned to the dApp profit share.  A total of $150,000 for the ICO and 15,000,000 tokens created.

Thanks for your input

btc4peace (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:09:46 PM

Thank you for the replies.  I have some gteat domain names to choose from and I am thinking that my first project will be a coin news blog marketed as decentralized thought about the evolution of mankind into the crypto age.  Basically, anyone can write their thoughts about crypto related topics.  I will also build / embed an exchange and adsense ads that earn for the revenue share with blog posters, and to be used as an option to exchange for advertising or featured posts, etc.  Perhaps that is a better way to handle it. 

The reason I had for a dApp based on solidity is that it would function as an autonomous profit share.

Keep the feedback coming! 

I am more trustable than you.  Those cbags who trolled me can get bent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: