Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you think blockchain can benefit healthcare?  (Read 2430 times)
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:30:50 PM

So with blockchain technology growing and adoption coming quickly, we are obviously going to see large industries like healthcare, banking, and law enforcement begin to utilize the strengths of blockchain.

Curious your thoughts on how blockchain could benefit the healthcare industry and why.

A great use case that I can think of right of the bat, is protection of patient data, making it immutable once stored.

Of course, the other coins will help the technology and much more development on the success of this community. However, it must not only focus on the ability of the business to grow in the financial market but to grow on the people. If blockchain will develop a technology about a health-related solution that might really be beneficial. Thus, the matter of blockchain towards medical attention as a project would really be difficult to realize since there are not yet feasibility studies regarding the projects related to health and its implication for profitability.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:38:24 PM

Aside from the protection and complete transparency of medical records, blockchain can be use to fight the abusive medical insurance companies as well as expensive hospitals by giving some transparency with Blockchain. With this technology we can monitor price changes and rates or related transactions in which we fail to see on our present system. This large corporations are literally earning billions from our health and it needs to stop as if we have cheap hospital bills we don't need medical insurance in the first place.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:41:54 AM

So with blockchain technology growing and adoption coming quickly, we are obviously going to see large industries like healthcare, banking, and law enforcement begin to utilize the strengths of blockchain.

Curious your thoughts on how blockchain could benefit the healthcare industry and why.

A great use case that I can think of right of the bat, is protection of patient data, making it immutable once stored.

Nothing's impossible in crypto community,if we can offer every services and products over this currency then what would be the difference in healthcare?as i believe that many project now are on the process of creating this,

I remember one project that has been created months ago about Cells in the US and will focusing on the prisoners ,if we can offer this one.so what more for health that has been needed worldwide,it is just a bad thing that the said projecy turns a scam at the end
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:42:56 AM

There is a company already using crypto in healthcare. Look up farmatrust which just reached its hardcap. They are preventing fake drugs from circulating by putting data on the blockchain. It has powerful backing from a member of UK parliament and is now trading on qryptos

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
ZoomhashLLC (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 11:58:09 PM

The most significant benefit the blockchain could offer healthcare is security. Under blockchain, even a doctor would require multiple authorized “signatures” or permissions from other parts of a network to access patient records. So the patient's healthcare records are protected from  and the patients would be rest at mind.

Nice, this was more along the lines of what I was thinking as well. I do not think some people realize the danger of leaked patient medical information!
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:30:10 AM

What you said is already existing because of many ICOs related to healthcare. Blockchain can also help in the quick process of finding the most suitable doctors for a patient. Lastly, medical prescription data can also be placed on the blockchain so that it will be more efficient because you wont need to go to a hospital.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:59:07 AM

The most significant benefit the blockchain could offer healthcare is security. Under blockchain, even a doctor would require multiple authorized “signatures” or permissions from other parts of a network to access patient records. So the patient's healthcare records are protected from  and the patients would be rest at mind.

Nice, this was more along the lines of what I was thinking as well. I do not think some people realize the danger of leaked patient medical information!

So a patient come bursting through the doors in cardiac arrest. The team are working frantically to resuscitate them. You need to know what medical conditions they suffer from - now. Have they had previous heart attacks and this is caused by another one? Are they a known drug addict and this could be an overdose? Are they a diabetic and this could be advanced ketoacidosis? Maybe they are a brittle asthmatic? The clock is ticking.

Give me 5 minutes says the doctor, I need to get 3 permissions before I can access this patient's records. Too late. Time up.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:33:36 AM

The type of health we could give may vary in different ways. If ever we are to input blockchain into the health care industry then I guess it can help. Blockchain can decentralise any information given by then patient. In that case, this records will now be kept and will be under he blockchain's supervision wherein will be untouchable.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:50:41 PM

Indeed, the immutability of the blockchain offers great advantage for the use case you cited.

I am just afraid that while it is a great advantage to have an append only data structure for patient's info, what happens when there exists a wrong diagnosis that is left out-dated? How does one go about it? When there is no central authority to over turn recorded data on the blockchain?

And since transparency is an innate attribute of the blockchain, what happens to doctor-patient privacy?

Perhaps i'll need to read more on this to actually realize how medical-related blockchain projects can take advantage of the innate offerings of blockchain.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:19:19 PM

Placing all the health records over the blockchain can be beneficial as it will make it far easier to store huge personal data secured over the blockchain without any further problems with the security. I guess healthcare records are huge collection of data as patient history and current data is always very much important to the doctor to asses the patient conditions. So if you see this coming your way then blockchain will surely provide the best option to grab that data and make it accessible for the patient as well as the doctor himself over the course of time. And as I mentioned already, there will be no issues with the securities.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:21:35 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2018, 06:33:32 PM by franky1

its not just patient diagnoses that can be stored (patient medial records). its also
patient identity (including insurer)
doctor/hospital staff identity (including level of clearance)
hospital bed utility
pharmaceutical/surgical tools supply
even staff rota's

a single network/chain/dlt does not need to have just 1 usecase. it can have smart contracts for multiple purposes.

imagine a department had 36 staff and needed 12 staff per shift. the smart contract can log who should turn up and if a staff didnt turn up the software could check who else is equally skilled lives in the vincinity and not on shift to contact to fill that shift
the smart contract then signs when shift is over and publishes. and thats locked for hospitals HR/accounts and insurance devision to then release funds to pay the staff that worked. (by hr/accounts/insurance i mean other automated smart contracts of neighbouring sidechains that can view the staff rota sidechain)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:00:49 AM

I do not know what I see most projects related to healthcare always fail in the ICO even though there are few who achieve success,

opening up a healthcare based ICO will fail to b sustainable after release. this is because ICO's are made by random people looking for more random people to invest. which means it never sees light of day in a actual healthcare establishment because ICO's are aiming their fundraising and promoting at the wrong people

however if its a healthcare based blockchain/DLT then the developers should be contacting

a) government healthcare authorities to request a R&D grant to develop a prototype
b) private healthcare/insurance corporations to invest

and then if they succeed in proving its utility. seek a
a) government project grant to cover costs
b) private healthcare/insurance corporations to continue financing/investing

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:20:11 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 04:30:54 AM by franky1

a patient can share their information to the only person they want to share.With this, there is no need of central administrator eliminated by cryptography and all the users are in the control. So, Blockchain provides security, scalability, and data privacy to the healthcare industry.

having medical data encrypted using a key only the patient has is bad.
imagine your in a coma. you cannot give consent. thus no doctor cant see your medical history because they dont have the key

however if the medical records are encrypted purely so its not cleartext. then it's just not readable without using a piece of equipment only supplied to hospitals. helps reduce outside access

and where by diagnosis are made immutible/signed off by more than one medical practicioner (lab tech and doctor) ensures the integrity of the data so that insurers cant just shout 'false claim'. thus reducing the auditing and admin. and just get on with funding medical procedures and medications faster

jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 04:18:26 PM

Blockchain would be very useful in healthcare industry to store patients health data. It can provide the interface to doctor where the all patients data is available. Blockchain will provide secure, fastest method to reach the patient.
Let me give you example ----
Mr A has blood related problem and he went through blood test and laboratory published blood test result on blockchain and mr A want to consult with the doctor regarding his problem, So He just need to share the data with doctor through internet and doctor will check the report and give him suggestions.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

Mr A has blood related problem and he went through blood test and laboratory published blood test result on blockchain and mr A want to consult with the doctor regarding his problem, So He just need to share the data with doctor through internet and doctor will check the report and give him suggestions.

I mean, this is exactly what happens currently. A patient doesn't even need to "share the data" - any doctors involved in Mr A's care would generally automatically have access to the relevant data. Adding blockchain tecehnology will not bring any additional benefits.

Just because something could work on blockchain technology, doesn't mean we need shoehorn it in to already working systems. You need to show a real benefit in terms of privacy, efficieny or cost first.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 04:37:48 PM

As we all know that blockchain is based on the principle of decentralization that is optimisation of traditional process by utilising the full strength of the available resources. For example, in the healthcare sector, we will be able to implement it in a way that will reduce the paperwork in case of emergency. Suppose Mr. X has his medical data available on the blockchain (along with the confidential access), any doctor treating him around the world would get his health data instantly on the fingertips so that the doctor will be able to treat it in a better way.
Oleg345678

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 09:23:43 AM

Of course, blockchainchain can be used in Healthcare. I've even seen several ICOs from this industry. I think such ICO will continue to appear. I participated in ICO WELL.  WELL Token already received.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:42:05 AM

Of course, blockchainchain can be used in Healthcare. I've even seen several ICOs from this industry. I think such ICO will continue to appear. I participated in ICO WELL.  WELL Token already received.

An ICO in the healthcare sector makes no sense to me. If there was a really good project, they would simply approach a hospital or insurance company who, upon seeing how good this project is and how much money it could save them, would fund it. Why would they need a tradable token to put patient records on a blockchain, unless it's just to make them a quick buck before they disappear.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:22:57 PM

For now, i only think the blockchain system can safely store the information in the blockchain database.
So, i think the benefit using blockchain on the health industry is, it can stored the information about patient safely.
ZoomhashLLC (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:43:34 AM

An ICO in the healthcare sector makes no sense to me. If there was a really good project, they would simply approach a hospital or insurance company who, upon seeing how good this project is and how much money it could save them, would fund it. Why would they need a tradable token to put patient records on a blockchain, unless it's just to make them a quick buck before they disappear.

While I do agree with what you are saying, it is not reliable to assume corporations will instantly pick up blockchain just because it will save them money on paper.

It would be a great incentive though for blockchain to not only protect sensitive data, but to save the corporation's money.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: