Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW CAN DUMPING BE PREVENTED  (Read 450 times)
upyem2k (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:43:54 AM

It is not a doubt that the leading problem faced in the alcoin/ICO investment is dumping. Seeing a token you invested into being traded at a drastically low price to the face value is highly pathetic.
What do you think the project developers can do to prevent the bad effects of dumping on investment?
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 02:47:50 AM

Dumping is the choice of individual investors and we can't prevent it and should not even try to.
No one would dump without a reason, everyone has profit in mind while buying or selling. If they found the token not worth holding they'll sell.
It's upto the project to convince it's investors/bounty participants to hold onto, not with words but with actions.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
bitcoinpeople2

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:35:39 AM

This might not exactly be easy to do. Bounty hunters usually dump their tokens immediately after they get them, or investors do so, when they think that the coin is/wouldn't do so well, and this in turn usually causes a downtrend in the price of the coin/token. I think that the individual actions of these people cannot exactly be controlled, so dumping can not be prevented also. Whatever people choose to do with their coins/tokens is left for them.
asritajudin

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:42:37 AM

Dumping is the choice of individual investors and we can't prevent it and should not even try to.
No one would dump without a reason, everyone has profit in mind while buying or selling. If they found the token not worth holding they'll sell.
It's upto the project to convince it's investors/bounty participants to hold onto, not with words but with actions.
I agree with your suggestion because we all have our individual right and decisions about any of our coin and if anyone feels a coin is not worth holding, the person can sell and put the money in a promising one but if the team members and manager of a particular coin can convince it's investors of the potential of the coin and how promising it will be on hold and they should put into action, then I think investors will reduce the rate at which they dump a coin but as crypto is, there are many altcoins that have stated how potential their coin is and eventually they crash or are not even worth holding. I believe in future, altcoins will be worth holding because by then only the potential and promising ones will remain in crypto.
organelles

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:47:53 AM

It is not a doubt that the leading problem faced in the alcoin/ICO investment is dumping. Seeing a token you invested into being traded at a drastically low price to the face value is highly pathetic.
What do you think the project developers can do to prevent the bad effects of dumping on investment?

There is no way to prevent dumping, people are the owners of their coins and they can do whatever they want with their coins, which is the point of cryptos. If we want to counteract the effects on dumping on the market when we notice it, then we have to buy coins, if the demand is equal to the supply of the coins then the price of the coins will not fall.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:59:03 AM

I don't think this can be prevented because it is a choice of the investor, bounty hunters and airdrop participants. Also, I think locking the tokens or slowly giving them the amounts on a monthly basis.
I've participated in many ICOs that locked the tokens for X number of months, and also some ICOs that issue their tokens on for how many months.
Lets be honest, most of these times the bounty hunters and the airdrop participants, are the one who dumped the early tokens.

Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:04:45 AM

If dumping happened even developers can do nothing about it . The people who trade it daily have the option to pump it or dump . Well the only thing that developer can do is make their crypto better than other when it comes to usage so people will consider it buying even they increase their offer to get it .
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:04:49 AM

Lol
This is a joke question because dumping can never be stopped
Why??

Every one has access to their wallet and has an access to their decisions too
You can compel me not to dump or sell
cryptor47

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:12:08 AM

It can't be stopped, unless you want to stop the free market, which makes no sense for crypto.
ICOs should have dumped some when it became clear we're in a bear cycle, like Viberate for example. Dumping now is a mistake.
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:13:24 AM

Ico are very affected on bitcoin situation, of course all currency is connected on this coin which is the center of all crypto. All are trable on btc so once the price is dump. Other currency will also follow. In conclusion this is not bad as other thinking. I believe everything will be alright

BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2114
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:14:46 AM

I've seen some ICOs stagger the distribution of their tokens, and even implement lock periods for their investors to ensure that they can't simultaneously dump on an exchange as soon as it becomes available. I know that a lot of ICOs will require large, or early investors with a significant discount to also accept a freeze period to ensure they can't crash the market and get a quick return.

waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

Dumping can not be prevented. Could you imagine the situation when everybody buying crypto and don't sell? No!

prukerohen

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:09:42 AM

Is there really a way that this can be prevented? Whatever choice any individual decides to make as regards their own tokens or coins cannot exactly be controlled, so this dumping of a thing cannot be controlled or prevented really. The only thing is team members of a coin have found a way of delaying these actions by not distributing tokens on time to bounty hunters, as they are usually behind these dumpings.
pioum

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 01:13:26 AM

During the last 6 months. Only a few amount of ICO didn't dump after a listing on an exchange

Most of them had the price decreasing. To avoid that, I am not participating in ICO's anymore and I am just buying after listing
Theldal

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:19:31 AM

lol this is our free will to hodl coins, the best way to prevent is only hard work of developers and their product because every coin should offer something this one what offer something like BTC (transactions) dont have rly future
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:26:30 AM

My suggestion is that the team should not be giving bonus during the crowd sale or private sales and bounty tokens should not be release to bounty hunter all at once, they should be releasing let's 5 - 10 % of bounty tokens once every month, three months, this will prevent dump.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:28:45 AM

Asking people not to sell at a price they want to? Not gunna happen, people will always dump. Personally I dont mind people dumping as it further distributes the coin into the community, plus if you have faith in the said coin you can purchase it at a good price.

The best prevention of a mass dump is producing a well coded working product.
Babyhouse

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:37:58 AM

Well, many project developers choose to luck their token from different people to avoid to much amount of token to be dump in a market. But I think the first thing to do is have alot of exchange sites for the volume to be divided.
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:46:47 AM

dumping is inevitable because once you unlock a token, there is nothing you can do about it because you are no longer in control of the coins any more, the users do what ever they wished with it, if they want to sell low, you can't stop them.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:47:23 AM

The only way project developers can prevent dumping of their token is to develop their platform, people dumped their coins because of lost of trust on the project, if the project is good there will always be a new taker for a dumped token, you cannot stopped people from dumping their shares because they work for it or bought it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: