Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in developing or investing in the development of a coin?  (Read 3932 times)
jonnysomething (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

Hi Jonny,
 I'm interesed if you still are, I'm based in Europe.
 Initially, if you could break it down into what you have and what you need, besides funding.
 I mean what can you bring in and what do you need?

Target audience, marketing, domainnames and names are not to be mentioned.

I also have a number of good ideas.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest!

What I bring to the table is the idea, marketing experience, my contacts (I manage a 150k+ follower twitter account, 50k+ FB and so on... with multiple celebrity followers I interact with regularly. Most of the celebs that follow it are the target audience and would be interested in the project. Any interest from them would gain it a lot of publicity -- However, the account itself is not directly related to the industry the coin is in, but could still be used for some promo). As well, I have someone currently starting up their own business that is interested in hosting everything from the get go, if he likes what he hears after I have him sign an NDA.

What I need is people with experience developing crypto. I am not a coder, and have absolutely no experience in coding and don't want to half-ass the infrastructure of this coin. I want an experienced team. I want a windows, mac, online and mobile wallet before launch. I want this to be done right.

What do you bring to the table?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:15:28 PM

Are you saying I shouldn't have given you the entire idea, my address, SIN and credit card numbers?
Shit. Please don't open that message.

Awright, awright. Just to make sure, I ate it  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:59:29 AM

What info would you like to know? Specifics regarding the coin can not be discussed on a public forum for obvious reasons, but I will answer any questions I can without giving too much away.

What are the obvious reasons? Of the few that have posted ideas for different ways of doing it, none have been implemented. Nobody here does anything except copy code and change a few variables. Unless you are doing something other than copying bitcoin for 99.9% of your code, your idea is probably underwhelming too regardless if there is some perceived market for it.

Agreed 100%, already this person is trying to hide and or corner and idea for himself which shows clearly already that this project will be about themselves being served and not any kind of community.

Ill give some advice to the op...if you have an idea and its "all ready to be implemented" then sharing the idea with the public is only right, usually the idea costs more money and time to get it out before you..but what you have to remember is that this is a community thing and you want to already hide things from the public.. and that throws alarm bells up for me. If you are not ready to talk to this community here in this forum about your idea and get it realized publicly then you don't belong here and you don't get what open source is.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:48:23 AM

What info would you like to know? Specifics regarding the coin can not be discussed on a public forum for obvious reasons, but I will answer any questions I can without giving too much away.

What are the obvious reasons? Of the few that have posted ideas for different ways of doing it, none have been implemented. Nobody here does anything except copy code and change a few variables. Unless you are doing something other than copying bitcoin for 99.9% of your code, your idea is probably underwhelming too regardless if there is some perceived market for it.

Agreed 100%, already this person is trying to hide and or corner and idea for himself which shows clearly already that this project will be about themselves being served and not any kind of community.

Ill give some advice to the op...if you have an idea and its "all ready to be implemented" then sharing the idea with the public is only right, usually the idea costs more money and time to get it out before you..but what you have to remember is that this is a community thing and you want to already hide things from the public.. and that throws alarm bells up for me. If you are not ready to talk to this community here in this forum about your idea and get it realized publicly then you don't belong here and you don't get what open source is.

Do you actually not understand why I am not able to answer detailed specifics regarding the coin? I don't see any of your unanswered questions sitting around, but maybe I missed them. The reason I am "trying to hide and/or corner an idea for myself", as you put it, is not about self-serving interests, it's about not being an idiot and posting an undeveloped project on a public forum for other people to steal. Your assumptions are absolutely ridiculous and completely unfounded.

I'm not "already hiding things from the public", as you say. This is not a press release, or any sort of release of public information. I'm asking for interested parties to contact me. Any person I discuss this with would be required to sign an NDA.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. But I do not appreciate your attitude regarding my post.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:44:34 AM

Do you actually not understand why I am not able to answer detailed specifics regarding the coin? I don't see any of your unanswered questions sitting around, but maybe I missed them. The reason I am "trying to hide and/or corner an idea for myself", as you put it, is not about self-serving interests, it's about not being an idiot and posting an undeveloped project on a public forum for other people to steal. Your assumptions are absolutely ridiculous and completely unfounded.

I'm not "already hiding things from the public", as you say. This is not a press release, or any sort of release of public information. I'm asking for interested parties to contact me. Any person I discuss this with would be required to sign an NDA.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. But I do not appreciate your attitude regarding my post.
I still think you are not getting it..You don't own a coin, if you release one its for a good cause but if you hide the details and get NDA signed mate! you are trying to corner the idea and you are not really contributing anything..And for someone to "steal". Someone has to own it first..I think you need to go back to the drawing board here and work out what space you are in here because it certainly is not a ripple space!
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:59:17 AM

I still think you are not getting it..You don't own a coin, if you release one its for a good cause but if you hide the details and get NDA signed mate! you are trying to corner the idea and you are not really contributing anything..And for someone to "steal". Someone has to own it first..I think you need to go back to the drawing board here and work out what space you are in here because it certainly is not a ripple space!

No, I think you're still not getting it. I'm not saying I "own the coin". I want to develop the coin. I want to create the coin. Do you not understand how every single coin you've ever mined or invested in works? Every single one of them, someone at some point thought "Hey, this would be a good idea" or "Hey, this would be a good scam" and went and got a team together and created it. The fact that you don't have a basic understanding of this makes me not care about your opinion in the slightest, because someone as astonishingly simple as you would be of no use to me.

TL;DU (Too long, didn't understand): I have an idea. That idea is for a crypto coin for a certain industry, with a certain use. The idea has not been done before. I am currently looking for people who would be interested in developing it with me. Releasing specific details about the coin would be idiotic, if you don't understand this, you're an idiot.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:18:16 AM

No, I think you're still not getting it. I'm not saying I "own the coin". I want to develop the coin. I want to create the coin. Do you not understand how every single coin you've ever mined or invested in works? Every single one of them, someone at some point thought "Hey, this would be a good idea" or "Hey, this would be a good scam" and went and got a team together and created it. The fact that you don't have a basic understanding of this makes me not care about your opinion in the slightest, because someone as astonishingly simple as you would be of no use to me.

TL;DU (Too long, didn't understand): I have an idea. That idea is for a crypto coin for a certain industry, with a certain use. The idea has not been done before. I am currently looking for people who would be interested in developing it with me. Releasing specific details about the coin would be idiotic, if you don't understand this, you're an idiot.

Yes to release it before anyone else to benefit yourself!, I have made my point and you have helped me make it thank you and good luck. I only got a team together and brought mincoin back to life but meh what do i know right. mincoin.io
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:34:43 AM

Yes to release it before anyone else to benefit yourself!, I have made my point and you have helped me make it thank you and good luck. I only got a team together and brought mincoin back to life but meh what do i know right. mincoin.io

So you brought a coin that was already developed back to life. At one point, someone had the idea for mincoin and got some people together and created it. THAT IS THE POINT THAT MY COIN IS AT. And posting that idea on a public forum would be stupid. Excellent attempt an authoritative argument though, your opinion is still as valuable as it was before you made your useless brag post.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:47:10 AM

I had a similar idea I posted in the Greek forum. I also have ideas for a great coin But financially not there yet to put my money where my mouth is. I would be interested if you do an IPO and we can buy a share I could come in then and also help promote it as I am a coin blogger. Smiley

This launch won't be like your standard coin launch, however, there will be a period where investors will be able to get involved. I'll be posting here looking for what would be considered IPO investors, but that will come closer to launch. Hopefully we can work together!

Bumping this up once. Anyone interested in developing a 100% scam proof coin?

I am interested.

What experience do you bring to the table, or are you interested in investing?
Also, where are you located?

Unless this coin would actually differ from other coins, which from reading your TS it doesn't, I suggest you save us the hassle of seeing another altcoin fail.

I have disclosed little to no information regarding the coin itself, so I'm not sure why you're dismissing it. This coin is not a scam, it will not fail, it's being designed for a purpose, with an actual use, for an industry that will want to use it (I've done some market research). It's not going to be some halfassed clone set up to make me rich because I thought of a clever name, however, everyone involved will likely get very rich.

It will honestly be like no other coin.

Investment, promotion. Will host a pool on my server. If you follow the model of Heavycoins roll out you will go far.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:04:26 AM

I had a similar idea I posted in the Greek forum. I also have ideas for a great coin But financially not there yet to put my money where my mouth is. I would be interested if you do an IPO and we can buy a share I could come in then and also help promote it as I am a coin blogger. Smiley

This launch won't be like your standard coin launch, however, there will be a period where investors will be able to get involved. I'll be posting here looking for what would be considered IPO investors, but that will come closer to launch. Hopefully we can work together!

I am interested.

Unless this coin would actually differ from other coins, which from reading your TS it doesn't, I suggest you save us the hassle of seeing another altcoin fail.

I have disclosed little to no information regarding the coin itself, so I'm not sure why you're dismissing it. This coin is not a scam, it will not fail, it's being designed for a purpose, with an actual use, for an industry that will want to use it (I've done some market research). It's not going to be some halfassed clone set up to make me rich because I thought of a clever name, however, everyone involved will likely get very rich.

Investment, promotion. Will host a pool on my server. If you follow the model of Heavycoins roll out you will go far.

What do you like and dislike about heavycoin's roll out so far?

I will definitely keep you in mind. If you can send me your email and name in a PM, I will add it to my list of contacts for this project.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:05:26 AM

...realized publicly then you don't belong here and you don't get what open source is.

For-profit companies are allowed to use Open Source projects. I "get what open source is" (i.e. mutual benefit/community sharing), and we welcome all types including people who want to make money.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:24:12 AM

I am interested.

I will definitely keep you in mind. If you can send me your email and name in a PM, I will add it to my list of contacts for this project.

dislike: cpu mining only

PM sent

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:45:46 AM

I am interested.

dislike: cpu mining only

PM sent

Same opinion. Hopefully we can work together in the future!

...realized publicly then you don't belong here and you don't get what open source is.

For-profit companies are allowed to use Open Source projects. I "get what open source is" (i.e. mutual benefit/community sharing), and we welcome all types including people who want to make money.

Thank you. I think the people questioning my motives are simply misunderstanding what it is I'm posting about.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:11:14 PM

So you brought a coin that was already developed back to life. At one point, someone had the idea for mincoin and got some people together and created it. THAT IS THE POINT THAT MY COIN IS AT. And posting that idea on a public forum would be stupid. Excellent attempt an authoritative argument though, your opinion is still as valuable as it was before you made your useless brag post.

I'm actually simply trying to bring your clouded awareness to the fact that usually by the time you have an idea like you think you do. It would be very difficult for someone to steal it  because of the lead you actually have..that theory is sound and stands and hey, why would it matter if someone did steal it..

That is my second point, you are clearly trying to corner something you are very volatile in your posts about doing that, you feel misunderstood and i'm seeing alarm bells. You sir are a bit confused here, you are trying to keep safe your idea and thats fine if it was not to do with something that is to be used as money or even a commodity.

I fear that you fail to see how your actions right now are alarming. You think you have a good idea and want to hide it so no one steals your glory . I say to you that you are in the wrong game to be searching for glory and could take a leaf out of the white paper for bitcoin stick it to your mirror and read the parts where it describes what this is all about and remember this is about changing the world and providing it the tools to better handle its money.

You are already starting off on the wrong foot in my opinion and should just sit down and sit with yourself for a minute and be real about your intentions here because to me they are clear. If you think i'm annoying, wait until the trolls pick your apart for the exact same thing but not in the way i am trying to get through to you.

May i ask also, are you worried people wont like your idea or worried they will take your idea and realize it before you. because if its yes to either one or both you are in trouble and that is my point.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:38:06 PM

Woops, just saw this now when I came to bump it. My response:

I'm actually simply trying to bring your clouded awareness to the fact that usually by the time you have an idea like you think you do. It would be very difficult for someone to steal it  because of the lead you actually have..that theory is sound and stands and hey, why would it matter if someone did steal it..
So you're telling me I should release my idea for a brand, product and coin because "usually people have a good lead". That theory is NOT sound.
Why would it matter if someone stole it? Because simply mentioning what industry it is for would giveaway the name, which could then be used for a scam coin, or a coin cloner could launch a shitty coin for the purpose I have. The fact that I have to explain these issues to you makes me know I am completely wasting my time. You do not have the brain power to help develop a coin.

That is my second point, you are clearly trying to corner something you are very volatile in your posts about doing that, you feel misunderstood and i'm seeing alarm bells. You sir are a bit confused here, you are trying to keep safe your idea and thats fine if it was not to do with something that is to be used as money or even a commodity.

I am very confident that you do not know what the word volatile means. I am trying to "keep safe my idea" because this is a PUBLIC FORUM. I am not confused. I would love for someone other than you to read this and actually think that I am confused. I am trying to be as polite as possible, but you're an imbecil.

I fear that you fail to see how your actions right now are alarming.
That's fine if you feel that way. No one else is alarmed except for your confused ass and I've had several people contact me regarding the project.

You think you have a good idea and want to hide it so no one steals your glory.
Nope, this is just an ignorant assumption you're making. I have a good idea, and I'm looking for talented individuals looking to develop that. You're upset that I won't give you my idea. It's cool man.

I say to you that you are in the wrong game to be searching for glory and could take a leaf out of the white paper for bitcoin stick it to your mirror and read the parts where it describes what this is all about and remember this is about changing the world and providing it the tools to better handle its money.
Who is looking for glory? These are your words, not mine, and anyone aside from you can see that. I am looking to create a project. If that project succeeds, I, as well as everyone involved, will make a lot of money in an honest way. I'm an entrepreneur, a successful one at that, and your "advice" or questions or whatever the hell it is you are even responding with are embarrassing. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, but keep responding because you're just bumping this thread and allowing people with actual skills to see this and contact me.

You are already starting off on the wrong foot in my opinion and should just sit down and sit with yourself for a minute and be real about your intentions here because to me they are clear. If you think i'm annoying, wait until the trolls pick your apart for the exact same thing but not in the way i am trying to get through to you.
The one thing you got right all night, is that all of this is your opinion. Based on absolutely nothing. Do you not find it strange that other people aren't crying the same bullshit as you? Do you not find it strange that no one else is questioning me? Or do you think you're speaking for the masses? There will be few trolls when this coin launches, because it's going to be a transparent project. But if you can't understand why it's private right now, well... you're just living up to the very low IQ I pegged you for.

May i ask also, are you worried people wont like your idea or worried they will take your idea and realize it before you. because if its yes to either one or both you are in trouble and that is my point.
Well, first off, I've done market research. Something you would know if you were capable of actually reading. So no, I am not worried if people will like my idea - everyone in the industry I have discussed it with is VERY excited, because my idea is revolutionary. So no, I'm not worried about whether or not it will be a success in the industry it is going to be designed for. I'm not worried about getting the crypto community on it and I'm not worried about having to fight off trolls - why? Because of the plan I have in place. A plan I WILL NOT DISCUSS WITH YOU SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK AND THEN CALL ME A SCAMMER WHEN I SAY I WON'T. I do not know you. I will not share my business idea with you. I will not share my business idea on a public forum before it is ready to be launched. I will compare this interaction to being as pleasent as a wet fart.

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:44:58 PM

i am willing to invest if its really something new, until then were all just wondering here  Roll Eyes

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
koby

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:50:58 PM

I don't care what kind of coin it is, how do I make a lot of money with that?
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:13:50 PM

i am willing to invest if its really something new, until then were all just wondering here  Roll Eyes
If you would like, you can PM me your email and I will add it to the contacts for this project.

Right now, these are the very start of the development stages, so unless you're interested in being a partner, there isn't room for small investment just yet.

I will say that this coin will have value before it hits any exchanges.
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:16:01 PM

How will this coin different from other coins? What's its unique selling point? We don't need a coin for each industry/job/object and so on. (For instance carcoin, doctorcoin, restaurantcoin, laptopcoin and so on).

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:20:04 PM

I don't care what kind of coin it is, how do I make a lot of money with that?
That depends - are you interested in the development, or just looking for a small investment in to an IPO? Something like that wouldn't be available for a little while, if at all.

Right now I'm looking for people that want to develop the project and big time investors.

How will this coin different from other coins? What's its unique selling point? We don't need a coin for each industry/job/object and so on. (For instance carcoin, doctorcoin, restaurantcoin, laptopcoin and so on).
I completely agree with you, we don't need those. There are a few that could work in the future (say, Taxi coin built in to an APP), but I don't believe any are needed. My coin IS specific to an industry/group of people, but not in any way that has been done before, and not in a useless way.

The way it will be different is that this coin will be designed for the people who will actually use it, rather than the miners. It will be introduced to them first (I've already had an amazing show of interest) and brought to the online community once it's already in the hands of those that will have a use for it. At launch, I want to have EVERYTHING ready to go. Wallets, online wallets, exchanges, apps, pools and stores to spend it at.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: