Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in developing or investing in the development of a coin?  (Read 3932 times)
jonnysomething (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:14:18 AM

Hi,

I've been interested in cryptcurrencies for a long time now, convinced myself to invest some money about 6 months ago and finally committed to building my own mining rig about a month and a half ago. Now, I want to take it a step further.

In my personal life, I am a successfully self-employed individual. I'm an idea man, and the idea I have for a coin is good. I will not discuss the idea with anyone without first going through the process of an NDA, but I will say that the industry I want to create the coin for will want one, the marketing idea behind it is in place, the name has never been used by a scam coin, and it plays on people's natural desires to succeed.

At this time, I have a person waiting to discuss the specific details of the coin once I send him an NDA. This person is potentially interested in hosting it as he is currently launching his own company. As well, I have people across North America that could assist in the implementation of the coin in to the industry.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please contact me. This coin will be like no other coin that has ever existed.

Jonny
delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:21:14 AM

have you been active in any forum? outside this one?

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:24:42 AM

With this username, no. I actually came up with this username recently while changing my PSN from my real name.

On Reddit, I have multiple accounts because I hate the karma system. PM me and I will link you to one of my accounts if you would like.

Edit/ I've been active on the SexCoin forum under the name "jdoge" which is a name I've used around online because of my interest in Dogecoin. However, I decided to step away from that for the time being as the dev team is changing up right now.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:01:10 PM

Bumping this up once. Anyone interested in developing a 100% scam proof coin?
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:23:10 PM

I had a similar idea I posted in the Greek forum. I also have ideas for a great coin But financially not there yet to put my money where my mouth is. I would be interested if you do an IPO and we can buy a share I could come in then and also help promote it as I am a coin blogger. Smiley
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:28:48 PM

I am interested.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:30:13 PM

Unless this coin would actually differ from other coins, which from reading your TS it doesn't, I suggest you save us the hassle of seeing another altcoin fail.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:44:15 AM

I had a similar idea I posted in the Greek forum. I also have ideas for a great coin But financially not there yet to put my money where my mouth is. I would be interested if you do an IPO and we can buy a share I could come in then and also help promote it as I am a coin blogger. Smiley

This launch won't be like your standard coin launch, however, there will be a period where investors will be able to get involved. I'll be posting here looking for what would be considered IPO investors, but that will come closer to launch. Hopefully we can work together!

I am interested.

What experience do you bring to the table, or are you interested in investing?
Also, where are you located?

Unless this coin would actually differ from other coins, which from reading your TS it doesn't, I suggest you save us the hassle of seeing another altcoin fail.

I have disclosed little to no information regarding the coin itself, so I'm not sure why you're dismissing it. This coin is not a scam, it will not fail, it's being designed for a purpose, with an actual use, for an industry that will want to use it (I've done some market research). It's not going to be some halfassed clone set up to make me rich because I thought of a clever name, however, everyone involved will likely get very rich.

It will honestly be like no other coin.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:17:21 AM

Post more info, plz.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:46:52 AM

Post more info, plz.

What info would you like to know? Specifics regarding the coin can not be discussed on a public forum for obvious reasons, but I will answer any questions I can without giving too much away.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:53:01 AM

What info would you like to know? Specifics regarding the coin can not be discussed on a public forum for obvious reasons, but I will answer any questions I can without giving too much away.

I wanted specifics about the coin. But if u can't tell them, never mind.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:10:52 PM

I have disclosed little to no information regarding the coin itself, so I'm not sure why you're dismissing it. This coin is not a scam, it will not fail, it's being designed for a purpose, with an actual use, for an industry that will want to use it (I've done some market research). It's not going to be some halfassed clone set up to make me rich because I thought of a clever name, however, everyone involved will likely get very rich.

Want a real kicker? Come up with a coin that's backed by something tangible. You said you've done some market research. Have you found a company that's willing to offer coupons in crypto form?

In Canada, where I live, there's a very well-established and well-known precedent for that kind of cyber. Formally, it's "Canadian Tire Cash Bonus Coupons". Informally, it's called "Canadian Tire money."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tire_money

If you can take the framework of "Canadian Tire money" and translate it into crypto form, with the co-operation of a company willing to accept your cryptos as "Cash Bonus Coupons," you'll have something that's really innovative in the business sense. You'll also have something on your resume if Wal-Mart comes calling  Grin

More to the point, you'd have a cyber that would be very difficult to objectively call a scamcoin.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:15:05 PM

Please no more coins! You and every other person who comes into the cryptocoin space all have the same thoughts and you are just diluting the whole space and soon if this keeps going
no one will be making any kind of quality or money because you are confusing the world diluting the money and skills that are cryptocoin based.

Jump on and support one of the pre established coins.. you will find you are able to add any ideas you have to any of these coins, adding another one is extremely unwise in my opinion amirite?

Pm me if you would like to talk about your ideas and maybe we can get it setup with an already established coin. with a user base, skilled coders and a bright future
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:13:50 PM

I wanted specifics about the coin. But if u can't tell them, never mind.

I'm sure you can understand why I can't provide specifics about the coin. That would be a very bad business move. If you are someone seriously interested in developing or investing in something new and different from everything currently on the market, this is the project for you. Don't let now having information before signing an NDA be a reason for you to pass up an amazing opportunity and for me to miss out on possibly an excellent partner.

I understand you're likely used to seeing posts like this every day, but as I said, I'm not active on many forums - I don't run around hopped up on my latest idea. I have been lucky in life, but I have been successful. This is because I put a lot of thought in to my actions before I make them and my choice to seek help on the internet comes now after I'm certain I understand what I'm getting myself in to.

Want a real kicker? Come up with a coin that's backed by something tangible. You said you've done some market research. Have you found a company that's willing to offer coupons in crypto form?

In Canada, where I live, there's a very well-established and well-known precedent for that kind of cyber. Formally, it's "Canadian Tire Cash Bonus Coupons". Informally, it's called "Canadian Tire money."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tire_money

If you can take the framework of "Canadian Tire money" and translate it into crypto form, with the co-operation of a company willing to accept your cryptos as "Cash Bonus Coupons," you'll have something that's really innovative in the business sense. You'll also have something on your resume if Wal-Mart comes calling  Grin

More to the point, you'd have a cyber that would be very difficult to objectively call a scamcoin.

A fellow Canadian, this is a good sign! What province? I'm in Ontario (Toronto, specifically).

You're on the right track. So much so, that while brainstorming I took aspects of Canadian Tire Money for marketing plans in the future. I can guarantee (as much as any stranger on the internet can) that this coin will not be, and can not be a scam. This coin will serve a purpose, will fill a need, and will be in demand. Top it off with an extremely marketable name, and you have the recipe for success.

I'm hoping you live in Toronto and are interested in my project, because ultimately I would rather face-to-face meetings when discussing something as big as this.

Please no more coins! You and every other person who comes into the cryptocoin space all have the same thoughts and you are just diluting the whole space and soon if this keeps going
no one will be making any kind of quality or money because you are confusing the world diluting the money and skills that are cryptocoin based.

Jump on and support one of the pre established coins.. you will find you are able to add any ideas you have to any of these coins, adding another one is extremely unwise in my opinion amirite?

Pm me if you would like to talk about your ideas and maybe we can get it setup with an already established coin. with a user base, skilled coders and a bright future

I can pretty much guarantee that no one has had the idea that I have, yet. I want to create a coin with a purpose, rather than all these coins that I don't even understand why they have a value. A coin needs more than a catchy name to succeed and that's what I have.

My project wouldn't work with another coin, because the name is part of it's success. If you have access to skilled coders and want to get involved with a project with a future, we should talk. But I promise you this is not another pump and dump diluting the crypto market.
etlase3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:47:02 PM

What are the obvious reasons? Of the few that have posted ideas for different ways of doing it, none have been implemented. Nobody here does anything except copy code and change a few variables. Unless you are doing something other than copying bitcoin for 99.9% of your code, your idea is probably underwhelming too regardless if there is some perceived market for it.
jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

What are the obvious reasons? Of the few that have posted ideas for different ways of doing it, none have been implemented. Nobody here does anything except copy code and change a few variables. Unless you are doing something other than copying bitcoin for 99.9% of your code, your idea is probably underwhelming too regardless if there is some perceived market for it.

My idea is not different from Bitcoin or Litecoin on the coding side of it. Well, it could be, that would be discussed when I'm speaking with the people who will be coding this project, as I personally don't have experience there. I'm not trying to sell it as different in that way. What will be different is the use. Bitcoin and Litecoin could be used for what I want to do, because they could be used to do anything... but without a shadow of doubt in my mind I can 100% guarantee that it never will. It simply would not make sense. I understand this is probably confusing, it would make sense if I was able to release more information, but I can't.

I am doing something other than copying bitcoin for 99.9% of my code, because my code isn't what is going to make this coin different.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

A fellow Canadian, this is a good sign! What province? I'm in Ontario (Toronto, specifically).

You're on the right track. So much so, that while brainstorming I took aspects of Canadian Tire Money for marketing plans in the future. I can guarantee (as much as any stranger on the internet can) that this coin will not be, and can not be a scam. This coin will serve a purpose, will fill a need, and will be in demand. Top it off with an extremely marketable name, and you have the recipe for success.

I'm hoping you live in Toronto and are interested in my project, because ultimately I would rather face-to-face meetings when discussing something as big as this.

Right on both counts. I live in Hogtown too.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:18:05 PM

Incredible. I'll send you a PM and hopefully we can meet up to discuss this.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:36:39 PM

Feel free not to divulge any mission-critical confidential info.

jonnysomething (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:46:29 PM

Feel free not to divulge any mission-critical confidential info.

Are you saying I shouldn't have given you the entire idea, my address, SIN and credit card numbers?
Shit. Please don't open that message.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: