Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 10:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extreme Long Private KEy..  (Read 223 times)
ramarajan (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:30:44 AM

Hello guys...

I have find a private key or something else its 98 character long and it looks like

etnkfghv1FFA..........................................................nAP52rz9o jDro

what can it be ? bitcoin privates are shorter....somthing compressed ??

then i also have found a BitGo KeyCard but no idea haw to check the balance ohr what else to do with the keys...anybody an idea....i think the balance would be 0 but iwould like to know the proces haw to chek it...if ther is somthing there i will share...leve your adresses at comments...

brg
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:21:31 AM

I have find a private key or something else its 98 character long and it looks like

etnkfghv1FFA..........................................................nAP52rz9o jDro

what can it be ? bitcoin privates are shorter....somthing compressed ??

Private keys are shorter and do not start with an 'e'.
98 characters seems to be unrelated to bitcoin in any way.

At least i can't imagine which format this should be.. From when is this 'key' ?
Do you remember which wallets you were using ? And where did you find this 'key' ?

then i also have found a BitGo KeyCard but no idea haw to check the balance ohr what else to do with the keys...anybody an idea....i think the balance would be 0 but iwould like to know the proces haw to chek it...if ther is somthing there i will share...leve your adresses at comments...

With KeyCard you are refering to the backup you are supposed to print out, correct ?
If so, there should be a master private key (starting with xpriv..). This is the key which generates all of your private keys.

If you want to access your funds, you can simply import this xpriv into a lightweight wallet (e.g. https://electrum.org/#home).
If you only want to check your balance, you would need to import the xpub key (if there is one at all).

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 5763

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:51:06 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 08:05:17 AM by nc50lc
Merited by Lucius (1)

First look and I remembered that private keys, public keys and addresses by Electroneum (ETN) have "etn" as its first three characters.
I will edit this shortly after checking one of the etn address from my wallet.

-Edit-
Okay, ETN private keys didn't start with etn, but the address does, and mine contains 100 characters.
But this strongly suggests that it might be an ETN address which didn't have much of a use without its Private Spend key as they call it (equivalent to Private key)
However, you cannot check the address' balance since their blockexplorer doesn't allow ETN addresses' balance to be viewed by everyone (privacy issues)

There's still a chance that it could be something else.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ramarajan (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:18:35 PM

could it be 2 keys together ? where should i separate it ?

im sure its a private key from a wallet but from what ? what kays have the lenght of 97 98 vharacters ?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 5763

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:24:11 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 06:41:28 AM by nc50lc

could it be 2 keys together ? where should i separate it ?

im sure its a private key from a wallet but from what ? what kays have the lenght of 97 98 vharacters ?
As for bitcoin, compressed privates key consist of 52 characters and should start with "L" or "K".
If uncompressed, 51 characters that starts with "5".

I can only suggest that it is an Electroneum (Public Wallet) address.

Here's an example of an ETN address: etnkNg655xHbLb86HJaLD4TbvDqkoE5oqTpNaW98928pZVfArPBkMKiVZA8NCWMakqFxV8UMskBjJVX DTUuYNSTP9AzGTtotQs
its private (spend) key starts with 70e.... and the private (view) key starts with 994.... (both has 64 characters)
with that info, try to find which is which.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████