Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicate values  (Read 652 times)
romanticon (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 05:52:57 PM

Hi, How the Bitcoin network checks for the same block number creation in two different wallets ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:00:19 PM

Mh...can you explain better? Same private key?

romanticon (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:06:54 PM

Yep, your machine is generating numbers that will become a blocks and my , I can
understand that in that bit size it is not very common but you know when
all the world will use Bitcoins it is possible, or maybe I am missing something.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:13:04 PM

ooh! you mean like block being generated, like transactions and the next block. but not the same
right? do i understand the problem correctly, or have i missed something?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
romanticon (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:16:43 PM

I mean , to generate the block all I need is  to find a number  that is lower than a target ,
what if you will find the same number in the same time or nearby and will claim the ownership
on the money in the block.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:22:53 PM

I mean , to generate the block all I need is  to find a number  that is lower than a target ,
what if you will find the same number in the same time or nearby and will claim the ownership
on the money in the block.
oh now i understand! they can't find the same block, with the same hash(yes they can but its very very unlikely.). because the ownership of the reward, is a transaction in the block. that transaction is used to build the merkel tree, along with all the others transactions. and that merkel root will be included in the block, and it will change the hash of the block.

that why you also not can steal others blocks, if you tryed to put in a fake reward transaction, the block hash would change, and thereby invalidating the block.

for another time, please specify in the first post please, we can't understand you otherwise.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
romanticon (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:28:58 PM

for another time, please specify in the first post please, we can't understand you otherwise.

What do you mean ?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 06:32:02 PM

What do you mean ?
Hi, How the Bitcoin network checks for the same block number creation in two different wallets ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: