Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop SCAM in the ICO market  (Read 14226 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

Hi, guys.
I have an idea how to stop the scam-projects. I have the team who is developing MVP for this idea now. Release of beta-version will be soon.

Please, tell me would you invest in a project which:
1. Has a really working MVP
2. Unites all of stakeholders in the ICO market
3. Stops the scam-projects
4. Creates a marketpace for easy communication and cooperation

What do you think about it?

Update:

We are developing a social network for crypto investors, asset managers and ICO-projects. Our main idea is to collect all ICO-market participants in one space  and obtain a scale effect. Based on this effect, we are going to create services that allow users to trust each other and to provide scam protection.

The social network’s main audience is crypto investors, and we offer the following advantages for them:
   1. Service of scoring and scam protection
   2. Successful asset managers and the opportunity to transfer money into trust management
   3. A large number of useful materials and familiar and convenient interface

More information how everything works you can find here - https://telegra.ph/ICO-scam-protection-08-28
The branch of the project on the GitHub is here - https://github.com/pyshopml2

Now all the forces are concentrated on the creation of MVP. Therefore, we don’t run any social channels except bitcointalk.  This channel is also being tested. We want to understand how much our product will attract a potential audience. The release of MVP will appear within two months.

We will be answering all the questions in this branch within 24 hours. Also here you can find all information updates.

Thanks for your attention!
It may fly just a little bit if you actually have such a platform ready. It is a great idea for a lot of investors to find a way to detect scams, but I am still trying to picture how the stopping of the scam project is going to be effective.

It is a good thing you have a team developing the MVP for the idea, and I guess we just have to wait to see the real life product in action. Overall, it is a very interesting one if all those things you mentioned can be put in place, and won't be a bad idea at all.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 599

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:35:31 AM

Perhaps if the OP can provide some concrete evidence that they have called a lot of scam ICO's then its going to be easy for us to take him seriously. However, it doesn't make sense to come out with another ICO and raised funds (correct if me I'm wrong), to fight against scammy one.

You can call them anytime here in the forum and post proof that they are indeed scammers with fake teams, plagiarised white papers, github repositories with nothing to show or updates, etc.

Its hard to stop those ICO's, they are like 2 steps ahead, but doing due diligence is our best weapon and this forum's Scam Accusations thread is a good way to snoop https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 and see ICO projects being mentioned as a fraud.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Dhanems

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:21:39 AM

i'd love to, if only this project is not a scam, other than being able to stop the scam, it can also detect and prevent a scam before a scam occurs to avoid losses to investors
How can we know is that project anyway:).we don't know right ,unless developer still active😂😂😂but some project become successful and other is not,well is risk to invest.everything it's upto you.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:08:08 PM

The ICO scam was not dead in 2018. Due to the regulation of ico in some countries and the understanding of blockchain by investors, ico's scam is decreasing!
In the future, there will definitely be more ICO projects that continue to fail, and we need to make wise investment decisions!
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:17:25 PM

Another bunch of people that will promise us about the issue scamming but in the end,will only favor them for profit.

I wish your project will really dedicated in helping people here towards this damn scammers that pushing away investors and aspiring one.hoping that by chance this people are truly wanted to help not just to gain
A.SanchezNo7

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:50:56 PM

Very thank you for your ideas. What you do is really nice. I will always support you. However I find it very hard to permanently remove the scam in the realm of cryptocurrency because of cryptocurrency itself has been very difficult to control. I will always follow you and wish you success!
talenah kotang

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:22:09 PM

It is very detrimental to investors, things like this are very difficult to stop because they are so smart. the detail details they provide are very exact to the truth so that it is difficult.
sunanbonang

Activity: 242
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:20:38 PM

ico scam must be completely eradicated completely, because ico scam can affect other ico. many ico have difficulty reaching soft caps because investors lose confidence in ico.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
RandyGamage

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

I think scammers cannot stop easily. they are at the moment inevitable. Because ICOs all about profit. everyone enters ICO to make money. what we can do is to skip them with our experience and knowledge. I wish if there is a way to stop them honestly. But at the moment I can see such a method in the crypto world. we can't even regulate them. yeah very difficult thing to do.

ico.picker (OP)

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:47:47 PM

Thank you for your responses. We will provide you with our White Paper in the near future. There will be an explanation of the project concept and the ways to achieve our goals.
And now we will answer your questions.

Question №1. How will you protect us from the scam?

Our goal is not to remove the bad effects of the scam but to prevent it by making it economically unprofitable.

Here is our plan:
1. Every project passes mandatory Due Diligence when it is being registered on our platform.
2. We do KYC of the project founders, we check the reliability of their biography, analyze the project in detail, write an audit report and attach it to the project profile.
3. We communicate with every project not only online but also offline.
4. When regulation appears, we add legal support for investments.

This is the first level of our defense described above. The number of scammers will decrease by 90% as it will be impossible to remain anonymous. Every crypto-investor will know who took his money, and where this person is.
The second level of scam protection is escrow-service. We create a smart contract that sends money in tranches. For example, the project says: "I need $ 10 million of investment. $ 1 million - for the first stage, $ 2 million - for the second, $ 3 million - for the third, etc. "

After that:
1. Money of the investors comes to a smart contract that we administer. Under the terms of the smart contract, we can’t take the money. We can send it to the project or return it to the investors.
2. We send the first tranche of investments into the project for passing  the first stage.
3. If the project fulfills the obligations, we send the second tranche, then the third, etc.
4. If the project doesn’t fulfill its obligations, we return the money to the investors.

Thus, the project doesn’t receive the full amount of money at once. It gets it in parts after passing the stages successfully. In such a situation it becomes really unprofitable to scam. Therefore, it will scare away the remaining scams and fully protect investors.

Question №2. Why will investors trust your platform?
The reason is the same - it is profitable for us to be honest. Our business is a reputational business. And only if we do our job well, we can earn the trust of investors. Thereby, we will be able to attract hundreds of projects per year. We will earn big money on commissions. Very big money.  However, only a few mistakes can destroy our reputation and instantly deprive us of clients. We do not want to lose hundreds of good projects for a few scams. Therefore, in our case honesty is not a question of morality. This is a matter of common sense.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:08:48 PM

Stoping scam in cryptocurrency require an holistic approach in other to get the best as the projects objective is sure going to be impact full, I recommend government to  get involve, in other to alter the library visions and plan.
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:08:53 PM

Horizen didn't ICO, didn't pre mine
This is where you see the real cryptocurrencies Grin

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:12:18 AM

Hi, guys.
I have an idea how to stop the scam-projects. I have the team who is developing MVP for this idea now. Release of beta-version will be soon.

Please, tell me would you invest in a project which:
1. Has a really working MVP
2. Unites all of stakeholders in the ICO market
3. Stops the scam-projects
4. Creates a marketpace for easy communication and cooperation

What do you think about it?

Update:

We are developing a social network for crypto investors, asset managers and ICO-projects. Our main idea is to collect all ICO-market participants in one space  and obtain a scale effect. Based on this effect, we are going to create services that allow users to trust each other and to provide scam protection.

The social network’s main audience is crypto investors, and we offer the following advantages for them:
   1. Service of scoring and scam protection
   2. Successful asset managers and the opportunity to transfer money into trust management
   3. A large number of useful materials and familiar and convenient interface

More information how everything works you can find here - https://telegra.ph/ICO-scam-protection-08-28
The branch of the project on the GitHub is here - https://github.com/pyshopml2

Now all the forces are concentrated on the creation of MVP. Therefore, we don’t run any social channels except bitcointalk.  This channel is also being tested. We want to understand how much our product will attract a potential audience. The release of MVP will appear within two months.

We will be answering all the questions in this branch within 24 hours. Also here you can find all information updates.

Thanks for your attention!

FAQ

Question №1. How will you protect us from the scam?

Our goal is not to remove the bad effects of the scam but to prevent it by making it economically unprofitable.

Here is our plan:
1. Every project passes mandatory Due Diligence when it is being registered on our platform.
2. We do KYC of the project founders, we check the reliability of their biography, analyze the project in detail, write an audit report and attach it to the project profile.
3. We communicate with every project not only online but also offline.
4. When regulation appears, we add legal support for investments.

This is the first level of our defense described above. The number of scammers will decrease by 90% as it will be impossible to remain anonymous. Every crypto-investor will know who took his money, and where this person is.
The second level of scam protection is escrow-service. We create a smart contract that sends money in tranches. For example, the project says: "I need $ 10 million of investment. $ 1 million - for the first stage, $ 2 million - for the second, $ 3 million - for the third, etc. "

After that:
1. Money of the investors comes to a smart contract that we administer. Under the terms of the smart contract, we can’t take the money. We can send it to the project or return it to the investors.
2. We send the first tranche of investments into the project for passing  the first stage.
3. If the project fulfills the obligations, we send the second tranche, then the third, etc.
4. If the project doesn’t fulfill its obligations, we return the money to the investors.

Thus, the project doesn’t receive the full amount of money at once. It gets it in parts after passing the stages successfully. In such a situation it becomes really unprofitable to scam. Therefore, it will scare away the remaining scams and fully protect investors.

Question №2. Why will investors trust your platform?
The reason is the same - it is profitable for us to be honest. Our business is a reputational business. And only if we do our job well, we can earn the trust of investors. Thereby, we will be able to attract hundreds of projects per year. We will earn big money on commissions. Very big money.  However, only a few mistakes can destroy our reputation and instantly deprive us of clients. We do not want to lose hundreds of good projects for a few scams. Therefore, in our case honesty is not a question of morality. This is a matter of common sense.
The thing is that there will always be a hole and these scammers always find a way to get through. I don’t think you can stop scam in any community 100%, the only best you can do is reduce the rate of scam and to do that it all relies on the people, they have to be very careful on what they are investing and avoid any ICO project that seems to be a scam. Or maybe the community can develop come kind of verification to show that an ICO is legit. But whatever… everyone should just be careful.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:38:33 AM

This is step in the right ditection.
There are so many project icos whose main target is to fleece unsuspecting investors of their hard earned money.
The time to stop them is now.
Yeah! It is really some interesting step at least after the OP updated to shed more light on the whole project idea. The fact is scam is really one of the serious things to deal with in this space and most of the time, whether we like it or not, we will always have to see new and gullible investors who are never ready to do proper diligence on their own.

As long as it is helping the community in this regard and for some of the other features the OP mentioned, I believe it is going to go a long way if executed properly.
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:27:59 AM

The idea is quite interesting and promising. Fighting fraud is very good and I think if all your ideas are implemented, then this will be a really very productive platform. You and your team will have to work a lot and then it will succeed.
kinamotorami

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:26:44 AM

Today, more and more ICO fraudulent projects, sophisticated frauds, can overtake many professional investors, while ICO has many projects of poor quality that we can not Know for sure, so follow me to invest in the altcoin that was exchanged.
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:30:26 PM

I want to draw your attention to the Bitdepositary project, which plans to fight against fraudulent projects and protect investors from ill-considered investments - https://bitdepositary.io
ico.picker (OP)

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:54:59 PM

This is step in the right ditection.
There are so many project icos whose main target is to fleece unsuspecting investors of their hard earned money.
The time to stop them is now.
Yeah! It is really some interesting step at least after the OP updated to shed more light on the whole project idea. The fact is scam is really one of the serious things to deal with in this space and most of the time, whether we like it or not, we will always have to see new and gullible investors who are never ready to do proper diligence on their own.

As long as it is helping the community in this regard and for some of the other features the OP mentioned, I believe it is going to go a long way if executed properly.

Thank you for your support. May be do you have more question about our platform?
Nexigen

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:37:46 PM

General idea of the project sounds very good and relevant. Now it is quite difficult to decide whether a fraudulent project is or not. But how in reality will such a platform work?
Eddyc

Activity: 1019
Merit: 391

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:57:09 PM

Fighting fraud is not the problem in today's market and perhaps the idea is being discussed in a simple and less comprehensive way. Either way the big problem is the ease that is found in the platforms of contracts or systems of intelligent contracts. Let's not deny that this has revolutionized the market and there are several positives that now add or can add in the near future. However the system is liberal enabling any company, team or person to create their project and publicize. Overall the project seems interesting, with social exposure people can share opinions and come to a conclusion.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: