Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 09:38:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop SCAM in the ICO market  (Read 14227 times)
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

Stop the process that today in such a beautiful location, I would probably call it a difficult task and the only thing that comes to my mind is to verify the developers and make criminal liability for improper embezzlement.
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:46:07 PM

Hi guys,

We have an idea about how to stop scam projects. We have a team who is developing an MVP for this idea now. The release of the alpha-version will be soon.

Please tell us whether would you invest in a project that:
1. has an MVP that works well.
2. unites all of the stakeholders in the ICO market.
3. stops scam projects.
4. creates a marketplace for easy communication and cooperation.

What do you think?

Update.

The most frequent question is how we are going to offer protection from scams. The answer in this article.

More info about our project:
Website
Pitch for investors
Minimum viable product

To access the MVP, you can use a demonstrate account or create your own. The demo account credentials:
icoworldtest@gmail.com

If you have any questions you can ask them in this topic or in our telegram chat.

Thank you for your attention!
If it could work then it would be helpful for everyone. They don't have to worry about scam project.
And the investors would be easier to find a good project they wish without being worried to get their money stolen.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

I think yor idea is good but this is a very subjective topic, I could remember during QTUM ICO there are alot of negativity around the project that it is a scam and I decided against investing in the project, I missed out big on the profit. I am not saying that are not pointers to a scam projects but if a team has a member that is disgruntled with the other members and was let go, it is possible for that guy to start preading lies about the project
ico.picker (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:20:29 PM

The crazy thing is that with every developed strategy and thought about how to stop scam projects, the scammers always have another smart idea to still dupe their unsuspecting victims. Really would be nice to have a regulatory body or a somewhat escrow service that through which ICO's could be bought and their sold funds would be gradually released to them as they develop and a refund to the investor is possible for a failed project

We are going to create these escrow services
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:31:42 PM

It is difficult to say they have no conscience. So they steal our money. It would be better made a worthwhile product. Experience them at least replay projects.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1142

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:41:20 PM

I think yor idea is good but this is a very subjective topic, I could remember during QTUM ICO there are alot of negativity around the project that it is a scam and I decided against investing in the project, I missed out big on the profit. I am not saying that are not pointers to a scam projects but if a team has a member that is disgruntled with the other members and was let go, it is possible for that guy to start preading lies about the project
Not all negative hear outs will really be legit or true and as you said it can be possibly spread out due to some problems with the team which is definitely right.I remembered that QTUM Ico where there would be always a negative people who do spreadout and look at it now? It did able to succeed and for those people who do took the risk do definitely gained the reward on making profits.
Stopping scam completely into this market would really be very a tough job.

oktana

Activity: 1652
Merit: 288

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 09:50:14 PM

If you can and have a team to work every day to report ICO fraud, of course it will be very difficult to learn more about the experiences of some failed ICOs and record teams in the ICO so that we can avoid ICOs, but if your platform is addressed for positive things, of course there are no problems, but the problem is if you fail to make a sale, will your project continue?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

I hope an ICO  regulating agency can be set up, that will see to the development of new ICO and  also the monitoring of the existing ones operations, When there is a regulation/control scammers will be scared to present there fake project to the agency or th regulatory body.
ico.picker (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:08:19 AM

If you can and have a team to work every day to report ICO fraud, of course it will be very difficult to learn more about the experiences of some failed ICOs and record teams in the ICO so that we can avoid ICOs, but if your platform is addressed for positive things, of course there are no problems, but the problem is if you fail to make a sale, will your project continue?

It is impossible to create a project of this magnitude without funding. Therefore, we hope for a successful tokensail. In case of failure, we will try again. And again. In the end, we will collect the necessary amount for the launch of our project. We believe in it.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

This may not be totally eradicated but can be reduced, if a possibility where ICO's could sell through an escrow like system such funds do not go to ICO companies directly such that if eventually ICO's could not achieve their said target or launch successfully or have a scam appearance or whatever of such, invested funds could be refunded back to investors but may not be 100%

ico.picker (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:31:55 PM

This may not be totally eradicated but can be reduced, if a possibility where ICO's could sell through an escrow like system such funds do not go to ICO companies directly such that if eventually ICO's could not achieve their said target or launch successfully or have a scam appearance or whatever of such, invested funds could be refunded back to investors but may not be 100%

However, it will be very close to 100%. Such a system works in the usual financial market and has proven its effectiveness.
sergey1301

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:05:17 AM

Great idea!! But I think that it is difficult (and almost impossible) to stop fraud in ico projects.
rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:11:28 AM

Hi guys,

We have an idea about how to stop scam projects. We have a team who is developing an MVP for this idea now. The release of the alpha-version will be soon.

Please tell us whether would you invest in a project that:
1. has an MVP that works well.
2. unites all of the stakeholders in the ICO market.
3. stops scam projects.
4. creates a marketplace for easy communication and cooperation.

What do you think?

Update.

The most frequent question is how we are going to offer protection from scams. The answer in this article.

More info about our project:
Website
Pitch for investors
Minimum viable product

To access the MVP, you can use a demonstrate account or create your own. The demo account credentials:
icoworldtest@gmail.com

If you have any questions you can ask them in this topic or in our telegram chat.

Thank you for your attention!
can this method be effective and stop the scam in the ICO market? if it is true it will be very good and very useful, but if you see it now there are a lot of good ICO projects, and it is difficult to distinguish it from a good ICO project.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bandungan

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:23:50 AM

stopping at the ico market is a difficult job, but if the ico team can be compact I think it can make ico a success. now there are many events if ico scam occurs because of internal factors in the company so if the team is willing to work hard I think it is a good step to achieving success ico.
shushanika

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 12:56:38 PM

I posted on this thread a while ago and mentioned that 90% of ICOs seem like a scam, then others even indicate that the 99% of projects are scam.

Here are some facts. Based on a real research that analysed the 1000+ discontinued projects their conclusion was this: While the vast majority of projects do never get completed, only 20% of projects are actually fraudulent. This number is of course still to high. But it is noteworthy that most projects at least start with the intention to create something.
Volk-05

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:11:31 PM

Actually it looks like an advertisement for a regular project, which at the end turns out to be an ordinary scam!
dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 01:40:59 PM

Do you know how to really help the market? I for example find it hard to understand how to do this, because now I see that a very large number of projects actually have signs of scam projects. It is a fact.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 01:49:43 PM

You can't fight with scam ICOs, they abuse the power of decentralized and free market Sad.
But, do not stop, maybe you can reduce at least the number of scams.
Stervyatnik

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 01:49:56 PM

With all my desire to reduce fraud, it seems to me that this will not have any success!
monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 04:03:19 PM

We can not prevent the scams of ICO but we can avoid it if we examine an ICO most of the ICOs are a good offer but often the crooks or scammers. Let's make sure we are investing and not scam, there are many ways to be sure whether or not it's a scam.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: