Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:37:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New announce from MtGOX  (Read 3467 times)
analytics

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:22:36 PM

https://www.mtgox.com/

"A call center has been established to respond to all inquiries. The call center is planned to start on March 3, 2014. All inquiries to MtGox Co., Ltd. should be made to the following telephone number:

Telephone number   +81 3-4588-3921
Working hours    Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm (Japan time)"

I think that this phone will overheat... Smiley

they lose 500 million USD of bitcoin or some such.....

they have 35 million USD in assets

this is likely a voice msg system to inform (under bankruptcy law) how that share of 35 million in assets will be handled by the bankruptcy process..as to the
bitcoin that is not real fiat under Japanese law..so that will NOT be address imho...the usd paid as an exchange for services they can track etc for fraud on such
transactions imho but the actual 'worth' of the coin....the bankruptcy guys will not touch that again imho

and as a guy who was involved in a class action suit against Washington mutual who was involved in the meltdown of real estate that helped start the
great recession 2008 ..out if 500 million of loses there ...my share was $10.38c ...I got it like 6yrs later as an example (it is framed with the check as
a life lesson will someday go up in the bathroom)

this is just something they have to do cause they went bankrupt imho..it is not gonna do much to improve mtgox owners mood imho

(will be like adding gasoline to a fire imho)

Searing

Very good point. I know it's very hard for many people who has money in MTgox to accept the fact that they lost all their funds.
They accepted the risk when they "invested" in bitcoin,using mtgox. Any investment might be lost. There is always a risk.

"invest only what you can afford to lose"  it must be the adage for those who are using Bitcoin and the exchange services.

Stop with the silly quotes.  Who would ever accept "they lost all their funds" when the facts are not clear yet.   Only a fool wouldn't keep pressing until there are solid facts.   Bitcoin won't move as well until this is resolved, and silly coindesk articles won't change that.  there will be no trust if Mtgox does in fact fold.   There isn't a single exchange that people feel is trustworthy or backed by some insurance.  So hoping bitcoin will grow after is silly until that happens (some trustworthy services).   If MtGox does fail and no funds are returned, it's going to be very bad for bitcoin.  Merchants won't use it,  banks won't accept it.   If there is some restitution, or it somehow comes back online (almost impossible),  that would be huge news for bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:15:43 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 07:09:53 PM by janos666

I really hate this phone only idea.

I am a native Hungarian and I still live in Hungary. And I was honest about this when they accepted my Hungarian papers during my account verification. They let me deposit EUR and buy BTC while they knew I am Hungarian. So, they must be aware that they had a multi-language consumer base from all over the world.

As you can see, I am able to write simple forum massages in English, but I never speak in English. I learned English from Hollywood movies and the internet. I have a terrible accent, up to the point that no one can understand me in English. And I have a hard time understanding English in real-time, when the sound quality is poor (or there is some noise, etc) and there is no subtitle.

And that's just English, I have nothing to do with Japanese. Not a sigle world. I wouldn't even recognize if somebody speaks Japan or that's something else from Asia...

So, can somebody else represent me during this phone call? Do I have to pay for somebody to make this call for me as my legal representative?
That's just stupid! Why can't I communicate in email on my own?
What if I were mute? (Thank God, I am not, but...) They never warned me that mute people should not do business there because it is possible that they will be forced to use a phone.
And let's not forget that I will have a crazy phone bill coming if I have to call Japan or USA from Hungary (these kind of things have crazy price tags here).
btc237ftw

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:31:32 PM

Use a text-reader software:)
I.E write down your text, your questions etc and let the software read it for you:)

Or just look at the forums and see what people are saying - what questions they asked and what answers they got
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:52:01 PM

I am a native Hungarian and I still live in Hungary. And I was honest about this when they accepted my Hungarian papers during my account verification. They let me deposit EUR and buy BTC while they knew I am Hungarian. So, they must be aware that they had a multi-language consumer base from all over the world.

As you can see, I am able to write simple forum massages in English, but I never speak in English. I learned English from Hollywood movies and the internet. I have a terrible accent, up to the point that no one can understand me in English. And I have a hard time understanding English in real-time, when the sound quality is poor (or there is some noise, etc) and there is no subtitle.

And that's just English, I have nothing to do with Japanese. Not a sigle world. I wouldn't even recognize if somebody speaks Japan or that's something else from Asia...

So, can somebody else represent me during this phone call? Do I have to pay for somebody to make this call for me as my legal representative?
What if I were mute? (Thank God, I am not, but...) They never warned me that mute people should not do business there because it is possible that they will be forced to use a phone.
And let's not forget that I will have a crazy phone bill coming if I have to call Japan or USA from Hungary (these kind of things have crazy price tags here).

Sent you a PM. I will be calling them on Monday I am happy to ask Questions for you as I am sure they will also be questions I would like answers to. Do not send me personal information.

janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:16:01 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 07:27:18 PM by janos666

Sent you a PM. I will be calling them on Monday I am happy to ask Questions for you as I am sure they will also be questions I would like answers to. Do not send me personal information.

That's the next point why I think this call center is a stupid idea for this purpose.

I think they very well know that it's highly probable that I want my coins I bought, or my originally deposited money, or at least a portion of these (either in coins or fiat, or in a mix of these) if possible and an estimation when it will probably be possible (if ever).
I think they can make the guess that 99.9% of the users want what they had in there (or some kind of compensation for that in any form) and they probably want it as soon as possible.

Why a call center then?

If you have to say basically the exact same thing to everybody then you should post the information on your website and/or send an email to every users with the information (what is their excuse for the current situation, what the users can possibly hope and when).

Why should everybody ask these questions repeated themself one by one and get the exact same general answers from their call center droids? (I am sure they will just follow the same template with everybody. That's what call centers do because it's what they can do.)

Anyway... Thank you for your kind offer. I am sure your questions will cover all of my possible questions.
It's not a problem until I can't do anything else but ask questions.
Problem starts if I need to negotiate with them about a possible compensation because I will be in a bad position (I will seem to be a moron...).
btc237ftw

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:27:07 PM

That's the next point why I think this call center is a stupid idea for this purpose.

I think they very well know that it's highly probable that I want my coins I bought, or my originally deposited money, or at least a portion of these (either in coins or fiat, or in a mix of these) if possible and an estimation when it will probably be possible (if ever).
I think they can guess that 99.9% of the users want what they had in there (or some kind of compensation for that in any form) and they probably want it as soon as possible (even if can wait, it's good to know that I can access my funds if and when I need to).

Why a call center then?

If you have to say basically the exact same thing to everybody then you should post the information on your website and/or send an email to every users with the information (what is their excuse for the current situation and what the users can possibly hope from now on).

The answer is simple.
All the announcements and/or information for everyone should be made on MTGox.com but private information is to be discussed privately. For example, since you cannot log into your account... aren't you afraid your account's balance is not on record? People have different, private balances on MTGox and they want to make sure it's all on the record. I took a screenshot and some other information before the shut down, luckily, but not everyone did. Furthermore, there might be (speculating here) accounts that are under seizure and/or freezes from authorities etc, such account holders will be notified via phone, which can also be monitored by authority to check the area/location where you are calling from and give you the information.

Of course, people that has something to hide will find ways to hide their locations/true identity etc, but it makes it harder for them and also, maybe a lot of them will not dare calling because voice-recognition software is not a joke these days etc etc.

They could have done this by mail... but they spend more money by doing it by phone... why?
In my opinion there are at least 2 main reasons:
1. It's more personal to give you the news about your account this way.
2. It allows them to get more information for authorities if/when needed. Voice/Location etc.
3. There might be more reasons obviously.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:18:04 PM

I guess itr is going to be impossible to make a call and find open line @ mtgox Tongue

Smiley
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

maybe it is a toll number and that is how the missing money is recouped  Cheesy

Truth is the new hatespeech.
BitcoinQTlol

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:25:39 PM

Operator: Hello, this is MtGox how can I help you?
Person: WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY!!!!!!!
Operator: *Sigh*......
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:39:53 PM

maybe it is a toll number and that is how the missing money is recouped  Cheesy

that would be a good idea hehehe Cheesy Smiley they mightr get recover from it.
sobriket

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:50:12 PM

I feel bad for you. But I guess it's time for you to do some travelling (and to consider using SkypeOut, or Viber Out when you do long-distance calls).
modrih

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:56:12 PM

Has anyone called and asked when a refund?

Sorry for my english.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: