Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 03:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Karpeles' big secret  (Read 424 times)
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

A few few weeks ago, before the complete unraveling of Gox, but I think after they stopped BTC withdrawals, I read a post on this forum that said that Mark K had said a long time ago that there was a big secret that needed protecting, because unveiling it would cause great damage to bitcoin. The context of the discussion where I read that was the malleability bug.

I dismissed it at the time, but it stuck in my head. Now on hindsight, when it appears Gox may have been operating fractional reserve for many years,  obviously Id like to find it again. Does anyone remember reading that too, and who made that claim, or even better, does anyone know what the source for that claim is (assuming there is one) ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: