Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:35:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is it still profitable to hodl  (Voting closed: September 09, 2018, 09:10:29 PM)
Should we still hodl BTC or just trade - 4 (57.1%)
What do you think about hodling - 2 (28.6%)
Don't you think hodling is past - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodling  (Read 784 times)
Encrypt01 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:10:29 PM

Hello, everyone, I was thinking if it is still profitable to hodl cryptos. Having lost by a huge margin 70% isn't this Hodl just not working. I seem to have finally had enough. What do you guys think?
focacho1

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:29:01 PM

At the moment when the panic reaches its apogee, there may be a cue ball and will unfold its trend and go up. Probably whales specially do so
denisaardelean

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:53:42 PM

Hello, everyone, I was thinking if it is still profitable to hodl cryptos. Having lost by a huge margin 70% isn't this Hodl just not working. I seem to have finally had enough. What do you guys think?
I believe that at this point you should not hold, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and adjusting very strongly, the market is in a bear market in the long term so to be able to trade successfully. It is very difficult, bitcoin prices can continue to decrease at any time and then you will greatly damage. Therefore, I believe you should only trade the date at this point.
beverly788113

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:29:46 PM

At the moment when the panic reaches its apogee, there may be a cue ball and will unfold its trend and go up. Probably whales specially do so
I think that at this point you can only think of holding the bitcoin and altcoin trading, you can see that the market is in the bearish trend in the long term and so only a small bitcoin adjustment can also be The price of altcoin is very strong. So I believe that this time you should only short-term investment in altcoin. The market is volatile and difficult to predict so always have a specific trading plan.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1286

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:45:16 PM

Everyone is at a different kever with different factors affecting their coins.
It depends on what you are holding, how much of it you have, when you
got it and what your outlook is.

If you got bitcoin at a higher value than it currently is you obviously
need to hold unkess you want to tyrn your back on crypto and never
look back. If you have a long term outlook tgen holding is what is
best.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:50:58 PM

Whales will pum cryptomarket again so for me, holding on right now can still be a good decision. The market will recover again, it can happen and we should believe on it. Your losses will become profit later on.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:03:00 AM

How long your holding? I believe not even one year, right?

You might have bought at the peak price. Bitcoin to reverse the trend it takes its own time and maybe even more than a year. If you can't hold and sell that means your booking your losses so if you don't want those funds urgently then just hold and you may recover back your losses.

I'm holding all my bitcoins and not selling at losses because I believe in cryptos.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:28:06 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 07:11:36 AM by NavI_027

Still and will always be profitable. Just depends on you whether if you will sell or patiently wait during this bearish days 'til the big spike comes. Remember that the value of your btc remains the same unless you convert it into fiat, that's the only time when you lose money. Just give btc more time to recover, maybe it will beat its ATH by the end of tbis year, who knows?

The bottomline, the profitability of your coin depends on your hands so always make the right choice. Good luck Smiley.
Neglected Person

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:29:06 AM

Today the hold word is very annoying to many. Because now the price of all the crypto market has decreased considerably. But, to hold, I think it's better to choose the best currency that those roadmaps are much better at a good daily buy & sell volume. Although the price of the currency has decreased a lot, the crypto market will be very green, the currency will be a lot of pumps.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:12:14 AM

70% lost?What coins are you holding?Did you bought bitcoin at the December ATH?
Hodling cryptos is always profitable,but the important thing is to have more patience and never give up(watching the price going down is very frustrating).If you really bought bitcoins at the last year ATH,it would be wise to HODL them for atleast one year.Bitcoin will reach 20K sooner or later.

Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:30:59 AM

It is how much time you will be spending before you want out.

We cannot foretell what could happen for we do not have the crystal ball. But I tell you, there is real profit in it.
Specially now, bitcoin and ethereum and other alts are in red marks. There is a high chance that it will be in bull market for a short period of time. You could sell at that point if you want to.

If you want greater profits better let it be for a year or more.
Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:50:37 PM

To be in stagnation or to fall the market vseravno long will not be. Therefore, in general, the retention of coins and tokens will be even more profitable. However, given that the market will no longer be in a constant bullish trend, retention with periodic trade is the most optimal.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account that each coin or token has a stage of price growth and price stabilization. Any kind of crypto currency can not constantly grow in price. Therefore, periodically it will be necessary to change priorities and bet on young and promising coins.
BitBerau

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:22:34 PM

Hodling is such a pathetic word, most "hodler's" already sold on loss and trend will continue.
You need to have some kind of strategy as to how long you're willing to hold cryptos for & what price you're looking to get out at. Merely hodling is stupid.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:19:04 PM

We can't know if it is still profitable because it is not trade, not happen in short time, we need to predict next years if it will be profitable but looking at th past yes it is profitable.

ojanamon

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:21:03 PM

II think hold is well for all but you hold good  coin like btc,eth,ltc . This coin is good for hold but you hold new coin its not safe for you
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:47:01 PM

At the moment bitcoin is on stable value so IMO it require a momentum if you want to see the uptrend.
So what am I do ?
Just wait and hold because I still believe on it just like I did 4 years ago.
Let's take a look on the fact, bitcoin still on high value so the demand still high !
oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:15:27 PM

Big no if you intend to hold for less than a year you won't see any profit but holding for two to five years as proven by bitcoins historical price will be a great time to hodl your crypto. Other than , trading is the best option if you don't have the patience to wait till longer years.
Rainbow009

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:30:31 PM

The loss margin depends on when you bought.
And, Yes. Hodling is still viable for making profits, you need the right currency, and a lot of patience.
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:31:25 PM

After investing in low prices crypto, holding is a good strategy. I hope the market will continue to grow.

tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:34:42 PM

The beauty or challenge  (depending on how you look at it)   about HODLing is that prices can practically move by several folds unexpectedly, leaving those who were shorting trying  to catch the market .i still hodl
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: