Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is it still profitable to hodl  (Voting closed: September 09, 2018, 09:10:29 PM)
Should we still hodl BTC or just trade - 4 (57.1%)
What do you think about hodling - 2 (28.6%)
Don't you think hodling is past - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodling  (Read 784 times)
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

holding is the best choice when you are stuck at a very expensive price because if you sell it at a very low price and are affected then I am sure you will lose, so you should hold it until the price can rise again.
really what you say, because now a very good time is to hold the market back. so to anticipate losses is to hold back

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
untugede

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

holding is the best choice when you are stuck at a very expensive price because if you sell it at a very low price and are affected then I am sure you will lose, so you should hold it until the price can rise again.
really what you say, because now a very good time is to hold the market back. so to anticipate losses is to hold back
that is what should be done by traders, in trading and getting stuck in buying high prices, and suddenly the coin he bought has decreased, holding and waiting for the price increase to return above the new purchase price it is the right decision, and a trader will experience defeat, for example, will sell when the price drops.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
JimmieA

Activity: 396

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:44:22 PM

As I see it, the current situation is quite detrimental for investors making money from buying and holding. Over the past few months the market has shown no signs of growth again so we can't be confident that btc or ETH will rise again in the future. At the moment, it is likely that short-term investments will yield better profit, albeit rather low.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 05:29:20 PM

Hello, everyone, I was thinking if it is still profitable to hodl cryptos. Having lost by a huge margin 70% isn't this Hodl just not working. I seem to have finally had enough. What do you guys think?

You should learn from experience at that time, with Crypto, no matter how much profit you get, sell it, choosing to be a holder or short-term trader is not a good thing, maybe for some good people, because they have the competence or skill to choose coins / tokens which has potential

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
racingboy

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:45:08 PM

Hmm. why not hodl more? 70% is way too much of a loss.
just wait for the market to recover, be optimistic.
speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:45:48 PM

Hello, everyone, I was thinking if it is still profitable to hodl cryptos. Having lost by a huge margin 70% isn't this Hodl just not working. I seem to have finally had enough. What do you guys think?

I do believe holdings. And we should really invest in btc because we have a lot of opportunities here to gain funds. And because btc is categorized as a decentralized virtual currency and is also known as the first real crypto. btc are generated as rewards through a process referred to as Mining where the users verify and record btc transactions into the ledger, the Blockchain.
The people successful in the recording are provided btc. Apart from this Bitcoins can also be generated by exchanging it for currencies, products or services. The impact of Bitcoins in the market landscape has been profound over the years and its role has been ever rising.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:55:50 PM

I do hold before but with the ways things are going I have to change my investments' strategies.  The market may not recover soon and with the ways the market behave I think we have to play along.  The best ways to invest now and makes good profits is to buy the dip and sell the little pump along the way.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:11:20 PM

At the moment you have a potential loss. If you sell you will have a real loss. Market is going sideways with no direction so no guide to future price.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:41:28 PM

I usually do this as a airdrops comes or somewhat I get some coins or tokens in a bounties from the ICO projects. This technique and tactic is very effective as if you were practically living here in the crypto industry. Since coins and tokens haven't any value yet then you must hodl, if it has a value hodl, and if has a chance to be a great coin hodl. This is the manner of hodling, waiting and waiting so if it increase you may now attack.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:03:26 PM

You must be bought Bitcoin when the price was rising few months ago, don't despair, Bitcoin will show its toughness again. I’d recommend you to study the market even further, read articles, news and journals or even the ICO’s whitepaper maybe it will bring profit to you.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:51:02 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2018, 06:44:29 PM by junglist.massive

When exactly did you buy Bitcoin? At this time, Bitcoin is weakening, it's normal if you said that, but try to see the overall chart, how is it growing? Did Bitcoin fall thru the last year's support point? I always regret not buying Bitcoin at times like this when the price is weak and suddenly Bitcoin climbs and breaks the resistance of few months ago.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:52:28 PM

Hold is for someone who does not want to trade, and does not have much time to monitor prices. is it still profitable? if for the long term. I think it's still profitable. because I believe crypto will rise again high. and long-term investment is more relaxed and calm.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: