Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you feel when you found out it was a SCAM?  (Read 2794 times)
trungdlvn

Activity: 151
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:23:42 AM

Recently I am following 1 project and it might be (just might be) the scam, I have been in this for quite a long time and I saw the dev sold up the coin with dead cheap price. I at first feel lucky because my low price order get filled, but then price keep dumping till 1 sts...and keep dumping a large amount.

Well, i do feeling some kind of angry buts thats life, we pay for the experience. Now, well, I think of guys heavily invested into that project and feel sorry for them, well, kind of released for me as I did not lost much....

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
kasurnya

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:32:51 AM

I once experienced this, suddenly the team just ignored carrying away project funds.

but there are also several projects that up to now have not been registered in the market, but the team is still active on the telegram.
there is a difference between the two, one is obviously fraud but one is a failed project. we must be able to distinguish which fraud project and which project failed.
jarojak

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:33:52 AM

Four months and 15+ post a week is at least 240 posts in total.  I think I will burn my laptop if I were your friend.  That is hurt but I hope your friend okay now and starting to search a new project.  Good Luck!
vennz17

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:42:24 AM

A friend of mine recently joined a bounty project and wore their signature for good four month making 15+ post every week and accumulating his require stake for the week for the entire bounty project. Just at the close of the last week of the bounty campaign he found out that the project was a scam. Ever since then, he feels very awful and despairs bounty projects.
Today, i was hoping you could share your feelings about your experience with scam bounty projects. You might want to leave behind words of motivation for my buddy to ginger him back into the business of bounty work.
something that is normal if we are disappointed when the project is a scam, he works on a signature for a long time, of course he thinks if he does not follow the project he can follow another project that is more profitable. You don't need to worry about being a Bonty Hunter, you can imagine if you as an investor in the project is more detrimental. so you should be able to compare with people who are worse off than you. You should be more careful in choosing a project because it will waste your time if you are wrong in choosing a project for the signature
SnapFX

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 09:45:54 AM

I when get on scam I feel not bigger disappointment, no more than that. It just working moment. That is from losses at work nobody is insured.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:57:06 AM

There is a feeling of sadness, frustration and loss of enthusiasm, especially if you join for a long time and this is a good learning to be more careful in choosing which one is actually running the project or the scam. lately, many ICOs are lacking in funds to sell tokens, this may be due to a lot of distrust from users, so the bounty is not worth it so it's better to look for other ways to produce crypto.

kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:08:10 AM

I have participated in the signature campaign 3 times but all of the bounties are Scam, I have never received tokens or money from the signature campaign, it is very tiring and sad, can you imagine it! You work hard for months but you don't get paid, I think the payment to the bounty hunter must be arranged again, so that the bounty hunters get their rights as workers who expand other people's companies.
berkatmendrofa

Activity: 295
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:13:03 AM

I have also experienced things like that and in my opinion this is the risk of being a bounty hunter and we can only be patient and try again, never give up and be more careful in participating in the bounty campaign, in my opinion do not give up is the key to being a bounty hunter
marcbrom
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:23:19 AM

I have also experienced things like that and in my opinion this is the risk of being a bounty hunter and we can only be patient and try again, never give up and be more careful in participating in the bounty campaign, in my opinion do not give up is the key to being a bounty hunter

i couldnt agree more
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:34:44 AM

I did worse at some point. i managed to put some money into a ICO scam and of course..regret later Smiley
I'm sure wasting so much time for this project makes you feel really bad. it is legit, most ico-s are scam in the end Smiley
CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:35:54 AM

As a serious bounty hunter this experience should be one thing that should be normal to you. I have been involved in a scam project more than four times, it was the 1st scam project that affected so much because then I thought every bounty published on bitcointalk forum is verified and can not be a scam. After that first incident I began to see scam projects as part of the business risk.
olya_n

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:39:55 AM

Working with Bounty Campaigns, I periodically encounter scam ... I treat this situation absolutely calmly, because I did not invest my money in these ICOs. But, if you look at crypto investors who invested their money in such a scam ICOs, then it becomes very painful and insulting for them ...
dommerty

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:43:06 AM

Scam bounty is sad,but you didn't invest your money, so you aren't that sad compared with investors.
 I've invested in otho 8 month ago and it was exit scam. i understand your feelings
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

If i join a bounty scam, i would be unhappy and sad. But as i didn't invest any money into it, it would still be ok for me.
But i would be more sad for the real investors who did put money into this scam. But how can we determine if an ICO is a scam or not? It is impossible to know it for sure.
That's why it is better to do bounty as a hobby.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:43:06 PM

I usually don't get myself into ICOs, but the only 2 times I invested in an ICO they were both scams... yet somehow I didn't lose a penny! lol

The first one I invested in was before the last bullrun in crypto, I invested 100€ in the form of 500 XRP, the project never even started and the 500 XRP were worth 1000€ a month later!! Good thing the escrow behind the  ICO run a refund and I got my XRP back. If they did a refund they were not really trying to scam anyone though.

In the second one I invested the bare minimum of 40€, that one was a true scam! It was a payment platform using a debit card and after they opened their online beta platform and I checked their HTML code.... it was disgusting... I instantly sold every coin. Good thing I made 400€ through their signature bounty campaign! Grin Today it's worth 1/10th of what I sold.
tillerthekiller

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 01:52:57 PM

I felt like a fool who was caught up in the euphoria and greed. Totally my fault.
Inasal03

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:04:53 PM

I already experience in a campaign this i feel angry because all what i have done is useless. Its waisting time also. So next time we need to know about what is all about the campaign before we join.
Waqas vicky

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:10:50 PM

I already felt this experience many times.
I felt that i am a fool who is wasting time on bounties.
elenka n

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

Probably I experienced the same feelings as him, but nevertheless I continue to deal with signatures, and I hope that the project will reach the end successfully!
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:13:28 PM

It is very sad to spend your time for scam project especially if you participate in its bounty campaign for a long time (more than two months). But think about investors. Maybe some of them spent much more time to earn money that they invested in this scam.
Apparently. There is no way anyone would waste time and resources on a scam project and not end up feeling bad at the end of the day. This is why it is necessary to always try as much as possible to limit the likelihood of experiencing scams by doing due diligence on the project before even being a part of it in the first place. Even though sometimes it may still not end up good, but it is usually rare if you do proper diligence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: