Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:30:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your worst investment decision this year  (Read 2853 times)
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:09:26 PM

My biggest mistake is that I did not sell many coins and tokens in January and May of this year. No more mistakes. I believe that all my altcoins are promising.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:14:36 PM

The best thing I did this year was sell $2800 USD of Bitcoin in January. I'm not sure any of the altcoins I've invested in this year were the worst investment decision, as pretty much the entire altcoin market went down in price.

Last year, I got burned by focusing my crypto in a few coins, so this year I have focused on diversifying my investments. It's a little annoying having smaller amounts of a number of coins, but I feel confident that it will pay off in the long term.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:21:09 PM

This year has been a year to forget for cryptocurrency investors.from the hopes and aspirations in January to the frustrations and regrets of August. What has been ur worst investment this year?
This year I experienced a huge loss due to all the coins that dropped significantly, different in 2017 at that time I invested from August to get a lot of profits, and in 2018 I suffered a lot of losses, hopefully in the future it will not happen again
ADgordo

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:24:38 PM

This year has been a year to forget for cryptocurrency investors.from the hopes and aspirations in January to the frustrations and regrets of August. What has been ur worst investment this year?

My wort investment decision in edenchain. Eth decreased 600 to 200 and after eden chain token release they announced some increasing hardcap issue.
They said our eth holdings is not 24m dollar value anymore because of that we collected 10m dollar more etc. etc. and they are giving tokens 5 part. monthly 20 percentage.
and they are now in 1x eth price. and i believe value will decrease more with other token releases.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:29:19 PM

In this market its pretty easy to make bad decisions so I am not beating myself up for it. I have bought a ton of a specific coin (for this purpose its should stay anonymous) as I wrongly predicted its short/mid term potential, but in the coming weeks its price kept falling and falling and now I have some heavy bags to carry around.
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:41:15 PM

My biggest mistake this year is that I did not see a market reversal at the beginning of the year. I didn’t see it because of my inexperience or because I didn’t believe that Altcoins could fall so much. I followed the advice of my friends and did not sell many coins on time. Friends said that it is not necessary to sell as if I am selling it will fix the loss. This was a major mistake since the fall was very large. The main mistake is in greed and inexperience of investing and trading.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:46:35 PM

I would have to say that my worst investment decision this year would have to be buying Ethereum at 450$ thinking it was a good price only to see it drop another 50% again... The good news is I believe the bearish market is about to be all over with!
Ethereum is back to a steady price of $225 and hasn't dropped below it in atleast a month. All coins are beginning to show alot of resistance!
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:50:32 PM

My worst investment - is investment of projects, that was managed by TokenSuites Team. I used to trust this team and by my stupidity I invested a lot of money in their projects. But they were scammed by fraudsters, as were their fraudulent projects...
andremd3

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:54:16 PM

Not selling everything in February.
Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:52:35 PM

For me, the biggest mistake was of course blinding greed and refusal to take profits at the highs of the beginning of the year. Even 30% elimination of my investment positions would allow me to double my position in bitcoin and ethereum today.
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:20:53 PM

My worst investment this year is on Credits. I bought them at $ 0.5. Currently its price is only $ 0.16. Haiz. I feel bad now. Hopefully they can return to $ 0.7 or $ 1 as it did in the past
Credits was huge successful project ever in this year. ICO price  was 1 ETH against 5000 CS and i think who guys are too much lucky invest in ICO. When it was firstly added in idex but price was around 1$. Credits has recently partnered with big 10 projects: https://mobile.twitter.com/creditscom/status/1042706076360237056

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Pikachu18
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:53:38 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2018, 12:05:08 AM by Pikachu18

It's the worst year for me too 😒 I have invested in ADA (Cardano) a total of 1000$. Now it's value is 80$. It's nightmare for me when I saw the balance. I was hoping for it a lot but gain nothing. No one predicts the market. Don't know when it will recover.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:25:37 AM

I invest in a wrong Ico's project two useless ICO'S project that i will remember i attrach the promising of the project but all of my invest came from my previous rewards of joining some bounty campaigns and trading that go into trash project. I learned to myself to be careful next time and never again invest ICO'S.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:35:12 AM

I think my worst decision this year is hold ethereum. It would be better if I sold it earlier and did not keep it until now. This made me lose a lot of capital because I was expecting a good future for ETH but not this time.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:34:57 AM

My biggest mistake is that I did not sell many coins and tokens in January and May of this year. No more mistakes. I believe that all my altcoins are promising.
Many made that mistake so do not blame yourself for not taking action at that time, what you need to do is to concentrate yourself in not making that mistake again, I know is not easy but if you want to make profits in this market you need to avoid making mistakes that you already made.
Mr Batman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:53:37 AM

My worst investment decision for this year is that I bought a large amount of ETH, and now ETH price has never grown and has continued to down, so I am now frustrated and have never checked ETH price in the coinmarketcap since last week, because I was afraid to see ETH price down, so I will make ETH for my long-term investment.

EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:29:02 AM

I must say I have nothing really. I have like 80% down in my folio but I believe ethereum and Bitcoin which I am holding still will recover soon. Some of the alts I also got from bounties and bought some but the project is going well so my hopes are high. I think they are just affected because of the market situation right now. When it recovers, everything will be back to normal and prices will be good again for trading.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:39:46 AM

My worse investment decision this year gotta be JET8. There was so much hype around it, at least so I thought. It got listed on the exchange and the value tanked like ICO price real quick. I thought to myself, let me hodl and see if it will be turn around, now it's worse and the coin is almost turning dust
This is really heartbreaking. Mine was buying Walton at around $15 (though bought a few units). Now WTC is hovering around $3. I didn't buy it because of hype. It's a good coin with a strong team but I should've waited to enter at this rock bottom only if I knew. And that would be giving me X5 of my holdings.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:44:55 AM

I think to me it was Etherum. I believed to all of those positive prognoses and began collecting it from the beginning of the year and I sold almost everything else when I needed cash in hands. But Eth appeared really disappointing. Now I am thinking how long should I hold it to at least bring back my investments?
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:10:02 AM

My worst investment was AGI, which I bought on ATH. I hope price will come back at least $0.5
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: