Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:39:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Transaction Volume Tops PayPal, Creeps Up on Visa  (Read 675 times)
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:51:14 AM

This is good, right? I really want bitcoin to beat PayPal. haha.... I mean sure, PayPal was convenient for a while, but now that we know how much money we can save with bitcoin transactions, I cannot wait for the day bitcoin officially becomes a digital currency. It will turn out cheaper, faster and way more convenient for all of us.

Of course this is good! However, this article is talking about the value of money transacted with the Bitcoin network, not the number of transactions in total. There is a very important distinction there. Unfortunately, for Bitcoin to truly compete with visa, it will need to handle an equivalent amount of transactions per second (TPS). Visa can handle around 3000 TPS and Bitcoin can handle only about 7 TPS. So this article is actually talking about the amount of money transacted with Bitcoin. The good news is that the lightning network will allow us to completely blow visa out of the water! Bitcoin continues to grow and make milestones, with a massive amount of value transacted and not to mention the insanely high hash rate! Future is looking very bullish, hodl!
TIN1114

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:52:51 AM

Wow this is awesome to hear. Although prices now might now be so attractive but this is a milestone that we should celebrate. This only proves that the spirit of bitcoin and cryptos are not dying so we should not lose hope.
RetiredPlanBTC

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:57:05 PM

Bitcoin is used to make transactions from one address to another address for various reasons. But even if doing other transactions BTC is still serving its purpose. People are now using the BTC into different applications as they know the process of block chain technology.
BarnabyETH

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:14:51 PM

In order to transact from one address to another for different reasons Bitcoin is used. But that absolutely doesn’t mean that the Bitcoin is not serving its purpose, it’s doing so! As people know about the block chain now, they now are using the BTC for different applications!
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:03:50 PM

I think bitcoin will surpass visa soon. And from my opinion bitcoin can be a very good alternative for paypal. The transactions are faster and safe so i think more people are going to join in future.
WindowsRepuX

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:33:42 PM

This is not the way we measure the efficiency or something like that. These are just values. Not all of them are real and unique transactions. So we should not compare them in this case.
Tobt

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:53:43 PM

I don't think we can compare bitcoin with paypal or visa. They are completely different from bitcoin. The vision, working process, etc nothing is similar. So it's quite hard to replace paypal.
bond07

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:59:33 AM

well it is not actually possible to have the accurate news about how much the transaction are happening everyday but as per the basic updates we can easily assume that how much high the transaction rate is so we shouldn't doubt  about it volume cause we can hope that I will increase more in the future.
Anies_Sandi

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:30:52 AM

To many, Bitcoin’s shot at “real-world” utility is defined by the yardstick of Visa’s transactional throughput; yet, the original cryptocurrency now purportedly handles more annual transacted value than PayPal—and appears to be gaining on Visa, fast.

https://cryptoslate.com/bitcoin-transaction-volume-tops-paypal-creeps-up-on-visa/
the possibility will always emerge in the future bitcoin will be more developed again and all depends on the investor itself
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:43:51 AM

This is good, right? I really want bitcoin to beat PayPal. haha.... I mean sure, PayPal was convenient for a while, but now that we know how much money we can save with bitcoin transactions, I cannot wait for the day bitcoin officially becomes a digital currency. It will turn out cheaper, faster and way more convenient for all of us.

It already is digital currency and you can freely use it as such. The only problem is the lack of merchants accepting it.

Either way, it will be a long time before Bitcoin can be a true Paypal alternative. The Lightning Network is supposed to make it possible, but it's still in Beta and has a long way to go. For a more apt comparison, we should only be looking at Bitcoin transactions that were used for payments, and the only numbers of that sort that are tracked are the numbers processed by Bitcoin payment processors. Even that won't be entirely accurate because it doesn't account for peer-to-peer transactions.

earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:08:16 PM

As far I know the much of the value move through the wallet that own by the similar person. A few transaction happen till now. If you find out we will see the actual transaction of paypal. Whatever the number It’s a positive things I believe.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:27:40 PM

They should add all of crypto as bitcoin is a bit slow and clunky at the moment. Other altcoins are quicker and better so if they add monero and other dark market coins it will definitely go above paypal and visa.

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:31:41 PM

Bitcoin, as assumed, will take the place of Gold sooner or later. BTC is being used as a value and sometimes as an exchange, but it was, is and will be as "resource" and a worthy investment. Time will sing the song.
earnadoge

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:35:39 PM

To many, Bitcoin’s shot at “real-world” utility is defined by the yardstick of Visa’s transactional throughput; yet, the original cryptocurrency now purportedly handles more annual transacted value than PayPal—and appears to be gaining on Visa, fast.

https://cryptoslate.com/bitcoin-transaction-volume-tops-paypal-creeps-up-on-visa/

So this might show all the shady people making enormous transactions, as well as gambling transactions.  IF PayPal is somewhat close to bitcoin transactions, they must make a lot of money.  I hope that sooner or later bitcon and other coins are accepted everywhere online.

Phlaser (OP)

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 09:41:04 PM

what I see here, the obvious difference between bitcoin and paypal is, transaction time. bitcoin can be faster than paypal. even bitcoin only takes 1 hour when paypal must take up to 4 days. obviously it makes people switch to bitcoin and the volume of bitcoin transactions increases beating paypal.

You got the point exactly. With the transaction time cut off, many would prefer to make payment for services rendered with Bitcoin for speedy payment without much delay or having to submit queries to support. Bitcoin no doubt is taking iver the world.
Spring_Butin

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:30:47 AM

Although prices can now be very attractive, this is an important milestone that we should celebrate. Bitcoin is used for transactions from one address to another for different reasons. When people know about chain blocking now, they are currently using BTC for different applications! The transaction is faster and safer so I think many will join in the future.
Chrissanth5524

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

I'm sure, PayPal is convenient for a while, but now we know how much money we can save with bitcoin transactions, I can not wait for official bitcoin to become a digital coin. Wow is great to hear. This only demonstrates that the spirit of bitcoin and cryptos is not dead so we should not lose hope. But even when doing other transactions, BTC is still serving its purpose.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:23:21 PM

Isn't this should be obvious considering the fact that there is billions of amount of bitcoins held by the people of crypto community and most of them transact it from one address to other ? Or am I missing some info here ?
Anyway it is good to know that the volume is more than paypal and visa. This gives us a hope that Bitcoin might some day become a real world utility and might be legally used all over the world.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Nathaniel_Jones

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:04:26 AM

I'm sure, PayPal is convenient for a while, but now we know how much money we can save with bitcoin transactions, I can not wait for official bitcoin to become a digital coin. Although prices can now be very attractive, this is an important milestone that we should celebrate. This only demonstrates that the spirit of bitcoin and cryptos is not dead so we should not lose hope. But even when doing other transactions, BTC is still serving its purpose. Bitcoin is used for transactions from one address to another for different reasons. When people know about chain blocking now, they are currently using BTC for different applications!
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:54:45 PM

Bitcoin is open for improvement and upgradable. Sooner or later there will be another fork to address that issue. It may not be today because we cannot rush everything and it needs more trial to make sure the security will not be compromise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: