Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lower circulating supply of tokens, It is good or bad?  (Read 521 times)
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:08:06 PM

In the period of the fall of all coins, I think it is not such a terrible phenomenon as a drop in circulation among all coins, even the most powerful and important. I think it's worth waiting for the winter, and then everything will be clear.
AltCoinShooter

Activity: 230
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:34:10 PM

The price of the crypto coins is getting increased and decreased continuously. It happens because of demand and sale of the crypto coins. If the demand or sale is less of any coins, the price will be less. If the demand or sale is high then the price will be increased.
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:38:24 PM

It doesn't depend on the supply of tokens, it depend on the price of each token. But with a huge amount of tokens supply, It is more suitable for transactions. Limited supply is more appropriate for asset storage.
CrazyBTC7800

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

Yes, whatever you are saying can be true in the sense of getting more profit from there tokens but I don't think that will be wise enough for those people who might want to do it because of the risk factors that go with any ICO right now.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 05:53:55 PM

It doesn't matter how you support it or the community supporters. If you going to ask me where i will invest my money even if the circulating supply is higher than your expectation? I would choose a working product/platform that will change the entire ecosystem.

Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:54:13 PM

According to my opinion it is very essential to understand properly the rate of coin/token supply some of the crypto currency has finite supply where others may have infinite supply.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:57:37 PM

With many ICO's not selling so much of their tokens or not reaching the hard cap, many of these token's price always plummeted after entering the exchange. With the excess tokens that are not sold during the ICO are being burned, it is really possible that a fewer circulating supply of tokens will make it rarer thus it is more valuable? More valuable meaning pricier thus each holder of token will get more from what they bought? Or it is actually the opposite? What is your opinion about?

Please don't hate me for my thinking. If you know that I'm wrong, please correct me.

making a coin rare will may result in the lost of the investor in that coin as there are less chances for a holder to dump the coin to the buyer and of buyer will not get the coin then he my lose intrest in that coin and he may move to other coins will low price

CorneliaMarket

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:08:33 PM

As per the market, condition suggests, ICO is facing so many problems even though the real ones are also getting ignored for the extensive promotion of scammed one. Lower circulating of tokens might happen because of not getting the investors who will wait for the project to be successful. The ones who are expecting larger gains are also taking huge risks.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:09:07 PM

With many ICO's not selling so much of their tokens or not reaching the hard cap, many of these token's price always plummeted after entering the exchange. With the excess tokens that are not sold during the ICO are being burned, it is really possible that a fewer circulating supply of tokens will make it rarer thus it is more valuable? More valuable meaning pricier thus each holder of token will get more from what they bought? Or it is actually the opposite? What is your opinion about?

Please don't hate me for my thinking. If you know that I'm wrong, please correct me.

I dont think so, maybe for some token/coin fewer circulating can make it more valuable, but it will only hold for a temporary. These kind of stuff that always create fraud among the newcomer of cryptocurrency. The projects goal also affect to the value of the token.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:46:55 PM

if the supply is short and the demand is high, then the possibility for an altcoin to increase its price is high. but as you said, the remaining supply that is not being sold during ico days will be burned, then it means that your altcoin that is talking about is not really popular or the demand is not high enough to sold all their token.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 07:02:51 PM

The less supply of tokens the better. Because if their is a demand in the market surely the price will exceed above the ICO price. But it also depends on the projects and the type of tokens. Normally tokens with huge supply and used for paymentss or e-commerce projects don't normally burned tokens. Because these tokens will be use within the platform. Only those projects like mining are the ones will benefit from low supply of tokens. Because mining projects usually paid their token holders in Ethereum or Bitcoin for staking or quarterly dividends. With a ratio of 1:1, 1 token equal to 1 usd. So investors will probably buy in the market for more tokens for long term hold.
prechi

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 08:14:10 PM

I think it is a good thing because when there is a low circulating supply of a coin, holders of that coin are at a good advantage as they can get to control price of coin and that fact can give the coin more quality.
classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 09:19:48 PM

A low circulation coin is suppose be an advantages to a coin in issue. The reason being that such coin will be able to finish in time, then such coin will be able to manage in an exchange

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:28:26 PM

Low or high circulating supply, it doesn't really matter, what matters is the project, the demand and it used case must tokens circulating supply is below 100m, and there price on exchange is not up-to $0.01, while we have coin that their circulating supply are over 1b and they are doing pretty well.

The project is worth count not the circulating supply.
tomward

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:46:08 AM

well we all knows that  this place is all about using the correct opportunities,  as per the situation sometimes a negative thing also can be a medium of success so it is hard to say anything with surety without knowing the circumstances properly.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:57:45 AM

A lower available supply will theoretically increase the value of the individual tokens, but that also has to be balanced with the fact that an ICO that failed to raise anything close to its hard cap will mean a lower market cap and with that it may be unattractive to exchanges to list. Being listed on popular exchanges can be very important in the short term when the project is largely trading on its speculative value.

alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:35:07 PM

if you know how this market works then you should also know that how unpredictable this place actually is so you can judge a thing with some one else point of view you have to analyze it on your own perception so I will suggest not to get influence and take any sudden decision
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

Lower supply means that the chances of pump are high if the coin gets decent investors or buyers at the exchange, at the end it is the demand and supply that gives the value and also the volume is a key player towards the derivation of value of a coin, if a coin has bigger volume we can easily judge the direction and value that a coin can get.

trungdlvn

Activity: 151
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:37:57 PM

Max supply of a coin/token for sure very important to consider, with a token with max supply of 20M and 20B, I will choose the 20M one. I think the lower the better, because the rarer the more expensive.

However, the more important thing is that you have to create demand for that coin/token, the is the long term and safe goal to keep the price high. Or at least deliver the promises on the development as the planned roadmap and the price will be naturally raise.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
abiola4real

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 02:45:08 PM

Lower circulation of coin, it is an advantage to the successfulnes of a coin. There won't be any cause for burning a coin, the issue of unsold will not arise. Lastly, it will be maxim for price stability
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: