Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy - Sell - Hold why i alway choose wrong times !  (Read 219 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:32:01 PM

Hi guys, i joined in crypto world about 1 year ago. When the market always green and btc price go up everyday form 6k to 19k.
I like to be a trader and i buy some coin like BNB, BTC, and some eth for ico. Just hold some time then sell it when the price up to 10-20%, then i can't buy back when the price up to 300%.
i buyed 500 binance coin at 2,5$ and sell at 3,8 usd then it up to 6-7 usd, i can't buy 500 bnb anymore, then price up to 8-9 usd and more.
Buyed 0.5 btc at 6k and sell at 8k. then i can't buy back when price up to 10-12-15-19k.
When it happened, i think better is become a holder. i buyed some coin / token and just hold in my wallet, then the price down and down everyday.
Now i lose 2/3 my money.
Can you suggest for me : just keep my coins / tokens or sell it. ( now is : 26.Aug.2018 )  Huh

Now is good time to buy to keep and spend when you will need to buy stuff. It is much better time then was 8 months ago.  
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:34:18 PM

Don't sell now because it's dip and wait for new pump and sell it with big profits. I can recommend don't sell 100% because price can continue to rise up - sell partly with several orders, for example:
- sell 50% if price will x2
- sell 25% if price will x2.5
- sell 15% if price will x3
- sell last 10% if price will x3.5-x4
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:36:56 PM

That's life
This, end of story.  The problem op seems to be having is not holding his coins long enough, but that's a problem one can only identify in hindsight.  It also does not sound like he's losing money, so that's a plus for him.  Maybe what he should do is figure out how much money he can comfortably invest in crypto for the medium term, maybe 2 years, and then buy a coin with good growth potential.  I would not try to guess how any coin is going to do past that period and I think most of the cheaper ones will be worth near zero after about 3 years.

There isn't anything wrong with selling too soon while still making a profit.  A lot of traders never end up making as much profit as they could have.  That is expected, since none of us know the future.  That's where the 'that's life' statement comes into play.  If you made even a small profit, it's still profit.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:16:44 PM

We all having an emotional experience. Actually if you hold it or investing in long term you will gain alot of profit. You do it right but if you expecting a short term income then you need a good trade, Hodling may risky at first but selling them first is a risky decision. You should read and understand the market situation before jumping into a new idea.
Xexen4

Activity: 756
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:25:56 PM

as you said you made opposite moves while the trend continues. this should be usefull to buy on correction lines. but you never know where the trend stops and how long correction continues. the point dont make act in the opposite direction of the trend. if prices keep going down buying coins very risky. if the prices keep going up selling coins very risky.
vverrita

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:39:44 PM

I think it's impossible to choose the ideal action for crypto currency. Here everyone is wrong
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:03:46 PM

chose the right point to buy and sell is very important skill
not anyone can do that.
it's normal when losing in this market.
my advise to learn carefully about market before make a decision.
lsafronova095

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:08:53 PM

Hi guys, i joined in crypto world about 1 year ago. When the market always green and btc price go up everyday form 6k to 19k.
I like to be a trader and i buy some coin like BNB, BTC, and some eth for ico. Just hold some time then sell it when the price up to 10-20%, then i can't buy back when the price up to 300%.
i buyed 500 binance coin at 2,5$ and sell at 3,8 usd then it up to 6-7 usd, i can't buy 500 bnb anymore, then price up to 8-9 usd and more.
Buyed 0.5 btc at 6k and sell at 8k. then i can't buy back when price up to 10-12-15-19k.
When it happened, i think better is become a holder. i buyed some coin / token and just hold in my wallet, then the price down and down everyday.
Now i lose 2/3 my money.
Can you suggest for me : just keep my coins / tokens or sell it. ( now is : 26.Aug.2018 )  Huh

Buddy, you should always look at the market and read cryptocurrency news and follow them. If the rumor went about the sale of coins, then it will grow and Vice versa.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:18:00 PM

There is no point selling them at this moment because you are already on the losing end, but you have lose already, because you are still holding the coins, you will lose when you sell them off, So i will encourage you to hold your coins. just forget about it and be patient, market will still improve, if not this year and next year, if not next then next two. just chill.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:36:22 PM

You have to learn from your mistakes. We never know what is the perfect time to buy or sell, but
this is why we do not trade with all our coins and funds in one trade. You always have to be prepared
for plan b,c,d ...etc. if the trade  goes to the opposite direction than we predicted.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:40:25 PM

Because short term trades are accompanied by luck. If you keep your coin for several months or years, you will have big profits, I guess. The cryptocurrencies will attract many more investors in upcoming years.
Chapics

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:43:01 PM

we all make the same mistakes. to avoid this, come up with a strategy to increase profits or reduce losses.
baonguyen (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:07:28 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 11:17:04 AM by baonguyen

Thank you guys. i'm very appreciated with your help.
When i come to crypto world, i don't have any experience about trade or hold.
Many people try to told me that i can make easy money with crypto but i'm lucky not falling in MLM project.
They don't know anything about crypto, just want to collect more investor for 7% bonus.
So when you reply this topic, i can see many valueable experience. No more regret and it refresh my brain.
i hate ponzi, mlm but i thank they bring me to crypto world.
Sorry for my bad english.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: