Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:50:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Always keep fiat while holding  (Read 2197 times)
bennypagulayan

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:36:21 PM

Although investing however we should hold fiat to prevent, do not bring all our money into the atltcoin will be very risky so i think we can accumulate a little fiat

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
criptouser

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:59:06 PM

I always have a spare Fiat, in the amount of 30-50% of the total deposit. this is important, because you can buy in a falling market.

Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:43:14 PM

Most of the investors in this forum or in this field of business are not actually really a good traders, they've came here because they believed that  their capital can multiply or leverage once they invest into ico or invest in trading market by simply buying coins in the exchange platform. And Using Fiat was a big help then due to without it we cannot afford to have crypto or bitcoin, this is true and reality happens. which means Fiat will always be a part while crypto exist especially nowadays, Fiat still prevails rather than crypto or Bitcoin.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1251

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:09:56 AM

I this tactics is very applicable. It will require that you have enough funds to support yourself and put some on stand-by should you find yourself in need to buy more coins.
But the time to buy is also important. You might get some fiat in hand at some point but rushing in to buy is the wrong thing to do. People should keep a track of what new coins are entering the market and which new ICOs are good to buy. Then wait for a dip in the price before they buy. Of course this will take time and it wont happen soon - they might have to wait month before they can find a suitable price to buy.

I always have a spare Fiat, in the amount of 30-50% of the total deposit. this is important, because you can buy in a falling market.
Wow that is huge amount of fiat to hold while still trading. I dont about what others do but you might want to diversify your portfolio before keeping that much for side buys.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
daicavung

Activity: 280

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:32:42 AM

If you have the courage to buy altcoin, because now altcoin prices are quite low, can only create conditions for us now and in the future may increase further.

katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:39:55 AM

still holding fiat money is very necessary because in every country there are still many people who carry out transactions with it and it will make it easier for the election and it is necessary to know that fiat money cannot be replaced by others
This is an undeniable fact and the importance of fiat cannot be ignored before investing in an asset. Speaking from the investment perspective, I will definitely prefer both. Bitcoin is exceptional in giving away huge money but you have to deal with the long term uncertainty. Holding fiat is sweet thing but the rise in the value of a currency except the few international is very low and you cannot rely on holding only fiat to earn profit.
It can be other precious things as well to hold it for a perfect time to come so that you may sell it for better profit. Fiat is also a better source but you can also try the new technological way of trading with Bitcoin and few other best crypto coins which will benefit you the most. If I want to be specific about fiat then do not wait for it if you are in profit and if the profit is not too much then holding of it is better choice.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:47:26 AM

I this tactics is very applicable. It will require that you have enough funds to support yourself and put some on stand-by should you find yourself in need to buy more coins.

I agree. I think always you have to keep some stable coin like Tether or Trueusd or Geminiusd or whatever else. The percentage in the portfolio of course depends on the market. You need it for increasing your profit and also to save your capital.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1251

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:15:27 AM

If you have the courage to buy altcoin, because now altcoin prices are quite low, can only create conditions for us now and in the future may increase further.
They are not low anymore. Market was green the last time I checked but the dumping is still happening. This isnt a bull run but a bull trap. Buying altcoins is not what this topic is about though. But keeping fiat to buy altcoins during the good is no the less a good idea.

Fiat is also a better source but you can also try the new technological way of trading with Bitcoin and few other best crypto coins which will benefit you the most.
It is not if you live in a country where trading of crypto is illegal. Then again its impossible for them to get into crypto. But for entering the market in the baby steps, fiat is important. Probably the first stashed of coins will be from fiat for every person here.

If I want to be specific about fiat then do not wait for it if you are in profit and if the profit is not too much then holding of it is better choice.
I dont understand what you are talking about. Fiat will never increase in price. It will inflate and that its inherent property.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:42:13 AM

I have equally been burnt try to move in and out into fiat from bitcoin.  I think at this point for me,  I have decided to hold for as long as it takes to have optimal price that bitcoin can get to!

cammor

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:10:27 AM

I have a wonderful strategy for this case. Say, you have 10 BTC (or any other amount of any other currency) and want to increase your fiat funds. Means, you aren’t fanatical crypto geek who doesn’t accept fiat money at all. Thus, you should look at market and check price changes. When prices go up for at least 40%, you should sell a half of your initial capital – 5 BTC. When prices go down, you should do the opposite thing and buy additional coins, half of your capital. When prices are stable, it’s enough to continue spectating. This system isn’t ideal but it balances all possible risks, so you will be in plus, mostly.
katuhakuh

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:19:23 PM

I think we have to divide our investment into a number of short-term investments and long-term investments. A very good strategy but it would be better if you invest a decent amount of money because a little increase can mean a lot.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:57:19 PM

Many investors, unfortunately, do not adopt this habit because they usually do not implement such strategies. We often encounter investors who prefer Bitcoin during periods of fluctuation or who prefer to choose Bitcoin and prefer ridiculous cryptocurrencies like Tether. While Bitcoin may be a good choice, unfortunately the same situation is not valid for Tether. Although some of the investors are looking for a safe harbor for Tether, in fact, the most risky cryptocurrency is not known. The fact that any loss cannot be recovered, the project is not reliable at all, and it is used frequently in the market for manipulation purposes are extremely sufficient reasons to avoid it.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:56:21 PM

As of my experience holding and selling for some time for 2 years, I know that the market will have always a good time to sell. So while we are holding make sure that you have a lot of patience because once you are luck of patience then you will not get good profit in a long run. If you are planning to trade in a short time then you just need to have a lot of experience with trading because the market is really unstable and we may not know if the market will go to be up or down, but patience is always the key for good profit.  Cheesy Grin
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 707

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

Well some people don't have the time to do that and they only want to put some money and wait for some time until their investment bear result, it is indeed more profitable if they can trade between the holding period if there's opportunity. I have some coin for long term investment but i also have fiat ready if there's opportunity because i also trade some coin.
Day trading can be extremely profitable, this is something that anyone that has spent any time in the market knows, the problem is the huge amount of time that you need to invest into it, if you have a full time job then it is very unlikely that you are going to have enough time to dedicate to day trading, so it is not really a surprise that one of the most popular methods to try to make money in this market is to hold your coins for the long term.

That method may be not working anymore. Cryptocurrencies are mostly speculative assets, and they had been growing until the market became saturated. It became saturated as no new money was thrown in, and then prices expectedly crashed because most people involved in crypto were there exclusively for profit motives. In other words, holding was one of the most popular methods to make money in crypto while crypto was rising for so many months.

But these days may be over. In the majority of established markets, both purely financial and related to commodities, holding is meaningless, and you can only earn something by actively using your brains (if you have them), not by sitting idly on your hands waiting until the price rises enough to let you grab easy profits. This was a unique opportunity, and I'm not sure it is going to present itself again in the future.
The markets have a tendency to move in two different ways, the market can be trending, which means that the price is moving in a very clear direction, whether that direction is up or not is irrelevant, the other way in which the market moves is called ranging which means that the price is moving between a particular range of prices without a clear direction.

In the current circumstances of the market we see that the price of bitcoin over the long term is not moving much, so the strategy to take right now is to trade, if you really want to make money out of your investment, but as I said not everyone has the time to do that so they prefer to hold even if that is a strategy is not the best to do right now, but when the market is trending holding is by far the best strategy.
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:44:38 PM

I do agree about it. Do not invest all your money in cryptocurrency. You should keep some money in your offline wallet.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:14:47 PM

Not each of us  can judge when the historical rise started and when to invest. This is why many people just HODL,
as they do not want to miss the train.

Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:23:01 PM

I do agree about it. Do not invest all your money in cryptocurrency. You should keep some money in your offline wallet.
Right, it is also best to keep fiat money while holding some btc. In case price is still down we can buy back at a lower rate. So, users depends on their strategy on how they can earn in trading when price were down.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:57:01 PM

if you are holding a hold then you don't have to use fiat, you can hold assets that you have in the form of bitcoin and some other coins that have volume and have very high demand, don't let you store assets that you have in coins that don't have volume or demand.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:45:12 AM

As a 5 years of experience i tried every method for waiting optimal profit. Waiting just with a hold of any coin is not very good at short and mid-term time intervals. Generally holders wait for historical rise but it comes in 3-4 years or maybe more. So even if you wait for that rise you can gain something on short and mid-term time. Basically i assume you have some coin just sell some of them on a small rise period, price is moving with 6k-8k for a few month so when you see 7-8k prices start to sell dont sell all but some of them should be great. Even if it rises after you sell you are now waiting it to fall , and short time period it always falls just wait 1-2 months low and buy even if it drops more you basically gained profit. So if you can read some trend moves you can invest mid-term so you dont have to hold for years. If price starts to rise historically then it is time to buy.
Your strategy might work but this is not not the case to me, taking profit few months after is good but I think its more profitable to hold until the price skyrocket even it takes years. Yes its wise to sell once the price rise a bit so you will be in the safe side because you already get some of your capital and you have fiat to use once the price dropped but hodling is better especially if you have a target price set in your mind on when to sell your holdings.

jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:54:42 AM

This is a nice strategy. You might need to use your fiat anytime in case when the ATM is not working. A complete reliance on the technology is not a wise thought and the mind set need to be changed a bit. Besides, the more cash you hold, the more you will be able to make instant transaction.

Investment in an asset with highest liquidity is also a ready source of cash as you can exchange it in the market anytime. So the importance of fiat cannot be ignored. However it is also desired to invest in assets for long term to get your investment replicated to save for future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: