Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What percentage of your holdings is on Blockchain.info?
5% - 2 (11.8%)
10% - 0 (0%)
30% - 0 (0%)
50% - 2 (11.8%)
90% - 0 (0%)
100% - 4 (23.5%)
0% - 9 (52.9%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Survey: What percentage of your holdings is on Blockchain.info?  (Read 690 times)
beckspace (OP)

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:06:58 PM

5% for me. Not that I don't trust Blockchain.info, but I am worried about viruses, keyloggers and SSL weaknesses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:17:03 PM

5% for me. Not that I don't trust Blockchain.info, but I am worried about viruses, keyloggers and SSL weaknesses.

trying to get mine off blockchain to paper wallet ...need to off but figure out paper wallet offline process etc

only want to move this 1x or 2x figure i have more of a danger from a virus or hack on my computer

then the blockchain address going boom so only want to do the xfer a couple times to make sure it works

then use said blockchain address as a 'hot wallet" only

too much to do..to distracted by the drama to do so

will likely xfer ALL to paper wallet then to safe deposit box in a week or so

(i'm all in ....bitcoin works or i have some nice paper wallet wallpaper....in this for the long term ...good to have goals)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:23:51 PM

lol I love how you didn't put 0%.

If I were to ever store my money it would be offline and on my own computer, when you put Bitcoins onto somebody else's server it isn't yours so you should only ever put an amount on that you're comfortable with losing, time and time again, just about anybody experience has been warning newbies not to store money in online wallets and exchanges and they still think they're better than us.
beckspace (OP)

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:29:56 PM

Hey, I totally forgot about this option! Added.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:31:37 PM

If I were to ever store my money it would be offline and on my own computer, when you put Bitcoins onto somebody else's server it isn't yours so you should only ever put an amount on that you're comfortable with losing, time and time again, just about anybody experience has been warning newbies not to store money in online wallets and exchanges and they still think they're better than us.

yeah got to get the stuff off an into paper wallets asap.....sigh....

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:34:33 PM

The only BTC I ever have on blockchain.info is that which I get from faucets whenever I decide to make my rounds through them.

The only reason for that is that when I first started w/ Bitcoin, that was the first wallet I started, and I used it for all the faucets...no sense in changing now, especially with as little as is kept there (never more than Ƀ.001)

grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:44:30 PM

just about anybody experience has been warning newbies not to store money in online wallets and exchanges and they still think they're better than us.
Blockchain.info don't have access to the private keys, so anything on there really is still yours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: