Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:20:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can not remote connect to rig if monitor is not connected to GPU  (Read 150 times)
forkbomb (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

Hi,
I've found a great location for my rig and in this case I want to remote control it.
Everything works wonderful if I leave my monitor plugged into the DVI port of the GPU.
If I don't connect anything (which is what I want, since a monitor is useless), I have a black screen and can't do nothing. If I type, the pc type, so is just a problem on video output.

The setup is:
-3x1070 on risers, each powered;
-usually the cable is connected to just one GPU;
-the program I'm using is TeamViewer, since I've found no other reliable solution;
-OS is Windows

I've also encounter this issue when I do have the monitor plugged in and I reboot: in this case, the second power up doesn't show anything. I have to cut off electricity to the monitor to make it works again. (the monitor is an old VGA, connected to the 1070 through a VGA-DVI adapter).
This is a secondary problem, if I can use it without monitor, Iwould be even happier.

Thanks for any advice!

-----> Earn BTC Easy! <-----

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ciprianpt

Activity: 127
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 06:55:17 PM

Hi,
I've found a great location for my rig and in this case I want to remote control it.
Everything works wonderful if I leave my monitor plugged into the DVI port of the GPU.
If I don't connect anything (which is what I want, since a monitor is useless), I have a black screen and can't do nothing. If I type, the pc type, so is just a problem on video output.

The setup is:
-the program I'm using is TeamViewer, since I've found no other reliable solution;
-OS is Windows

I've also encounter this issue when I do have the monitor plugged in and I reboot: in this case, the second power up doesn't show anything. I have to cut off electricity to the monitor to make it works again. (the monitor is an old VGA, connected to the 1070 through a VGA-DVI adapter).
This is a secondary problem, if I can use it without monitor, Iwould be even happier.

Thanks for any advice!

I recommend to use on board video card..

https://1stMiningRig.com - Just Another Mining Blog Smiley
forkbomb (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:58:19 PM

Why? Any particular reason?
I've also tried to put one GPU on the MB, but with the same result unfortunately.

dnssandbox

Activity: 57
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

Hi,

The setup is:
-OS is Windows

Thanks for any advice!

Get a Dummy plug
https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dummy+plug
Bael

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:03:01 PM

Hi,

The setup is:
-OS is Windows

Thanks for any advice!

Hi

Probably because you are using windows 10 to see 1803, try the 1709 version (the previous one) and it should work fine.

With version 1803 without monitor does not start Clayrmore nor does it work teamviewer.

Another option is to use a dummy monitor emulator, 2 usd on aliexpress.

I know that teamviewer is trying to solve this in its latest version, but it still works badly, I suppose Clayrmore will solve it in some future version as well as teamviewer.
N0pr3s3n7

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:35:10 PM

Hi,

The setup is:
-OS is Windows

Thanks for any advice!

after you connect with teamviewer i guess you see black screen , simply press VIEW -> optimize speed / quaility and your screen should pop up.
forkbomb (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:35:11 PM

after you connect with teamviewer i guess you see black screen , simply press VIEW -> optimize speed / quaility and your screen should pop up.

Thanks, this was useful. I *partially* solved my problem. Partially because quality is not great: I have to refresh very often the page but in the end I can use it.
Thank you N0pr3s3n7!

N0pr3s3n7

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:39:59 PM

Thanks, this was useful. I *partially* solved my problem. Partially because quality is not great: I have to refresh very often the page but in the end I can use it.
Thank you N0pr3s3n7!
well I've emailed teamviewer for this problem long time ago and their response was something like : "teamviewer cannot provide screen if you dont have attached one" . Using dummy plug basically very often results in losing hashrate for one of the cards since it occupies some resources of itself and lowers its performance. TV worked in older versions though , dunno what they changed , I told this also to them . I guess only being premium/paid TV service you can get decent support. I suggest you use some kind of 2nd "watchdog" such as ethmonitoring/awesomeminer stuff in which you can configure your rig with basically minimum of using teamviewer. Good luck
forkbomb (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:00:50 AM

well I've emailed teamviewer for this problem long time ago and their response was something like : "teamviewer cannot provide screen if you dont have attached one" . Using dummy plug basically very often results in losing hashrate for one of the cards since it occupies some resources of itself and lowers its performance. TV worked in older versions though , dunno what they changed , I told this also to them . I guess only being premium/paid TV service you can get decent support. I suggest you use some kind of 2nd "watchdog" such as ethmonitoring/awesomeminer stuff in which you can configure your rig with basically minimum of using teamviewer. Good luck

I was out of the game for a long time and now that I wanted to jump in again, I thought to go again with NiceHash (after the "hack", I heard everything was ok). Would you avoid it?
With the clients you have mentioned, can I remotely control the rig, or the "minimum use of TV" was referred to the tasks to do on the rig with TV?

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:12:30 AM

@N0pr3s3n7!

use onboard gpu with dummy plug and you lose nothing.
and by the way, 0.5 mh less with connected monitor, is not as dramatic as you describe it.

@bael

it has nothing to do with Winversion, 1709 and 1803 works perfectly.
on some rigs it works and on others not without a screen, but you can not generalize it.
Looden

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:48:04 AM

Forget about Windows.
Use linux distros. There are many mining optimized releases if you re not familiar with them.
SSH / terminal connections allows you what you want already.
HiveOs, SimpleOS, etc.
forkbomb (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:27:15 AM

Forget about Windows.
Use linux distros. There are many mining optimized releases if you re not familiar with them.
SSH / terminal connections allows you what you want already.
HiveOs, SimpleOS, etc.

Any advice preferred miner? I suppose you are not using NiceHash.

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:41:23 AM

@Looden
stupid comment. why we forget windows? i build my own mining win10 x64 bit with many optimizations, under 5gb hard drive needed only, unattended installation and so on.
it work as bootable usb stick like ethos to Wink

I wrote it in another thread, Linux is NOT the Holy Grail as some people think.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: