Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: !STOP SCAMMING PEOPLE WITH FAKE MINERS! WARNING FOR NEW MINERS!  (Read 2974 times)
N0pr3s3n7 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:35:36 PM
Merited by revenant2017 (5), CjMapope (2), vapourminer (1), nc50lc (1), jacktheking (1), jillscarbrough (1)

I guess someone should start this finally... since few weeks ago "those Russians" started flooding all the alternate cryptocurrencies subforum with endless topics for some "godlike" miners that earn the shit out of BTC ETH or whatever it comes. They create topics claiming incredible speeds etc , dont show any actual picutres, close information or something like this for their miners.Basically they create new accounts on github / bitcoin forum , use OLD senior or even Hero member accounts (which looking at their old info have been inactive for long time or post only on russian subforums some posts) , GUYS DONT FALL FOR THIS SCAM !!! they will drain your wallets. They even ban every comment that has to be related of accusing them scam :
  . Everyone can make a little bit of investigation before using some of these miners , I am a bit too lazy to show you what I wrote but trust me you will make greater harm then finding any "miracle" miner from these guys . Also would like to raise this issue to any moderators etc , that they should't leave any of these topics running arround or at least check / close them upon report , I've reported a lot of them and none of theem seemed closed so far (i could be mistaken but I really reported a lot of them and cannot track which of them are closed right now).
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 11:40:24 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

This is a good PSA for people

i have seen this lately as well, scary thing is alot of these viruses are "FUD"  (fully undetectable by AVs)   SCARY!  . so just cause virustotal says its clean (lol) DOSENT MEAN IT IS!
i suggest not only ALWAYS sandboxing any programs you try, but also to check them out yourself in a program like Visual Studio
its not hard to see the calls they make to websites for stealing your info and/or downloading malicious things once you put the file into a debugger

Keep vigilant people!  

and if you CANT READ THE CODE, WAIT FOR SOMEONE REPUTABLE TO REVIEW THE FILE FIRST!
(example: "terracotta miner" they knew most couldnt read the code so it was on github, i saw it was obviously malicious, and reported it to github, they agreed and closed the repo)

people that POST the viruses barely ever get tagged by DT either : /

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
N0pr3s3n7 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

This is a good PSA for people

i have seen this lately as well, scary thing is alot of these viruses are "FUD"  (fully undetectable by AVs)   SCARY!  . so just cause virustotal says its clean (lol) DOSENT MEAN IT IS!
i suggest not only ALWAYS sandboxing any programs you try, but also to check them out yourself in a program like Visual Studio
its not hard to see the calls they make to websites for stealing your info and/or downloading malicious things once you put the file into a debugger

Keep vigilant people!  

and if you CANT READ THE CODE, WAIT FOR SOMEONE REPUTABLE TO REVIEW THE FILE FIRST!
(example: "terracotta miner" they knew most couldnt read the code so it was on github, i saw it was obviously malicious, and reported it to github, they agreed and closed the repo)

people that POST the viruses barely ever get tagged by DT either : /

yeah actually I've checked them with virustotal and the fact it's not being recognized as miner means it's actually not a miner. Every real miner gets marked as coinminer / malicous software etc because it is such for people that dont use it. A lot of people used to abuse www. users and such to mine during visiting sites or to install hidden viruses to use PC resources to mine on them so they are marked like this .
HE[A]RTLESS

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:27:27 AM

many alt miner come out with told have high hashrate more than other miner program and have "very low dev fee"

they add something in miner and you know what im mean

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5734

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:15:46 AM

This is not limited to Russians, why the hate? Joke.

If you can verify that there's a Malware or something in their code, open a thread regarding their activity in the Meta thread or scam accusation (in SA if it's not malware/virus-related) for others to further assess the issue.

Or moreover, if you're 100% sure, hit "report to moderator" and provide a short-but-complete evidence because it's a ban-able offence:

6. No linking to phishing or malware, without a warning and a valid reason. [e]

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MineOrDie

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:48:03 AM

Yeah, Terracotta miner, and Barracuda miner are just copy of one another.
Terracotta has been already uncovered, it's a virus, so they created a new one, Barracuda. When I wrote it's a scam and a virus, they just deleted my post.

Btw, I reported it to moderators and they've done NOTHING about it.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 07:22:44 AM

Guys Any guess what are these https://ethermine.org/miners/1CF6b3CFeB7E14E917a28E3e52b183A6d4FEe24c/dashboard

HE[A]RTLESS

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:25:43 AM

Yeah, Terracotta miner, and Barracuda miner are just copy of one another.
Terracotta has been already uncovered, it's a virus, so they created a new one, Barracuda. When I wrote it's a scam and a virus, they just deleted my post.

Btw, I reported it to moderators and they've done NOTHING about it.

what mod not del virus miner?
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:40:05 AM

Those are my miners  Grin
notsure85

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:24:30 AM

this needs to be a sticky.
The anns about new scam miners are constantly popping up currently.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 07:15:55 AM

Sure what hardware you using to get 40mh/h miners  Cheesy

mo35

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:34:03 AM

add another to the list NeoBlackMiner

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4978798.0

same shite , self moderated , all warning posts gets removed , all warning flags checks.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:01:14 AM

Private ASIC's, not out in the wild yet, probably won't be for a long time since we're making almost 1BTC/day with them heh.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 02:29:39 PM

Private ASIC's, not out in the wild yet, probably won't be for a long time since we're making almost 1BTC/day with them heh.
leak some info Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

You can't drop such bomb and leave  Roll Eyes
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 11:12:09 AM

Yes they are mega-fast, i want some too  Wink

DevelopmentBank

Merit: 110

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:38:43 AM

Yeah mate, i feel you. I've got some private ASIC miners over here as well. I'm making almost 2 BTC/day with them!

Seriously, these fake miners should stop. It's not like they can make much money because most certainly only desperate shills with very little capital or mining hardware will use them anyway. It's not profitable to make fake miners guys.
MineOrDie

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 01:53:15 PM by MineOrDie

So they keep deleting my posts about a backdoor in their miner. BE AWARE PEOPLE, BARRACUDA, TERRACOTTA AND NEOBLACK ARE ALL SCAMS!
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:45:27 AM

I agree with the OP 100%.

Mining is in such a sh*t state right now, even if a legit miner came through with no dev fee, the extra 1 or 2% you might make will not make any meaningful difference, especially when you consider they are most likely a scam.

This is the time to be securing your coins and planning to hold on tight for the foreseeable future and not try to eek out a few extra cents by risking your machines and/or coins to some scammer. The get rich overnight days have come and gone and now getting rich is going to require a lot of patience as well as vigilance in making sure any coins you do have stay safe.
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:18:58 PM

So they keep deleting my posts about a backdoor in their miner. BE AWARE PEOPLE, BARRACUDA, TERRACOTTA AND NEOBLACK ARE ALL SCAMS!
I've seen the Barracuda Miner thread lol. They deleted one of my post wherein i straight forward tell them that they're miner have a virus. It's a moderated thread and there are a lot of newbie accounts shilling on the thread.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: