Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:32:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bittrex so popular ?  (Read 285 times)
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:44:12 AM

I wonder that why Bittrex so popular as their commission charge so high compare to Binance, Kucoin & others? Is it because Bittrex has a lot of pair to trade? Confuse... Huh Huh Huh

Most people when it comes to selecting an exchange to trade on don't take into account the fees associated with each trade that much, simply because most people don't trade enough volume for that figure to have any sort of major significance.

Bittrex was extremely popular. But it's definitely not as popular now, especially after legacy accounts were removed from having the rights to deposit and withdraw without ID verification. That's why you see huge drop offs in volume in Bittrex as of now compared to a year ago.

Thus, it's probably wrong to assume that Bittrex is still that popular as most of these traders who want to remain anonymous are moving towards Binance where a 2BTC threshold is kept for anonymous accounts. For the remaining account holders, though, they're most likely there to trade very specific pairs not offered on other exchanges; or simply diversifying their trading across multiple platforms.
Right! I have seen bittrex to actually lose that recognition since they have decided to shut some people off their accounts without verification and also insisted on still using the old 0.25% trading fees. A lot of traders have moved to the likes of binance which apparently are gaining much more popularity as a result of the fees and that has made binance to be an exchange with the highest trading volume so far.

Bittrex to me right now is still just living in past glories, and with the competition hitting the exchange space gradually, if they do not end up doing much to attract users, they may lose more volume than they already have.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:52:27 AM

I wonder that why Bittrex so popular as their commission charge so high compare to Binance, Kucoin & others? Is it because Bittrex has a lot of pair to trade? Confuse... Huh Huh Huh
I would not say bittrex is in anyway popular anymore compared to before since the inception of binance and some other likely crypto exchanges with lesser fees. Bittrex fee is enormous, and for those who are into large volumes, it matters a lot. However, with respect to reputations, bittrex still stand a good chance hugely. Nevertheless, bittrex volume has dropped since a lot of traders ended up moving to binance for a better volume and fees.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 10:04:42 AM

Its still a reliable and trusted exchange than the rest that are just coming and lists different set of altcoins. Bittrex's popular decreased overtime when Binance started to emerge. Last year's were the years of bittrex,poloniex and other exchanges on their prime. I wouldn't be surprised if next year Binance starts to decrease their popularity and another new exchange will be recognized to be good.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

Its still a reliable and trusted exchange than the rest that are just coming and lists different set of altcoins. Bittrex's popular decreased overtime when Binance started to emerge. Last year's were the years of bittrex,poloniex and other exchanges on their prime. I wouldn't be surprised if next year Binance starts to decrease their popularity and another new exchange will be recognized to be good.
The service can't be "reliable and trusted", when customers funds are kept because of their TOS changes without prior notice and the chance for withdrawal. That is not a legal practice in my eyes and carries the risk, that they change again their rules and keep also the funds of their current few customers, they still have.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:06:16 PM

Yes, for me one of the main reasons to use Bittrex is that it offers an incredible number of trading pairs with Bitcoin. Bittrex has nearly 200 digital currencies, including many altcoins that appeared recently. The platform closely monitors tokens and removes from the platform those, whose developers don`t respond to user complaints or have technical issues.

I also like that the exchange keeps growing, develops and solves problems quickly and efficiently. So, one of the main problems of Bittrex was a huge demand for it, because of what several times the opportunity for registration of new users was eliminated. The Bittrex developers decided to solve this problem by opening a new crypto-exchange for residents of the European Union, which should contribute to the spread of blockchain technology and increase the level of user-friendliness of the platform (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/investcom-and-bittrex-announce-a-new-digital-trading-platform-300676153.html).
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:13:26 PM

As the times goes on , the quality is being test and proven so it's worth for the exchange to get the Popular title
When it require KYC as well, IMO it's also being apart of their security policy so as long as the exchange still legit, I have no problem at all !
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:36:58 PM

I no longer use them because of forcing their users to do KYC without prior notice but other than that, It's simply because it's reputable and reliable service. It's being 4 years since they're operating and they are handling things very professionally and yes, multiple trading pairs play a role as well because If people can't find their coin tradable in other exchange, they'll have to sign up in bittrex.
I do not use exchangers who push users to register by their KYC rules, but how is it possible to push users to do KYC without notice? They should to, it is the straight road to loosing of clients.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: